2003 Expedition

4.5 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.2 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

A few things...but dont regret buying!

by Riding on 22s from Omaha,ne on September 6, 2008

First the good stuff. I bought this truck a couple of years ago and I love it. The room is unparrelled(escpecially the third row), the handling excellent(turns like a car), power is awesome! The braking is on spot! Nebraska winters mean a foot or two of snow and you will never have a problem getting through anything. Now the bad stuff...eats gas like it grows on trees, around 50,000miles i had to replace the tranny(ext. warranty covered that $2500 repair), and some issues with the AC. But overall i dont regret buying at all, except when gas goes up to 4/gallon again!

100k and still rolling strong

by Franklie from Dallas,TX on November 24, 2009

I got my moneys worth. Smooth ride quality. The only negitive issue was seat cushions foam fell appart.Rotors are expensive to replace and can not be turned The engine and tranny held up great. I bought another Expedition to replace 03. Held its value ok too.

Car that withstands anything

by TDLAX from Denver, CO on June 30, 2010

We have had our Expedition since it was brand new. The car has been driven back and around all over the USA (has 178k miles and still runs like new). The car is built to last a lifetime in my opinion. May be getting 13 miles per gallon, but the car is really fun to drive. Has a DVD entertainment system package and it comes with many options. The only thing we had to EVER replace on it was the tires and brakes, nothing else. Ford has a reputation for building tough cars and cars with outstanding durability, and they have proved that. Car can go off-road and go through the tough terrain like nothing and the 5.4L V8 engine sounds like a monster when revved. I feel like the king of the road when I'm driving. I see a very bright future for the Expedition and Ford.

Been a GREAT car

by Trailer Puller from North Florida on September 4, 2007

I said CAR because that is what it feels like when driving. I had an older Expedition (1998) that felt very much like a truck. The 2003 doesn't ... great ride and feels much more stable. I did have an accident in the 1998 and have to say that I couldn't believe the exterior damage that was done since there was NO intrusion into the cabin itself. I seriously doubt that I, or my six passengers, would have survived without serious injuries had we been in any other vehicle. I now have 85,000 miles on this one and have yet to have a single mechanical problem --- not ONE! It's been a GREAT car!!

GREAT SUV

by Only Buy Ford Cars from Madison, WI on February 17, 2009

We've done just about everything with this truck. It can tow just about anything just fine. We have a boat and camper and it tows them great- just the right height for towing also. Very smooth and comfortable. For an 03 the features are nice- sunroof would've been nice :) Love the colors availible too we have a black eddie bauer and the styling is striking. Does well in snow and ice. Great truck for anything and everything.

Great Large SUV

by Big Blue from Franklin, TN on February 25, 2010

4x4 with 5.4 liter. It has been an excellent vehicle. I bought it with 30K miles on it and haven't had any problems. It now has 75K on it. Pulls a 5,000 pound boat easily. Love the room. 3rd row seat fits adults. AC seats are great. Rides really well.

I love my 2003 Expedition

by Luv my Eddie Bauer Edition from Clarksville, TN on December 16, 2008

This vehicle drives and handles like a dream. I bought mine used 1 and 1/2 years ago. The only work I've had to do on it was replace the battery and an ignition coil. The tires are fairly expensive to replace, but I expected that. When my odometer reached 100,000 the gas mileage dropped from 17 mpg to 14 mpg, so I am very vigilant about the maintenance.

I took a ride in a expedition once and fell in luv

by !-_-!CrasH!-_-! from Warfield kentucky on August 29, 2011

Well I bought this car used a couple of years ago for 14 thousand with 117,000 miles on it and it now has 195,000 on her...She has been through everything, and climbed over just about everything...You put some nice mudder tires on her and she will climb and hug corners. One day I was driving about 50 when a deer jumped in front of me and the damage was minimal...the bumper and grill came apart and was able to be put back together in under 2 minutes on the side of the road...the damage was more internally and the insurance paid 1,100 to have the damage fixed. She loves to drive through water.. I dont know what I would do if I didnt have the easy turn knob for the AWD, 4 high and 4 low....I own a tree service, Ive hauled a 35 foot travel trailer, a car trailer with another expedition on it, Ive pulled trees over with it, Ive drug logs up hills with her, and I have pictures to prove it. Im so use to this ride if I had a choice I would have a engine and tranny on stand by when they are ready to go out..but untill then Im just gonna keep driving her...At stop lights I put her in neutral to be easy on the tranny and I take her out of over drive untill she reaches up to 50 plus just to be easy on the tranny..Something I was taught and maybe thats why she has 195 k on her and still drives well.

The Best SUV for ME

by Expo guy from omaha,ne on February 11, 2012

How do I start? how about I LOVE I LOVe this truck... I have owned a Tahoe, I currently have a grand laredo (2nd vehichle) BUT my favorite thing to drive is my Expedition! This thing has power that hasnt fained or lessened or weakened since the day I bought it 39,000 now it has 93000. I live in Nebraska and when it snows it snows! Never been stuck matter fact I have pulled out other trucks with no problems. To be honest the only I thing have done major was the tranny around 55000 miles but from what i heard there was a design flaw in this year model. Other than that nothing just regular oil and maintanance changes (i.e. brakes and air filter,battery...) this thing reliable like no other! If you are looking to buy something that is going to fit the whole family plus some this is it hands down. Yeah the MPG could be better BUT it is a big truck what would you expect. I am definitely going to buy another if and when this thing gives up on me. And 100% would reccommend.

Great Truck

by Car Man from Nashville on January 8, 2012

This is my first Ford and i am very impressed. Very little maintenance needed and with 180,000 miles still driving strong like the day I bought it!

1 2 3 4 5