2018 Expedition

2018 Ford Expedition

2018 Ford Expedition

Have You Driven the 2018 Ford Expedition?

They did it right this year

by Dave from Salt Lake City, Utah on Tue Jun 12 2018

This car is awesome. We ended up with the Max Platinum and don’t regret it. It is an expensive car, but it is the only suv in this class that will pull my heavy boat safely. The attention to detail inside and out make this a wonderful car. It has decent gas mileage and a thoughtful design. Great turn radius, and a peppy engine (400 horse in the platinum). The adaptive cruise is great and will even come to a complete stop and resume the cruise with the push of a button. It truly is the best in class.

Beautiful vehicle, love all the safety features.

by ChristinaH from Oklahoma City, OK on Sun Nov 25 2018

This vehicle is perfect for my family. Plenty of room, the safety features are excellent and my kids are liking all the features in the second row like the extra USB ports, headrest tv screens and the heated and cooled seats.

Awesome Vehicle

by Whitfield from High Springs on Tue Jun 05 2018

The new Expedition is great. It has much more room than any of its competitors and the quality craftsmanship is hands down better thannany other vehicles we test drove.

Work truck and family hauler

by Pearce from Greenville, SC on Sun Nov 04 2018

As a mom of 3 who owns her own business, I wanted a car that could do it all. I looked at all of the full size SUVs and this one had the best gas mileage, handles great, and is loaded with awesome features. It’s pricey, but we found a good deal on one with just 12,500 miles. I love it.

Fantastic Vehicle!

by Karen VA from Smithfield VA on Mon Apr 29 2019

This SUV is a dream to drive and rides so smooth. Comfortable seating for 7 and easily accessible 3rd row seating. All the latest technology makes the Expedition easy to maneuver. Gas mileage up around 23 mpg so better than F-150. My best vehicle so far!!

After one week- 500 mile road trip

by Wangle from Des Moines, IOWA on Mon Feb 04 2019

We certainly have had no disappointments. I had done a lot of reading and comparing before purchasing this SUV. We are still learning new things about its capabilities. We are replacing a 2003 Expedition, and after looking used we test drove the new re-designed 2018, and were blown away. The difference between the 2018 and the 2017 is phenomenal. We never thought we would buy new, but we are so glad we did.

I'm a fan

by LMH Kansas from Kansas on Tue May 29 2018

So far , so good. I don't have any negative thoughts about this car yet. it has met all my expectations thus far. This expedition rides comfortably and doesn't drive like a large SUV

Very Happy Every Day!

by Taka from Torrance, CA on Sat Oct 05 2019

I am very happy with my 2018 Expedition LTD 4WD with package of 360 deg. camera, B&O sound system, 22 inch wheel, sunroof, leather seats. I have been driving it for the last 10 months in southern CA. It is very smooth and powerful. 10 speed transmission - works like a motor. When at idling (around 600rpm) it is very quiet. Normal mode is good but from time to time I enjoy switching to Sport mode - it is fast and fun! It automatically switches to 4WD. Also it is a good mode to drive up & down hilly road. Especially at driving down the hill, Sport mode works as engine brake (as it is not shifting gears at lower rev.). Idling stop is very smooth and no time lag to start up and take off. 360 deg. camera (front and rear view with 180 deg. angle) is quite helpful and make very easy for backing up at parking lot, for example, to check the traffic coming while I am backing up. Front camera is a must to check the clearance in my garage back wall (which barely fits the car). All warning sensors are super helpful, too. B&O Sound - Excellent! Especially, my car has a built-in CD player, but no longer equipped in 2019 model. If you are a music lover, you should buy a 2018 model! Air conditioning - good and powerful Max AC cooling down inside very quickly. Heated steering wheel / heated seats - I doubted about the benefit in southern California, but they are really good and now I cannot live without it on winter days! I love the automatic motorized running board, very cool! I also love the look of 22inch wheel - it remains the same in 2019, but changed in 2020. Exterior - All LED lights mine has, very good. I love the paint - Tri-coat white I have. Interior - Stone / Dark Brown combination, so beautiful! The color coordinator team did great job! The seat position is set exactly I want by adjustable seat position / height, steering wheel and pedal positions. One small device but very useful - Universal garage door button at sun visor. Needless to say, Apple car play with my iPhone works perfectly. I am so happy to drive in and out every morning, day, night, the car makes my drive fun and feel so easy to travel - the town feels much smaller now. It is great to do long drive, too, stress-free for hours of drive. My entire family are so happy with the car, too. I received great comments from my friends, too. I am so appreciative for the entire Ford team to create and develop such a beautiful and nice car! Best of the best in the market for me!! Only down sides are it is pricey (but really worth it), and gas eater (daily short town driving around 12 mpg, freeway around 20 mpg). I will keep my car as new as possible and drive it for a very long time.

I am very happy with this car

by Kack from Golconda,Ill. on Fri Jul 27 2018

This car should meet all our needs for travel and comfort for all persons in the vehicle . There is plenty of legroom for all.I am very happy with this vehicle.

Loving the room

by Texasmom from Dalhart texas on Sun Oct 14 2018

This car drives great for a full size suv and has tons of power. I love the extra legroom. Went from a yukon to this expedition and this one has considerable more second and third row legroom.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2018 Ford Expedition

The verdict:

Big, bold and fully updated, the Expedition has the goods to take the sales crown away from the Chevrolet Tahoe.

Versus the competition:

It may not have a V-8, but you won’t miss the two extra cylinders; it has plenty of power and more usable space and useful technology than any other SUV in the class.

Just as minivans replaced the family station wagon in the 1980s, so too did big SUVs vanquish those vans in the 1990s. Since then, however, the Great Recession and occasional gas price shocks have returned the largest SUVs to their original role in the market: expensive vehicles bought by people who need big, multi-passenger vehicles that can tow a lot of weight. The segment leaders are the Chevrolet Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, and it isn’t hard to figure out why: Their main competitor, the Ford Expedition, hadn’t seen a major update in almost a decade.

Now all that has changed. Behold the behemoth: an all-new 2018 Ford Expedition that aims to knock the Chevy off its top-truck... Read More