1997 Ford F 150

All Reviews

by from Casey, Illinois on May 28, 2009

Bought this truck 6 years ago ,had 160000 mile on it. It now have 312765 miles,5.7 motor,runs great,but had to 3 sets of breakes on it.I have hauled everything from 100 sheets of plywood to gravel runs great use no oil hit a deer insurance totaled bought it back looking for grill ,bumper,header panel,and lights and see how far it will go or find one just as good. Keep up the good quality

by from kansas city mo. on May 30, 2013

I'll tell you,Matt & Red @ All American Dealership was the best experience I've ever had.. I bought a 1997 F-150 from them.What a jewel!!!,I would not be concerned about driving on long hauls.Thanks guys.

by from Fowler, CO on December 6, 2015

I bought my 1997 Ford F150 in 1999. It has been my daily driver ever since. I have put 250,000 miles on the motor and it still runs like the day I brought it home. It's comfortable, and been reliable since purchase. After 18 years of moving the only real problem I have had is the paint is beginning to fade and wear. I will keep this truck til it retires itself.

by from Westfield, New Jersey on July 9, 2006

This truck was a factory order. It has been a solid, basicly rattle and squeek free vehicle. Paint and interior look original and has been easy to maintain. There have been a few recalls that have been addressed by Ford and corrected. The only failure of the vehicle was a broken rear leaf spring, front end suspension has been trouble free. The truck has been used as an every day driver, towing of a boat and light commercial use. In 53 years of vehicle ownership, this vehicle was the best. AM EXPECTING TO USE IT FOR ANOTHER TEN YEARS.

by from Palo Alto on June 7, 2014

Purchased private, 98XLT 4x4, 4,6 Triton V8. NO worries at all, treat the Ford as it deserves..and should..with quality-oil, filters and you-name-it, never rev the engine before it's warm..and you'll never have problems with this super-reliable truck. Next time I'll probably go for a diesel-truck,..and a Ford again ofcourse !

by from Oak Cliff on March 15, 2007

this car has been good to my family for more than a decade i bought it brand new i still have less than a 100,000 miles on it and we've gone to my hometown in mexico every year and it has never let my family down all through the 20 hrs non stop to mexico.

by from Malakoff, TX on October 9, 2017

I bought this truck in August 2016 with 313,264 miles on her, until a kid hit me last week she ran like she was almost brand new. Only had minor problems that would need fixed on a 20 year old truck fixed. She was far more dependable than ANY other vehicle I've owned. Had she not been totaled I would drive her til the end. She had 340,474 miles at her time of death, and was still the best ride ever! Very dependable, comfortable, and worth any dime spent!

by from Knoxville, TN on July 4, 2017

I owned this truck from 2003-2017. Over 14 years I had to replace a number of odd ball parts. This includes a few PVC valves, tons of spark plugs, plug wires, headlight switch, passenger door lock switch, passenger window motor, under dash computer system, reverse switch on the transmission, radiator, clutch, brake calipers, and a blinker switch. This does not include normal things like brakes, tires, etc.. it had 180K miles when I sold it. I loved the truck overall. Took me across the country a few times and rarely left me on the side of the road. Being a popular model I was always able to find cheap parts. I had to sell as things just kept breaking.. and besides a commuter car I used the truck to go way out in the national forests, so I needed reliability.

by from Greenwood, SC on May 3, 2017

Very good even at 21 years old this vehicle runs and drives as good as when it was new. Very little maintenance over years.

by from searcy,ar on August 18, 2011

brand new parts are many...a/c compressor,water pump,radiator,starter,manifold,brakes, lots more... I started upgrading and restoring two years ago after my son drove for a year. i have owned since 2004. it has been pampered and well maintained. I would not hesitate to drive cross country in it.

Our Expert Review: 1997 Ford F 150