Read or write a review.

4.2
Average based on 16 reviews

worlds best 4x4 suv

by from oman muscat city on July 11, 2010

the 2010 ford explorer is the best mid size SUV and the xlt model is the best one for off-roading its coming with 4.0 v6 shoc engine and power of 210 hp

Uses car for Off-roading

practical SUV

by from Ogden, IA on April 11, 2012

Also drive a Suburban and find the Explorer to be a nice alternative vehice. Very comfortable, seats fold down very easily and give a nice cargo area. Big enough for a large dog crate. Find some of the controls such as the turn signal/wiper combo to be awkward. Wish the setting buttons for the cruise and audio system were larger and better located. Also have hit the 4x4 button while adjusting the AC. Good size to drive in town, but has also been very dependable in snow. Good power, but not the best mileage in the market. Good visibilty, seating is good for children.

Very Happy

by from Southern California on February 1, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a car to fit my 2 kids and grandparents and didn't want a minivan. We're very happy with this Explorer. It doesn't have the bells and whistles like the newer version, but it gets us where we want to go, feel very solid when driving, has power to accelerate when I need it and fits everyone just fine. Not a luxurious car, but I love the sportiness of it. When buying a used car, check the alignment of the doors and the body. I learned that after I purchased it - no accidents reported, but the back door wasn't flush like the other side was - it was obviously repaired. Still very happy with the car.

Gas guzzler!

by from PA on February 15, 2011

This is a nice car except that it guzzles gas as soon as you sit in it! I've had RV's with better mileage.

Buying Experience

by from Flatwoods, KY on January 10, 2013

I was able to locate the vehicles within a 100 mile radius from home that I would consider. After contacting a couple of sellers by email, I settled on a 2010 Explorer -one owner with low mileage and the color I liked and the dealer was located about 60 miles from my home. The salesman was very helpful and not pushy at all. Met him on the following Saturday and test drove the vehicle and subsequently purchased it. Had it not been for the internet, I would have never driven to this dealership just to look on their lot without the pictures and options detailed on their Cars.com listing.

Do Not Buy

by from Joliet, IL on April 27, 2014

I have owned 3 Ford Explorers. Bought a 2004 new, traded for a 2007 low miles, and traded for a 2010 low miles. The 2007 had radiator problems from the start, and transmission problems later on. So, thinking Ford had improved their model, I bought the 2010. It is the worst of them all. Immediate radiator problems, a cabin odor that won't go away and nobody can fix. It whines when accelerating, and Ford used cheaper metals and glass in the newer models. It's so bad I have to get rid of it. Be warned, don't buy Ford. From a long time owner of Fords, had a Thunderbird in the 90's, but never again. Shame on Ford!

so far so good.

by from Dhahran on August 18, 2010

fuel economy is not good but it's not a big deal for me because gasoline here in Saudi Arabia is very cheap. riding comfort is excellent especially long trip driving, ac is great.

Most uncomfortable

by from Phoenix, AZ on March 8, 2011

I love the Ford explorer except for the headrests. They are tilted way forward and force me to continually bend my neck forward. If I lean the seat back then I have no backrest. I saw afterwards that the internet has many reviewers with the same concern and so far Ford has been of no help.

Great family SUV

by from Summerville, SC on October 26, 2010

I had a 1999 Explorer Sport and really liked it. I always wanted the Explorer and finally was able to get it. It rides so smooth and actually gets better gas milage than I thought. I had to buy a bigger vehicle due to becoming a grandmother and needing more room than my car and knew this was the perfect opportunity. This suv drives great. The suspension is so nice and it holds everything my grandson could bring with him including his John Deere tractor. My Explorer is very basic and its only downfall is the mobility of the seats. Very manuel for the 2nd and 3rd rolls. If you were thinking of getting your own Explorer, don't wait any longer. GO FOR IT.

2010 Explorer

by from Tuscaloosa, AL on February 13, 2012

We had a 2007 Explorer and liked it so much that when we got the 2010 Explorer, we go the exact same one. Ours is a 4X4 Eddie Bauer edition. Looks great and is super comfortable.

Similar Models