2013 Expedition

2013 Ford Expedition

2013 Ford Expedition

Have you driven the 2013 Ford Expedition?

great suv for travelling

by cedarbob from florida, jacksonville on May 29, 2013

This is my 5th ford suv, that should tell you about my choice of vehicles.I don't think you can get a more comfortable ride for the money.

Great for Long Term investment

by Deanster from Texas on February 8, 2014

We just bought our second Expedition. Our first (1997 XLT) has lasted 17 years, 235,000 miles, and the only thing we've ever done to it, was to change out one of the coils. After 17 years, I figured the Wife had earned the right to buy a new one ... not that there is anything wrong with the old one ... still runs and looks great! I am glad to see they are still using the 5.4, We went with the 5.4 from the start in the 97, as the old 4.6 just seemed to be too little engine for a vehicle this size. Some notable improvements from the first edition Expedition .. this vehicle rides and steers much better. It is quieter, and the seats are much more comfortable. Granted .. I'm a "practical" buyer, and look at functionality, and really couldn't care less about the "bells and whistles" that some people consider "important" these days. So, from that perspective, the Expedition is a excellent choice, especially if you plan on keeping it till the wheels fall off ... which apparently, they refuse to do! Ha! It pulls our Boat [5,500 lb] beautifully. But, it does have some new features that I don't know how to operate, but people tell me that they just love them ... like the SYNC system with Blue Tooth technology, whatever that is. Anyway, it is a fine vehicle, ... just wish they would have offered the Sand "Tan" like our old one,

Uses car for Towing

Road trip

by shooter from Houston on March 21, 2013

My recent road trip from Hou to Big D was a break in for my XLT which performed well on the road but was hard on milage because the engine was being broken in on this trip. The seats were comfortable and the nav and sound system was user freindly.

Best Car out there!

by SUV from Canton, MI on June 17, 2013

This is by far, the best kind of car ford makes and the a very great SUV compared to its competors. I am Just a highschooler but i do know a lot about cars. my dad has worked for Ford for many years. durring these years, we have had about 5 differnt expeditions. we love them. a key feature that the ecpedition has that some of its competeditors dont like the tahoe and esclade is the 3rd row. on a expedition, the 3rd row can fold flat with a push of a button. other cars like the Esclade, the seats have to be taken out and set somewhere. For a big SUV like this, you may have to pay big bucks. the nicer ones cost about 60,000. this is not a waste of money, just a lot for a car. but its worth it. you can easily fit 8 big adults comfortably. you can tow about 9,000 pounds whitch is a lot. YOU WILL NOT REGRET BUYING AN EXPEDITION. WORTH THE MONEY!!

Awsome vehicle

by Dog guy from Cleveland Ohio on August 29, 2017

The 2013 expedition was exactly what I needed. I had a 2015 Mercedes ML350 that was just to small for my needs. The expedition is used to haul 4 dogs and gear. Possibly a travel trailer in the future. It is a bit sluggish compared to my Mercedes ML. Same power however the Ford weights a lot more. Both have the same towing capacity. Seat are really comfortable. This is one feature I've always loved with my ford vehicles. Navigation works well. The micosoft sync. System is nice. Although i prefer the Mercedes knob style control over a touch screen. The system is simple and fairly intuitive. The voice control beats the mercedes in my opinion. The steering on such a large vehicle is very precise and handling is solid. I've heard they have problems with the 5.4 V8 towards 100k miles and there is also issues with the aluminum parts. The paint bubbles. Which was present. I work for a dealership so I was not to concerned with these issues. Fit and finish is solid. No squeaks or rattles given the vast amount of plastic. Especially the big hard plastic dash. Thought for sure it would squeak. I was also considering a chevy Tahoe. 2013 tahoes did not have rear fold flat seats. I needed the entire rear end to be flat for medium sized dog creates. As an added bonus the vehicle has heated and cooled seats which is really nice. The remote start is a little wonky. Probably the user more than the product. It does work from a solid 100 yards away. Backup camera is clear. Not as nice as my Mercedes, but clear video is good. And plenty of illumination at night.

I will never be without an Expedition

by SEAWEED from NORTHPORT, FL on March 28, 2018

Made in the U.S. Totally impressed with this vehicle. Very smooth ride for a truck and feels sturdy. We actually feel very safe in this vehicle. Plenty of space when traveling with our three Greyhounds and extra room for our stuff.

Best car I've ever owned!!

by Becks from Bend, OR on April 9, 2017

My car exceeded my expectations!! She rides smooth, she's fast and I love the bluetooth and navigation!!

I would not buy a Ford Expedition

by Rusty Ford from Kansas City on December 15, 2013

I have now purchased two Ford Expeditions. I was happy with the first and so I bought a second. The new Expedition has developed paint bubbles along the trunk and hood. Ford refuses to fix it because "the car hasn't rusted through". What? Paint bubbles on a two year old fifty thousand dollar truck not covered? Please google "Expedition paint bubbling" before you waste your money on this truck. The brakes are also very poor in that they don't stop the vehicle well. Not sure what I will get next but it will not be a Ford...

Does not recommend this car!!

Absolutely like brand new - showroom condition!

by Sandy M from Mashpee, MA on November 16, 2017

Love thus vehicle - selling because I no longer drive it very much. Comes with a transferable, bumper-to-bumper warranty with a zero deductible!!!

Almost Maintenance Free

by Dave in Houston from Houston on August 26, 2018

The main engine computer had issues at 22,000 miles but was covered by Ford, the front rotors needed resurfacing early and I put a battery in it right after the battery warranty expired. I don't think they use great brake pads or batteries from the factory, but other than that the truck has 91,000 miles and 5 years on it and literally runs and drives like new. I haven't even burned out a bulb or had any interior plastic parts break, and we haul kids. This has been the most trouble free and reliable vehicle I have ever owned, including Toyota, Honda and Acura. I didn't like the plasticky dash when I bought it, but 14k cheaper than a similarly equipped Suburban, I learned to live with it.

1 2