2004 Ford Excursion

It's a tank

by on August 6, 2017

Interior was nothing special, but gets the job done. Some broken plastics and non functioning DVD player. Otherwise, Powerstroke 6.0 gets 18 mpg no matter what you do. Runs great through snow with the 4x4 and its heavy weight. Can fit a small village inside. Great vehicle.

Awesome

by from California on July 16, 2017

I love the SUV it ride smooth and comfortable love the space it's roomy and u can take to camping and sleep inside
Not Rated Reliability

Big, dependable

by from Raleigh, NC on July 15, 2017

Just an absolute tank. I have the 5.4 gas engine and it does the job just fine. Everyone is proud to own their V10 diesel until it breaks and they have to buy a new V10 that cost as much as the Excursion itself

Uses car for Havingfun

Exscursion

by from cape coral, fl on June 14, 2017

Great!!! I love it great vehicle it is very reliable. can fit 7 people in there and can haul trailers with it.

Badass truck

by from Wiggins, Colorado on May 27, 2017

We were looking for a diesel excursion but after test driving a few diesels and a few v10's we decided on the v10 because the price was cheaper than a 7.3 powered excursion and has just as much power. It gets terrible mileage but it's been amazingly reliable, it's go plenty of power to haul 10,000lbs down the highway and hardly drops any fuel mileage with a load. We are the second owner and bought it at 104,000 miles, it now has 170,000 miles and no issues but regular maintenance. It has since been "totaled" in a hail storm which only really beat up the roof, we bought it back and have been enjoying it ever since. We drive it on 1000-2000 mile round trips through the mountains in the summer and manage 13-14mpg on the highways, and 11mpg in the city or towing. I plan on buying a 6.0 powered excursion in the near future as well.

Uses car for Towing

Good vehicle. Not good dealership

by from Rixeyville, VA on April 13, 2017

came to me with dead batteries on arrival. Not impressed with the dealership with all the things I have fixed since arrival.

Ford Excursion Diesel

by from Eleanor WV on February 27, 2017

This was a great truck for pulling a trailer and camper. It has a huge gas tank and drives like a dream. This is a great truck for long trips. Lots of room for the kids, pets, and luggage.

Top of the line!

by from Salem, Oh on December 19, 2012

I went from a 2000 ford f150 2 wheel drive V6 to my 2004 ford excursion eddie bauer edition V10 4x4. I tow a 27 foot boat a wife, kid and 4 big dogs. My F150 got me about 15 mpgs and my excursion gets between 10 and 12 mpg depending on if I hotrod. I have so much more truck in my excursion then I did with my F150. The milage difference between the Excursion and the F150 are minimal. I have more power then I'll ever need, its roomy and reliable. My kid loves the fact that it has a TV/DVD system. This is the perfect vehicle for recreation and family travel. I feel safe knowing I am larger then most vehicles on the road and you cant put a price on your families safety.

Uses car for Towing

King Of All SUV

by from Bay Shore,NY on September 26, 2012

Purchase my 04 Excursion with the 6.0 liter engine. I love it, I use this truck mainly for family excursion and hauling my daughter and her friends to cheerleading practices. I only wish Ford Motors bring back the Excursion.

Excellent hauler!

by from Okc on August 18, 2012

Awesome truck! Painful to fill up but not terrible when you consider how big and versatile it is. I have the 4x4 version and love how much higher it is. Ford messed up by ending production of these. The inside feels a little plastic, but not terrible. It's a great truck; well made. I've been very impressed with the quality of the drive train.