2008 Escape Hybrid

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

Have You Driven the 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid?

Best vehicle i've ever bought

by consumer from malo, washington on Wed Aug 27 2008

before i bought my 2008 ford escape hybrid AWD, i read a lot of reviews and got the opinion of a ford mechanic friend. all the positive reviews and my friend's positive opinion proved to be correct. i'm actually getting more mpg than advertised. i drive 140 miles roundtrip to work, mon - thurs, and average 31 miles per gallon. i live in the country, so these miles could be considered mostly highway miles but include going over a mountain pass. i've driven it for almost a year now, and it has 25,000 miles on it. i usually get an oil change every 5,000 miles but have done no other maintenance yet. it starts right up, handles nicely, is comfortable, and i think rather attractive. to get to my house, i have to drive on 3 miles of dirt road that depending on the season can be like a washboard, covered in ice and snow, or extremely dusty. my car has no problem with any of it. and it handles going up and down that mountain pass on my way to and from work without any problem. i wish i hadn't gotten the extended warranty. i only tried to use it once when i locked my keys in the car with the engine running. it was a hassle to get help, which i eventually gave up on and found a different way to solve the problem. besides, the car runs so well (knock on wood) that for what the extended warranty cost, i could pay for whatever problem may arise down the road (excuse the pun). all in all, i highly recommend the ford escape hybrid, and i'm glad i got the all whell drive (AWD).

2008 FEH

by vraguso from Webster, NY on Tue Aug 23 2011

Ilike the truck very much. I should mention that it is equipped with the Ford Navigation system which includes several additional features not available without the screen and it has an advanced audiophile digital signal proceeor that sounds great. Also, the front seats and steering wheel are leather. The one issue I have with it is the trouble lights come on briefly from time to time, both for the HEV and for the engine, although there is no identfiable problem that needs repair. In 2009 Ford switched to electric air conditioning so the car can run in electric vehicle mode even with the A/C on, but I live in the North-East so it's not so much of a problem. Also, I had to buy cross bars for the roof rack as an accessory. I'm a former auto mechanic and I think this is the best engineered vehicle I have ever owned.

Ford Escape Hybrid PHEV

by Porsche owner from Wooster, OH on Sat Apr 16 2011

I bought this Escape to convert it to a plug in Hybrid Electric Vehicle. It has the NAV system which is rare in these vehicles and is awesome. I wouldn't buy one without this feature. It has GPS, hybrid monitoring, 6 disc CD changer that reads MP3 disks and a bunch of other features on a 7 inch touch screen. With the 4 kWh battery I added I am getting 45 to 50 mpg in this vehicle. Without it I get 27 mpg in winter and up to 35 mpg when it is warm. The inside is nicely designed and comfortable.

I love this car!

by Julie from Denver, Colorado on Tue Mar 04 2008

I special ordered my Escape Hybrid and it took 4 months to receive it. It was worth the wait! This is a great car! First of all, the outside styling is very cool! I ordered a black car with the additional chrome package. It is very styling. I also decked out the options except the nav system. The audiophile sounds great. I had a Bose system in my last car, an Acura MDX and it sounds better than the acura. It also handles better. So far I am getting around 31 miles to the gallon but have done a fair amount of highway traveling. I am very pleased with my purchase and hope to have this car for years to come. I have always had Hondas or Acuras and put this car in the same league.

So far, so great!

by Hybrid Lover from Twin Cities, MN on Mon Nov 26 2012

We bought this hybrid a few weeks ago. So far, it has pleased us very much. Every brand has features that another doesn't; I would love it if there were overhead handles to help me exit. The gas mileage has been great. We fill it about half as often as the car we traded in. (Ford Ranger) About our only complaint is that the paint is chipping at the top of the door frames--the parts which aren't metal. The car runs well and has a luxurious interior and safety features (side curtain air bags, etc.) we wanted.

Solid Performer

by Fall Guy from Los Angeles on Fri Nov 09 2012

owned since brand new and have 65,000 miles...getting about 31.5 mpg. it has been very reliable and only issue was climate gauge needed to be replaced as driver side was stuck at 65 degrees...fell under warranty (thought i was out of warranty but no arguement here). Been putting it on spme long hauls over past 5 months and has performed admirably...will run this one until it can't go anymore.

Great Gas mileage

by First Time Hybrid owner from Taunton, MA on Tue Sep 13 2011

Bought my 08 Ford Escape Hybrid in May. Upgraded from an 03 ford explorer. Basically doubled my gas mileage, which was awesome. Love the look and feel of the car. The only problem I've had is an issue with the waterpump going out a few months in. Brought it to the dealership and it was covered under warranty, so I'm back to loving my new hybrid! I do wish it had cost a little less upfront to make an even bigger difference in my overall cost of driving versus my old explorer, but I'm still saving money in the end!

First Hybrid - would buy another

by 2 Dogs in my Truck from Wisconsin on Wed Aug 17 2011

Have owned about 3 months, handles fine in the summer - waiting for snow to test the "AWD". Ford says they cover Hybrid train, but I have about 50,000 miles and there have been 3 motors/fans/parts that needed to be replaced, all part of the hybrid train, and none were covered under warranty. "Get up & go" is there, but consistently hitting 4,000 RPM to get from 40 to 60mph, so gas mileage suffers for it. Averaging about 29mpg.

Love my hybrid

by jackhamlady from Smithville, MO on Tue Apr 19 2011

I love my new hybrid. 30.2 mpg! Has the space of a suv and drives like a car! Leather interior is easy to clean. Nav center is the bomb. Radio, Gps, calendar, you name it, its there! Drives like a dream! Love the fact that the car runs electric part time. Save the planet one step at a time.

Great for my first SUV/hybrid!

by CarGirlLisa from Norfolk VA on Mon Jun 02 2008

I am a lifetime Ford owner. My husband wanted a hybrid and I wanted an SUV so we compromised. It is great getting 30+ milies a gallon, and I love the stylish look of this car. It is my favorite Escape design. It was very affordable and has a lot of options. I have had the 2008 model for over a year now and I am VERY happy with it. I would definatly recommend it it a friend.

1 2 3 4 5