2010 Expedition EL

2010 Ford Expedition EL

2010 Ford Expedition EL

Have You Driven the 2010 Ford Expedition EL?

Meets all our needs

by mom that needs power from Waco, TX on Fri Nov 12 2010

I needed a car, that could still tow horses, haul hay and get the family where we needed to go safely and with plenty of storage and this car is it. I down sized to this vehicle from a F250 Powerstroke and have not been disappointed. It has met all my needs.

Happy with My Ford Expedition

by Rick from TN from Knoxville, TN on Mon Feb 10 2014

I've owned a lot of SUVs--several Jeeps, two Isuzu, even a Land Rover. Had a 2006 Jeep Commander which I liked a lot but it didn't have the towing capacity for our new 30' travel trailer. My brother had a 2003 Ford Expedition for 10 years and really liked it. Given the required towing capacity of 9000 lbs and my budget a 2009-2011 Expedition fit the bill. I used Cars.com and other sites and was able to find a 2010 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer at Moss Motors in S. Pittsburg TN. Low miles, great condition and every option. really good price and great people to work with. So far I've been very pleased with the Expedition--even the gas mileage is ok--17 mph on the highway. If you have a travel trailer in the 7500 lbs range the Ford Expedition is certainly an option.

Uses car for Towing

Big Blue has me riding high and in style

by Clay from Greenville, SC on Thu Dec 30 2010

My previous vehicle was a 2000 Ford Excursion with the 7.3 Diesel, which I bought new in 2000 and dearly loved. I, like many others, was very upset when Ford decided to cancel production on the Excusion which filled a nitch for us "Tall people (6'-4" & above). However Ford came out with the Expedition EL and all was forgiven I bouught my 2010 Expedition EL back in October over the internet in Milwaukee and then flew up there from Greenville, SC to pick it up. It is unbelievable how smooth and quiet a ride it is. Also Ford has increased the leg room in the front seats to where us tall boys can stretch out and enjoy the ride. The EL is a little narrower than the Excursion but about the same length, so there is plenty of room inside for all kinds of things. This is definitely another keeper that I'll hang onto for about ten more years. Don't forget about us tall boys Ford. We depend on you! Clay

Good, big SUV - much cheaper than a Suburban!

by Jason from Palmyra, PA on Mon Apr 01 2013

We bought this because a similar year/mileage Suburban would have been about $5-6k more. We got ours in great shape for $24k w/ 44k miles. I added the 7-pin connector for the hitch (ours had the standard hitch setup with only a 4-pin connector.) and I added a rearview camera due to the massive size of this compared to our minivan. What's really nice about Ford is that all the interior panels pop off very easily and there is plenty of room for wiring runs. The trailer aux power wire was pinched off under the hood, so I had to run it to the back, and there were not 12V power outlets in the 3rd row (so I added one on each side). Again, all the extra space on the side panels made this easy. It has lots of power, and rides REALLY comfortably. The 2nd row seats are 40/20/40, so either side has a single seat that folds easily for 3rd row access. All rows have very comfortable seats for our gang of kids. I would recommend this to any growing, towing family without a 2nd thought. With the same size as the Suburban, this car's significantly lower price is nice. We paid the extra $1700 for a private bumper-to-bumper 4 yr/100k mile warranty, and when the driver's door power window motor died after a month (which is common on Fords), the $500 repair cost us only the $100 deductible (and our original dealer covered that out of good businessmanship!). Overall, great car.

LOVE the space. Most comfortable seating I've had.

by TannaM from Amarillo TX on Fri Aug 18 2017

Beyond roomy. Perfect for our family of 5. Cargo space is second to none. Love the dash and console.

expedition 2010

by Deann from NACOGDOCHES,texas on Fri Mar 17 2017

Great ford vehicle !It is your all around vehicle to have especially if you are ford person. I bought it take my family when we go out of town. This vehicle has everything you need.

Space for everyone

by growing family from Wichita, KS on Wed Jan 02 2013

The Ford Expedition EL was the only car that fit all of the qualifications we wanted. It has room for everyone, hauling a boat, space behind the third row for storage and best all around use. Just wish it wasn't such a gas hog!

I love this car!

by Eric from Morgan, UT on Fri Feb 16 2018

This car is perfect for my family. There is a ton of room for my kids to spread out, so they don't fight, and the EL offers a ton of room for my cargo. It is a limited addition and I cannot believe that it is a 2010 because all of the whistles and bells make it feel much more modern. It drives very well and parks really easy so I'm not worried about hitting other cars in parking lots. I'm glad that we purchased this vehicle.

Engine problems

by Tom F from Springfield Mo on Fri May 12 2017

Great looking vehicle very happy with the styling and comfort, but be careful with 5.4L get it checked out before you buy!!!

Does not recommend this car!!

Fairly reliable.

by Expedition mom from Fairview pa on Fri Dec 01 2017

This truck is fantastic with space and performance. The inside comfort is hard to beat. Gas is costly, but the comfort and versatility makes up for it. Great for hauling boat.

1 2