2012 Ford Explorer

OK ride but didn't buy

by from St Louis, MO on September 18, 2017

It had the roominess that we needed but ride wasn't as smooth as we wanted and the price was a little high for the mileage and age of this vehicle
Not Rated Reliability

Great for family - vacation and every day

by from Ruston, LA on September 17, 2017

This car has been great as a family car for vacations (5 people - two of the kids are teenagers), and it is the right size for every day driving!

Great car!

by from Rochester, MN on September 10, 2017

It's a great car all around! Seriously, best comfort, size, power, and style! Beautiful inside and out! Ford did a great job on this line of vehicles.

Just an amazing car

by from Rochester, MN on August 30, 2017

This car is just amazing. I have had it for a while now and can tell you exactly what it is and what it isn't. It's a monster in terms of power and reliability when you need it, yet it is still your everyday car for short and long commutes, best comfort and space inside, great looks aesthetically inside and outside! It's very stylish, I love its lights, design, and the way it handles itself. It is a piece of art indeed. Best car I have every had yet.

Better than expected.

by from Kentucky on August 16, 2017

The ford explorer should be considered a luxury car. Besides the immense amount of space you have, there are many safety features and options to help you along the road. Bluetooth connect for phone is a literal lifesaver when your hands need to be on the wheel instead of a phone. I've had explorers before, but none with the get up and go attitude of the new models.

Best test drive yet!

by on August 10, 2017

I've been searching to change from a sedan to an SUV. I have tried every style, make & model out there & by far the Ford Explorer was my favorite! It is such a nice looking car on the outside & basic (how I like it) on the inside! Super easy to figure out! They can be kind of pricey though..
Not Rated Reliability

looks cool, but inside build quality isn't there.

by from Rhode Island on August 2, 2017

Its practical, lots of room, 3 rows. The interior layout is nice, large buttons and right away you know what is what. However the quality of the interior is not good, scratchy plastics and wiggly buttons. The driving experience is not what this car was meant for. Throttle response is bad, you have to push the peddle about 30% until you get any response. The terrain management system is more of a gimmick than it is helpful. Around 100,00 miles the air conditioning broke and ended up making the car stop on the side of the road on the hottest days of the year. But in the end you can expect great practicality and styling but falls short on interior quality and driving experience.

Amazing Optional Bells and Whistles + Safety

by from Hudson, Ohio on July 21, 2017

I purchased this car used in early 2014 after being involved in a serious car accident in a snow storm. I did a ton of research in an effort to buy the safest vehicle in my price range that met my other specifications. I test drove many cars before choosing this one and have been 100% satisfied with my decision. It is a heavy car that makes me and my children feel safe, yet still has the luxuries of a sleeker vehicle. Not to mention American made! Absolutely love this car!!

LTD Explorer

by from Carmichael, Ca. on July 12, 2017

Very comfortable and dependable car. Nice styling inside and out. Very roomy. Best vehicle we have owned over last three cars. Kia Sorrento, Nissan Pathfinder, and Chrysler Aspen.

Roomy and Comfortable

by on July 3, 2017

I LOVE my Ford Explorer. It had so much room and is SO comfortable. This vehicle handles so good and is SO fun to drive with no blind spots.

Our Expert Review: 2012 Ford Explorer