2010 Explorer

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

worlds best 4x4 suv

by ford lover from oman muscat city on July 11, 2010

the 2010 ford explorer is the best mid size SUV and the xlt model is the best one for off-roading its coming with 4.0 v6 shoc engine and power of 210 hp

Uses car for Off-roading

practical SUV

by purplegram from Ogden, IA on April 11, 2012

Also drive a Suburban and find the Explorer to be a nice alternative vehice. Very comfortable, seats fold down very easily and give a nice cargo area. Big enough for a large dog crate. Find some of the controls such as the turn signal/wiper combo to be awkward. Wish the setting buttons for the cruise and audio system were larger and better located. Also have hit the 4x4 button while adjusting the AC. Good size to drive in town, but has also been very dependable in snow. Good power, but not the best mileage in the market. Good visibilty, seating is good for children.

Very Happy

by Mommy from Southern California on February 1, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a car to fit my 2 kids and grandparents and didn't want a minivan. We're very happy with this Explorer. It doesn't have the bells and whistles like the newer version, but it gets us where we want to go, feel very solid when driving, has power to accelerate when I need it and fits everyone just fine. Not a luxurious car, but I love the sportiness of it. When buying a used car, check the alignment of the doors and the body. I learned that after I purchased it - no accidents reported, but the back door wasn't flush like the other side was - it was obviously repaired. Still very happy with the car.

so far so good.

by Daniel from Dhahran on August 18, 2010

fuel economy is not good but it's not a big deal for me because gasoline here in Saudi Arabia is very cheap. riding comfort is excellent especially long trip driving, ac is great.

Great family SUV

by Lovin' my ride from Summerville, SC on October 26, 2010

I had a 1999 Explorer Sport and really liked it. I always wanted the Explorer and finally was able to get it. It rides so smooth and actually gets better gas milage than I thought. I had to buy a bigger vehicle due to becoming a grandmother and needing more room than my car and knew this was the perfect opportunity. This suv drives great. The suspension is so nice and it holds everything my grandson could bring with him including his John Deere tractor. My Explorer is very basic and its only downfall is the mobility of the seats. Very manuel for the 2nd and 3rd rolls. If you were thinking of getting your own Explorer, don't wait any longer. GO FOR IT.

Buying Experience

by Mustang from Flatwoods, KY on January 10, 2013

I was able to locate the vehicles within a 100 mile radius from home that I would consider. After contacting a couple of sellers by email, I settled on a 2010 Explorer -one owner with low mileage and the color I liked and the dealer was located about 60 miles from my home. The salesman was very helpful and not pushy at all. Met him on the following Saturday and test drove the vehicle and subsequently purchased it. Had it not been for the internet, I would have never driven to this dealership just to look on their lot without the pictures and options detailed on their Cars.com listing.

All in all, GREAT 4x4 SUV!

by golfguyyyy from New Hampshire on December 16, 2016

2010 Explorer XLT 4x4: Sorry others had 'issues' but got mine w/16342 mi., now, 80360... not one problem. Comments like 'bad smell inside (ck the cabin filter for "deceased rodent ;>) maybe?) , leaks, easily seen from under hood-one common one is the thermostat PLASTIC housing, probably gasket where meets top of engine right at hose-easily fixed etc... have them looked at. It is really a simplistic vehicle to diagnose, but again not ONE problem here at 80k. Changed xfer case, rear diff, radiator fluids, and of course oil every 4k. This 5 spd auto is great-some say it 'clunks into gear', sure, IF there is slack when coasting then gas it; not an issue but once a year for me. ~~This is the last model year so most every kink worked out.~~ It's a good, comfortable truck. Good luck.

Most uncomfortable

by Average Joe from Phoenix, AZ on March 8, 2011

I love the Ford explorer except for the headrests. They are tilted way forward and force me to continually bend my neck forward. If I lean the seat back then I have no backrest. I saw afterwards that the internet has many reviewers with the same concern and so far Ford has been of no help.

Does not recommend this car!!

For a 2010 .. still some Modern features.

by Lk from Wellington on May 14, 2018

Great car, four wheel drive, has some bells and whistles that are seen on newer vehicles, I got a great deal, super low miles. Fun to drive. I miss the V8 that I had in a similar Mercury Mountaineer, the v6 not as powerful but still gets the job done.

Love my big wheels!

by Melissa E from Delavan, WI on April 7, 2017

I traded in a well-loved Chevy Cobalt for a Ford Explorer and the expansion has been a welcome relief. The only adjustment is the change in gas mileage, but that is to be expected going from a small, two-door coupe to a full-size SUV.

1 2 3 4