2007 Edge

2007 Ford Edge

2007 Ford Edge

4.5

Have You Driven the 2007 Ford Edge?

Nice vehicle

by Truck Lover from Richmond, VA on Mon Dec 29 2008

I bought my Edge (SEL AWD) as a certified used car in the summer of 2008. As a truck lover (I've had 4 ranging from a Chevy S-10 to a Dodge RAM Quad Cab), I knew downsizing to a CUV would be an adjustment, but I'm quite happy with the Edge. If money was less of an issue, I would've loved to have purchased a Lincoln MKX (the Edge's upscale sister), but I must admit that my Edge SEL is well-equipped with creature comforts that make it a good value. The Edge's V6 engine affords you ample power on the highway with gas mileage rivaling some 4-cylinder vehicles such as the Honda CRV and Element, Toyota RAV-4, and Ford Escape/Mercury Mariner (I test drove them all). However, the smooth ride of the Edge is well worth the trade-off of 1 or 2 mpg. This vehicle has a wide stance; once you adapt to that (i.e., parking and tight turns), you will learn to appreciate it. The width of the vehicle allows it to nimbly hug the road on tricky curves, and the interior space makes the vehicle feel roomy for even large (i.e., tall AND hefty) adults in the back seat. Shorter drivers should look for power seat options, as it may be a little tricky to get the seat/steering wheel adjustments just right. The Edge offers ample storage space with the back seats in the upright position (my friend's wheelchair fit in the cargo area with no problem), but with a touch of a button (SEL model), the back seats lay down for extra space. Alas, I don't have the panoramic sunroof (the only feature I wanted but didn't get), but overall, the Edge offers a balance of form and function not usually offered in a CUV.

Best of class by far

by John from Boston, MA on Sun Mar 21 2010

I have owned the Ford Edge for about 10 months now and it is great. I worked for a rental car company and have driven just about every car out there and knew right away that I was getting an edge when I drove it on the lot. I am a big guy (6'6") and there is more than enough room for me to be comfortable. Passengers can also sit behind me comfortably with the seat all the way back, a luxury not afforded by many makes and models. Aside from comfort, this car runs great. It is a quiet car, but is loaded with power. I drive an SEL with the v6 and am impressed by the giddy-up it has. Handling is tight and it seems to hug the road. Not top heavy so not much lean at all on turns either. One draw back is that it does roll quite a bit when idling on an upward hill. Could be because it is a very heavy car. Tons of cargo space with or without the seats up. It is definitely a great great car. I have had no maintenance issues and would definitely recommend this to anyone looking at the small suv/crossover class!

Love my Edge

by new mom with tall husband from Appleton, WI on Tue May 27 2008

I've owned my 2007 Edge SEL for about 2 months now and I love it! I had been driving a compact Saturn car for almost 9 years that had never done me wrong. But when our first child came along, the little Saturn just didn't cut it. My husband is 6'4", so interior space was a top priority. I wanted to be able to fit the car seat behind me on the driver's side. Surprisingly we had trouble finding a vehicle to fit the bill until we test drove the Edge. The car seat fits rear-facing behind me on the driver's side with no problem. My 6'4" husband can ride in the passenger side comfortably, even when we put the car seat behind him to test the roominess (for the eventual 2nd child). He cannot drive all that comfortably with the car seat behind him, but there is no vehicle that fits that bill. Only drawbacks are gas mileage (I've been getting about 17.5 mpg non-highway) and the rear liftgate is pretty heavy. There is the power liftgate option that I would have loved, but 2007's were hard to come by when we purchased in March 2008, and the blazing copper color was a MUST for me. :) LOVE IT!!!

love my edge

by irishgirl from Pittsfield, MA on Mon Feb 09 2009

I love my edge. It drives like a car but is up high like a SUV. More than enough room for the kids and all their stuff. Perfect for the Mom on the go. Love it!

Edge in the Mountains

by Married on the Edge from Swainsboro Ga on Fri Mar 23 2007

We just finished driving our new Edge on a 1300 mile road trip through the north Ga mountains. Mileage averaged 22.6 mpg. The Edge handled very well through the twists and turns, with plenty of power to climb the steepest of grades. My wife and I are both tall, so comfort, esp. leg room is very important and the Edge provided plenty. With the rear seats folded down we had plenty of room for all our luggage plus purchases made along the way. The optional vista roof allowed us some great views and made the trip even more enjoyable. My only regret is that we did not opt for the navigation system which would have saved us a few u-turns. Overall, Ford has done its homework, and produced, not only a headturner but a vehicle with real substance as well.

Worth every penny

by Edge Fan.... from Fort Lewis, Washington on Tue Feb 03 2009

We got our Edge (SEL AWD) about a year ago and have been impressed ever since. The V-6 is more than enough to get up and go when needed. The AWD came in very handy in the Washington State snow and ice. The interior is by far my favorite.......I've looked at SUVs and CUVs twice the price that don't even come close to the style and comfort of the interior of the EDGE.

Sporty and Functional

by Crossover Mom from Warren, MA on Tue Oct 12 2010

I'm a sportscar-girl-turned-soccer-mom who was looking for a car with a spacious interior and plenty of power that still rode like a car, not like a minivan or an SUV. Oh, yeah, I wanted something that looked good inside and out, too, with options like moonroof and great stereo. I got it all in my 2007 Edge. A little pricey, but I got the top end model, and after four months, am still very happy with it. The week after I got it, four of us -- three adults and a child -- went to the White Mountains on vacation for a week. Plenty of room, plenty of power, great style and ride. Can handle a BJs shopping trip with no problem. On the downside, it's not as quick as I'd like and the gas mileage could be better (it's a big car, though, so you can't have everything), and I'd like more seating capacity. Overall, I really like it, though, and would recommend it.

2007 Ford Edge SE

by Stranger2011 from Auburn, MA on Fri Mar 04 2011

Good car for the money. Bad gas mileage tough, barely 14-15 MPG city and 17 on highway. Under 27k miles, runs like new. Love it, what can I say.

2007 ford edge

by fordguy from SAN RAMON CALIF on Thu Apr 15 2010

LOVE IT, ABLE TO DRIVE 8 TO 10 HOURS WITH NO PROBLEM. CRUISES AT 75 WITH NO PROBLEMS. MPG HIGH WAY 22, CITY IS ONLY 17, BUT WITH THE COMFORT AND SAFETY I'LL TAKE IT. TONS OF ROOM UP FRONT AND IN BACK, WISH IT HAD INSIDE TEMP GAUGE BUT THE SE MODEL DOESN'T OFFER IT. WOULD BUY AGAIN

LOVE THIS CUV

by car lover from tucson arizona on Sun Mar 30 2008

wow i love this crossover i had a chevy impala 2006 I HATED IT boring loud problems with the susspenssion the edge i wonderfull 18mpg city 28 highway WOW i really recomend this car.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2007 Ford Edge

The Ford Edge is a comfortable, quick, smooth-riding light SUV with five seats and fresh styling. Even though it's a crossover, its gas mileage isn't what it could be, and it lacks the third row of seats that seems so important to buyers nowadays. On its own merits, though, it's definitely worthy of consideration for shoppers seeking a midsize SUV.

Exterior & Styling
The Ford Edge follows the styling direction established by the Fusion, Ford's midsize sedan. This associates the Edge more with Ford's cars than its trucks and SUVs. Does this mean people are getting more comfortable with models that have SUV characteristics but don't look quite like trucks? Many car-based SUVs have been made... Read More