2011 Escape Hybrid

2011 Ford Escape Hybrid

Have You Driven the 2011 Ford Escape Hybrid?

Extremely Happy

by ZJH from Madison, WI on Thu Feb 23 2017

I have owned three Ford Escape Hybrids - a 2006, 2010 and now a 2011. I absolutely adore these vehicles - the gasoline/hybrid option provide for amazing MPG (especially w/city driving) and the vehicle is comparable with everything currently on the market. I am extremely sad that they no longer make the Escape in a hybrid version, and will ultimately likely have to switch over to Nissan hybrids after this one, but until then, I ADORE my Ford Escape Hybrid.

Escape

by Escape owner from Los Angeles, CA on Thu Dec 30 2010

This is a pretty good car, very reliable. The design is somewhat outdated though.. Why don't they try making one like a hybrid Edge..

Serves my every need reliably

by Anthony Escape Hybrid from Chicago, IL on Mon Mar 05 2018

This is my 2nd Escape Hybrid (previous one was a previous-generation 2006) that I have well over 100K miles. It is comfortable to drive, serves my every SUV versatile need, and gives me great CITY mileage for a 4x4 SUV. Although it lacks some of the tech bells & whistles that have come to grace cars in the years since this was built, I still love driving it. It was sad to see that they stopped making it after 2012, and am not going to know what to try next when the day comes for me to get my next vehicle. Ford's excuse was that the "new" Escape with EcoBoost gets nearly as good mileage as the hybrid did, but they're talking highway, and almost all my driving is city. I hope that a future generation will bring back the hybrid, hopefully with an Energi (plug-in) version also.

reliable but noisy

by Biker from Rochester, NY on Mon Aug 29 2011

Overall a reliable car and good on snow and ice. Cons: 1) very noisy and 2) had to replace the master cylinder at ~60,000 miles. It required a special tool to fix it which could only be found at the Ford dealer and it cost $1200. Assuming these 2 problems are solved with the latest model, we would by another.

OWN a Ford Hybrid I've had 4

by Doc Hybrid from Waterford on Wed Apr 11 2018

Ford Escape hybrid is reliable and a cost-efficient overall to own vehicle. My son has one and I've had three. I drive one now with great success buy one find one get one. The Ford boxy Escape Hybrid is the one to own don't miss them they go very fast my name is Paul and I would recommend one to everyone I know don't miss out

by Topkick642 from Fallbrook, CA on Wed Nov 10 2010

Ford has dramatically improved this model since it's introduction in 2007. The interior has been upgraded to include SYNC and on board navigation. The mileage has also improved. I was averaging 32 mpg with my 2007 model, my 2011 averages 36 mpg!

Escape Hybrid

by Overly critical about my cars from Metro Detroit, Michigan on Tue Oct 25 2011

When I started looking at new vehicles to replace my piece of junk PT Cruiser I reviewed and test drove 2 GMs, 2 Jeeps, and 2 Fords of all the cars the Escape felt solid, drove equally solid and had very little road noise come into the cabin. Although the 2 GMs were just as quiet and solid. Since this is a everyday use car is was trying for the perfect blend of space and MPG. After a lot of discussion and although a little more expensive we settled on the Escape Hybrid. At this time I have approx 4500 miles on it and lifetime MPG average full economy is a shade under 33 MPG with about a 50/50 split city/highway. I fill up now instead of every 6 days I fill up every 12. I purchased the limited version with the leather seats although concerned at first about leather in the summer in Michigan I am pleasantly surprised the lighter colored leather does get warm but not bad when in direct sunlight however you can roast your legs pretty good (got the car in July). The Sound and Sync system sounds great very full sound when playing tunes. The commercials living life on full is not a lie it seems you can drive forever in the Hybrid. The hybrid also has a comic element when driving in EV mode the car is completely silent the looks of terror when someone in a parking deck finally realizes there is a SUV behind them.

Great hybrid

by Bcon from maine on Tue Dec 28 2010

2011 limited hybrid ...great little car/truck ..has the SUV look .. does not kick into hybrid mode as often as i would expect it to 26-31 MPG for the 4wd model is great .. handles like a charm in snow and ice.

Sweetest car!

by wo from brookfield mo on Tue May 17 2011

Love it all around! Had almost a month and not disappointed. Got what I was looking for.... Simplicity to handle, price range, gas mileage, fun. Kids are gone and I can whip around all over. Loaded with everything I wanted and more I didn't know was getting! Fun, Fun! For this 46 year old!