2004 Ford Explorer

Bought to keep my newer cars miles down

by from Trenton, NJ on September 22, 2017

This car is amazing for how old it is. The car value holds, the vehicle still runs amazing. Very great job b Ford as their cars are still on the road even at 15 years old.

Very reliable vehicle, especially for a big family

by from Newark nj on September 19, 2017

I had this vehicle for a couple of years now, and it didn't disappoint me not one time. I think the overall performance is good, very comfortable, and reliable family car.

Great Truck

by from Taylor, Mi on September 9, 2017

This was a great SUV, always starts and runs, and drives. Very sturdy vehicle. Drove it from Michigan to Alabama, no problems.

Junk junk junk junk

by from Cassatt on September 6, 2017

I'm an auto technician for 28 yrs, and a Ford man since birth but I'm not impressed with Fords quality in their Engines & Transmissions anymore day in day out these pieces of junk come in with all the same problems 5r55e transmission JUNK, 4.0l engine timing chain system JUNK, thermostat housings JUNK, rear diffs.JUNK, all 4 wheel bearing JUNK, 4.6L engine timing chain system JUNK intake manifold leaks coolant JUNK ignition coils JUNK, heater control valve JUNK . I've owned one couldn't wait to get rid of it and wouldn't even take one of someone gave it to me!!!!!!!!!

Runs great clean

by from Westerly on August 16, 2017

I was going to keep it but other situation came up doesn't need any work runs great and put some work into it great deal

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Dependable and lots of room

by on July 24, 2017

This is a dependable vehicle for the price being asked. Lots of room for a work vehicle or a large family.

Great SUV for base model

by from Landing, NJ on July 23, 2017

Had the base model version. Was alright on gas, the 4x4 was incredible never had an issue with snow or rain with proper tires. as along as it was taken care of the explorer took care of you. They have a bad name for no good reason.

Best vehicle I have owned!

by from Olathe Kansas on July 19, 2017

I have a 2004 V8 Eddie Bauer with 240,000 miles, 140K of which I put on it. V8 is still strong and with the 5 speed transmission, it is well geared to be peppy and fun to drive. Tows well I think the close ratio gearing helps. But it handle a lot of tongue weight very well too for not being a full size vehicle. 4WD system is flawless in its operation. I have replaced the front bearing packs several times and the rear bearings once. One fuel pump....painful! Same transmission and no motor work. Mileage is 16.5 to 17 combined. For a conventional rear drive vehicle, the Exploder drives great......easy to handle and turns very tight. I paid $9,500 for it 6 years ago and even if you add some repairs and fuel, it is a very inexpensive ride. I have decided to keep it till it dies.

Best SUV I've ever driven

by from Mableton, Ga on July 12, 2017

This was my first SUV and it spoiled me. It was very stylish with optional appearance package. If this model hadn't been "updated", I would still be driving one.!

Amazing car, great family car.

by from Boston, MA on July 5, 2017

The 2004 Ford Explorer is a great traveling car great 3rd row car an a really nice family car. We have traveled to Florida and New York and it's 2017 still works like brand new.