NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2008 Edge

2008 Ford Edge

2008 Ford Edge

4.5

Have You Driven the 2008 Ford Edge?

I really love my Edge!

by Joe's Mom from Snohomish, WA on Tue Feb 15 2011

We purchased a 2008 Edge in November of 2010. It is a Limited with pretty much all the options--AWD, nav, vista roof, sport suspension, Sync, etc. It is a great car in inclement weather--very sure-footed in the major snow storm we had three days after we bought it. It seems a little noisy on acceleration from a stop, but it has great high-end power--my sweetie got it up over 100 mph on the test-drive, and it could have gone faster--don't tell the state patrol. The features on this Edge really make it fun to drive. The Sync system works great--very handy to have hands-free calling capability. All the buttons are on the steering wheel, and it was easy to learn the voice commands. The Nav system in 2008 is an older version that requires a CD--it lacks an internal hard drive for route information--but I understand you can buy newer CD's for about $100.00 as streets change. The vista roof is great--fully open, it makes the Edge about as close to a convertible as you can get in a crossover vehicle. The car just feels safe and sturdy, and will hold five adults with no problem--the back seat is actually a little higher than the front, which makes the rear seat passengers feel more like part of the party. Lots of cup holders, too! The rear seats flip down at the touch of a button so that you can put big things in the back--very handy! I only have two complaints. The gas mileage isn't great--about 17-18 mpg in kind of combined city/highway driving--but we knew that going in. The other thing is visibility--I have to be really careful in parking lots that I don't run over pedestrians, as the roof pillars are very wide, and the side-view mirrors are huge. I sit pretty short, so I just have to be very mindful as I drive to look both ways carefully. Other than that, it is a great car--especially as well-equipped as this one is.

One of the best vehicles I have ever owned

by Super Sport from Central Connecticut on Tue Apr 03 2012

This Edge came equiped with all the bells and whistles available. The Sync system was great, allowing me to talk on my phone hands free, a valuable tool when doing sales on the road. The vehicle handled like a dream, steering was very responsive,ride was comfortable and roomy. Satallite radio was great, but the best feature was this had an imput for an MP3 player so I could listen to exactly what I wanted to hear. This vehicle is a definate 5 stars!

Love it!

by idk from Austin, Tx on Thu Aug 25 2011

I just purchased the 2008 SE a few days ago, and I already love. I feel safe in it, which is one the things that sold me on it. Not much to complain about on this one. Safe, reliable, worth the money. The one problem I do have is when turning left, the side mirror does block the visibility of the lane. so it's kind of hard to tell if you're in the lane or going to hit the median, but other than that, everything so far is great.

Absolutely recommend - One of the Best

by perfect stranger from College Station, Texas on Wed Sep 03 2008

Purchased new spring 2008 to replace aged Trooper. Have really enjoyed the Edge, esp it's handling on windy days and decent gas mileage. I get 21-22 weekly and 23-24+ on road trips. SYNC is great value and I am really sold on it - for phone handsfree and the fantastic mp3 convenience. I transferred my music files to flash drive and leave my iPod at home most days. One of best features for me is the POWER LIFTGATE. Would like to never be without that again. Haven't had trouble with blind spot - I am fairly tall; maybe it depends on your height. And I like the convenience of keyless entry. Front seats are super for both myself (with back issues) and 6' 2" spouse. You don't feel like you are about to slide off these seats. I wish back seat was power adjustable but minor issue. Also Edge is rare in that the back seats are actually very comfortable for adults and easy to adjust. Nice ride and very comfortable and safe. Would definitely buy it again so hope it hangs around awhile. Very comfortable and great value - esp compared to much more expensive crossovers some friends have. They wish they had the Edge's features!

Love it!

by Jen Loves Her Edge from Raleigh, NC on Sun Feb 16 2014

I have always felt that Fords are more expensive than some of their foreign competitors but being a Michigan native, buying American is the only way I'll go. Other than the price tag being a little higher than I wanted to go, I love my car! It's roomy, comfortable, it's a nice quiet ride, and I have the limited so it's fully loaded. I wish the navigation maps were automatically updated rather than having to order updated DVDs but that's not a huge issue. I love the huge sunroof, heated leather seats, built in navigation system, the effortless sync with my phone, the USB and aux ports, the abundance of space inside without the vehicle being too big, and the spacious cargo area. I'm very happy with my purchase and look forward to my first road trip in this car.

FORD EDGE

by CALI GIRL from Cromwell, mn on Thu Apr 10 2014

Love this car. Tons of leg room and feels very stable and safe, even on snow covered roads. Even my husband is impressed with the edge. He says he would even buy another one.

Amazing

by ford lover=] from on Thu Mar 26 2009

i just love this car. went from an '05 explorer to the edge and i have to say the edge is definately a better choice. a little bit bigger than the explorer. the AWD on the edge is surprisingly better than the 4x4 drive on my previous explorer.

Edge

by Ford Edge from New Jersey on Mon Jan 14 2013

The ford is very roomy, but does not look bulky in the exterior. I have two sons and it greats for all the sports they take. I do not regret my purchase

Sweet spot of Style, Performance, Comfort & Price

by L.A. commuter from Ventura County, CA on Sun Apr 20 2008

Bought the 2008 Edge SEL 2 months ago and have already logged over 6000 miles. The selling points were the roominess and comfort of the cabin; the quiet but responsive ride, the vista roof and Sync (California Sun & Sync package). This vehicle really delivers on all counts. It's built solidly. Smooth, quiet ride. Looks awesome (though I wish the color choices were better -- I went with Ice Blue, which is very similar to a popular BMW color; black and grey were the only other colors that interested me). Sync is an incredible feature -- control your iPod by talking to it. Voice command works great 98% of the time, but that last 2% when it keeps missing what you're looking for can be a real pain. This is usually caused by bad metadata in the track info for the song or playlist you want -- but you can't revert to the iPod's touch pad while it's hooked up to the car. But the car is SOOO much more than Sync (obviously), and is a real pleasure to drive. Two safety notes -- 1) it can have a bit of a pull to the right on sudden acceleration. Nothing major, but enthusiasts will notice. 2) Blind spot on driver's side can be an issue. This is a much bigger vehicle than it looks in pictures. Especially when learning how it drives, you'll want to be extra careful about checking mirrors and over the shoulder when changing lanes. Highly recommend as both an SUV and a minivan replacement.

LOOKS AND PERFORMANCE!

by 1ST SUV from INDIANA on Fri Jan 02 2009

THIS IS A GREAT SUV. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL. IT DRIVES SMOOTH AND QUIET WITH A ROOMY INTERIOR. I HAVEN'T NOTICED ANY ISSUES WITH BRAKING AND I LIVE IN A COLD WEATHER STATE.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2008 Ford Edge

Editor’s note: This review was written in December 2006 about the SEL Plus AWD version of the 2007 Ford Edge. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what details are different this year, check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The Edge is a comfortable, quick, smooth-riding light SUV with five seats and fresh styling. Even though it’s a crossover, its gas mileage isn’t what it could be, and it lacks the third row of seats that seems so important to buyers nowadays. On its own merits, though, it’s definitely worthy of consideration for shoppers seeking a midsize SUV.

Exterior & Styling