Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 Explorer Sport Trac

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Have You Driven the 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac?

Just the right size with the right power

by Sam from Houston, TX on Wed Jan 02 2008

I traded a larger Ford truck for a 2008 Sport Trac Limited 2WD V8. I could not be more happy. What a joy to drive. Parks so easily, almost like a compact car. Very zippy with the small V8 and around 19 mpg average so far. The SYNC option is very handy. This truck has so many features it is hard to list them all. The 6 speed auto is very smooth and the way the truck steers and handles is exceptional. Overall, the right truck for me at the right time. If I had it to do all over again, I would buy exactly what I have. No regrets on this one.

Great Truck/SUV Combination

by Sport Trac Owner from Raleigh, NC on Wed Feb 02 2011

I have owned a 2006 Nissan Frontier and now a 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac, and I would definitely say that I prefer the Sport Trac. This truck is very comfortable for the entire family and it has the ability to off-road, haul, and transport most of what I need it to in its bed. While its bed is a foot shorter than the Frontier and other mid-size pickups, it more than makes up for it in handling and overall comfort. It also has a very smooth ride and is a great truck! I highly recommend and am sad to see that it is being discontinued for now.

"Right size with the right power" X 2

by BRay from Dallas, Tx on Thu Apr 30 2009

I bought a silver Adrenalin and it's perfect for me. Crew Cab, not too big, not too small, good power (v8) and EXCLUSIVE. I don't need to tow a million pounds and I'm not an offroader. It having a v8 and being able to fit in my garage with my Mustang was a big selling point. People don't tend to understand the logic of the Sport Trac and that's fine but, those that buy them tend to love them. They tend to be at the same or higher price point as some F150s but the features make them worth it.

Quiet, Smooth, and a Handsome truck

by Lotechguy, from Arkansas on Fri Feb 03 2017

I only drive a pickup a couple thousand miles a year but I wanted one that was fun to drive and comfortable. I could not justify 35K for a new Colorado or Ridgeline so I researched midsized used trucks. Consumers rated the Sport Trac very highly. I liked the appearance of a one-owner 2007 with 79K that was exceptionally clean and after a test drive, I bought it. The truck is roomy, quiet, smooth, tight, comfortable and the 6 cylinders deliver an average mileage of 19 MPG. My only regret is that the dealer put new A/W tires on and they are noisy. The truck is reasonably quiet, however, even with the noisy tires. Ford should bring the Sport Trac back. They do plan to start selling the Ranger (similar to the Sport Trac) in 2018 or 9. If you are in the market for a really neat midsize truck, and not fond of spending big bucks for a new one, you should consider checking out a Sport Trac.

The best truck/car I know

by Iloveit from Georgia on Wed Apr 13 2011

I've had 2 of these types of truck and the comfort ang extended bed is the absolute best, I would recommend to anyone

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

LOVE it!

by Doglady from Mississippi on Sun Jul 06 2014

In 2009 I bought a new 2008 Sport Trac. I LOVE this truck. I'm a lady in my early 50's and I've owned LOTS of vehicles and this is one of my top favorites. Rides, handles and parks very well. Gas mileage could be a little better but, hey, it IS a truck! It tells you if you have a low tire, your door is ajar and a whole bunch of other stuff. I will have this vehicle as long as it will hold up if that's 20 years from now!

A Blast To Drive

by Truck Trader from Pakersburg, WV on Wed Sep 07 2011

I bought my Sport Trac a couple weeks ago. An '08 with 30k miles on it and it great condition. I really like how it handles and the power & love the Sync system. My teenage son (who has his driving permit) always wants to drive it and pouts when we take one of the other vehicles.

I love my Sport Trac!

by Tamjam from Mississippi on Sat Sep 22 2012

I am a mid forties female. You name it, I've owned it, sports cars, luxury cars, sedans and trucks but my Sport Trac is my favorite of all! I bought it new in 2008 and have not regretted one minute of it. Rides good with roomy interior. When I need to throw something in back, I can! It's a great girl truck! Love, love, love it. I can't believe they stopped making them.

Mid size truck, big size heart!

by Sport Trac Owner from Missouri on Wed Dec 19 2012

This is my second truck. Great handling. Plenty of power and snappy horsepower. Very nice interior. Would buy another when the time comes.

Sports Trac

by Texas Twister from Lubbock Texas on Tue May 14 2013

Im driving my 2nd Sports trac. I Loved both I would have traded last year, But no Sports Trac. Cause F150 is too big and bundlesome . to even get in My Garage. Much Less Park at the mail. I've had no problems what so ever. I'd Buy another tomorrow I f one was aviailable Guess I,ll have to Look elsewhere.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Editor's note: This review was written in September 2006 about the Limited 4x4 V-8 version of the 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what details are different this year, check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

There's much to like about the redesigned Explorer Sport Trac SUV/pickup. It's larger than its predecessor yet surprisingly maneuverable in tight spaces. It's also available with V-8 power for the first time, and these models get gas mileage that's as good as or better than the previous-generation V-6 Sport Trac.

Despite these qualities, I'm a bit baffled by vehicles like the Sport Trac. I understand the appeal of... Read More