2012 Ford Explorer consumer reviews

side view of 2012 Explorer Ford
Explore the 2012 Explorer Ford
Shop the 2012 Explorer Ford

Most reliable car I know . Great for family

Meets all my needs. I love this car,has a lot space !! We are a family of 5!! Cheap on gas. Easy to drive this is my best car I have on my whole life

4.0

Does what it needs to do

This car is great if you're moving a lot of people or cargo. It's a great towing machine (I towed campers and boats with it, never had a problem) and comfortably seats 7. It may not be as "manly" looking as a huge pickup, but it's a practical choice. If you're looking for a affordable car to put your whole family while towing the boat to the lake, this is the one for you.

My first ‘used’ car purchase

I always buy new cars but this was for a third vehicle and my budget was limited. This car had great features and looks and runs like new. It’s roomy, has 7 seats for grandchildren, and feels very solid

3.9

Mechanical piece of junk 2012 ford explorer LTD

On my 3rd air conditioner. Second set of rear wheel bearings due to rear brakes not releasing properly, rear low pressure air conditioner line coroded and repaired, hot air on passenger side(replaced actuator), rear bushings wore out and cost me a set of tires $1500.00(20inch),underside of front hood is coroded badly,squeaking in rear suspension really annoying.Enough said.

I love my explorer

Love the interior, touch screen, voice commands, leg room, power seats. I have 3 kids who are getting big very fast. The room in this car makes it nice. Especially when they have friends over. They all fit comfortably.

4.0

The most valuable car I drove

This car met all my needs it has plenty of legs and head room and was comfortable in both front and back the air work good in the back

Well Kept Ford Explorer Loaded!

This car met all of my needs. The kids in the back watched movies and I was able to get additional people in the 3rd row seats. It holds a ton of things and drives great in the snow!

One of the best chameleon performance driven SUV

This SUV is very adaptable to almost every need a family could need from the interior to the 4x4 system in the vehicle. Reliability has been great. I have driven the vehicle through mountain pass snow, flooding waters, hot heat and have not had any trouble. It is my wife's everyday driver and she enjoys it thoroughly.

It a very good car.

It is the best car I've used so fat. That why I crown it the, It's best car at it own best. I love it fuel economy.

4.3

New to us

My initial reaction after owning it for a week is that the 2012 explorer is a drivers' car. It is a comfortable ride, but you do feel the road. The seating is comfortable and roomy in the first two row. Third row seating is not for big people. The second row seats 3 if the middle person is a small child. The electronics take a while to get set, but seem good once you figure out how to use them all.