1997 Ford Expedition

GOOD VEHICLE FAIR PRICE

by from new port richey on August 23, 2017

Picked up vehicle saturday. Very cherry condition. 156k and drives like new. After reading all the other reviews am even more satisfied than i was when i opened up this site. Thank you all

Very reliable vehicle for 18 years

by from Rockwall Texas on August 13, 2017

I have owned my 97 Expedition for 18 years and have put 230,000 miles on it. Other than rebuilding the transmission at 95,000 miles and the front end at 140,000 it has been rock solid reliable!!!!!

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Ford explorer 2 door

by from Ackerman ms on August 9, 2017

My first paid for car and it was reliable and I had it over 8 years I got another vehicle and left it sitting in the yard over a year and when my current vehicle broke down I just went and put a battery in it and it started right up

One of the most reliable cars I own.

by from San Francisco, CA on August 4, 2017

This car is very reliable and the Interior has great space and leg room, however, the quality is terrible and there are no modern features.

Tough, durable,versatile vehicle!

by from Eastern Pa on July 19, 2017

I don't think I could have seen life without it, strong, reliable,dependable and a jack of all occasions. Has seen down and dirty, been used as football team mom's taxi, daily high travel work vehicle, and it's also seen very classy and polished events.

Expeditions drive very smooth also or work horses

by from Palm Beach Gardens on May 9, 2017

Expeditions that I had was and continues to be a very good vehicle pulling a 26 foot Coachman travel trailer with two slides traveling out west was very comfortable roomy and no problems pulling a big trailer such as we did I have no complaints whatsoever about this vehicle if you want a good reliable Ford that drives smooth but is a powerful vehicle Expedition is a great choice I do not and I'm not affiliated with any car dealers whatsoever I'm just sharing my opinion thank you have a great day

Uses car for Towing

Most versitle vehicle ive owned

by from Mauston, WI on May 6, 2017

I've put over 250,000 miles on my vehicle with little to no trouble outside of the basic maintenance and preventative maintenance you experience while owning a vehicle. Ive owned over 18 cars in my lifetime and this one has proven to be the most reliable and versatile. Great towing capacity, room for 7 adults comfortably and the power to get you places.

One of the best vehicles I have owned.

by from Truckee on April 12, 2017

Owned for 20 years, trouble free. The expedition was a great SUV for everything. Great in heavy snow when using 4 Wheel low.

Great truck

by from Aurora, CO on July 29, 2016

Had this truck for so long have put 270k miles on her. Haven't used her for over 3 years as I don't have children to haul anymore. But every so often would move her and she would start cough then purr. Don't know why I still keep this monster but she has been the most reliable truck or vehicle for that matter I have had.

18 Years, 265K later

by from South East Michigan on December 11, 2014

My parents picked up our 97 Expedition in 1998. She was driven by a ford dealer owner for a one year lease, and we have had her ever since. I am currently 18 years old and ready to leave for college, and our expedition has been there every step of the way. My parents are business owners that needed a reliable car for both the business and our family. Over the years, we have made 9 round trips to our timeshare in Vermont, and have not had a problem even in our most recent trip where she had over 235,000 on her. She now currently has about 265,000 on her, and my parents plan to get a new vehicle with better fuel economy. Since i got my license in 2013, I have been the primary driver f this car, and could not giver her higher praise. If you are looking for a truck that will get you anywhere, no matter the distance or weather condition, i highly recommend this vehicle to anyone. It will be hard to let this car go if we decide to sell her. The only negative is the fuel economy. The Cars.com statement that she gets over 20 on the freeway is misleading. We average around 13, usually about 15 on the freeway. Now, when we first got her, my parents claim she got upper teens, so the engine may be worn down. However, based on other Expedition owners reviews, the engine should give you no troubles even well over 300,000 miles. Will miss this car greatly if we decide to sell. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone. The engine is a beast, and most owners tend to take well care of these vehicles. Even in Michigan weather, our car has accumulated little rust. I hope anyone reading this truly understands how much I love this car, and know that you will too.

Our Expert Review: 1997 Ford Expedition