2004 F-150

2004 Ford F-150

2004 Ford F-150

4.4

Have You Driven the 2004 Ford F-150?

'04 f150

by coolie from orange county, ny on Mon Feb 27 2012

I just acquired a 2004 f150 lariat supercrew. I love it so far. THe styling, the comfort. Performance wise it leaves something to be desired. Not the fastest or most powerful thing on the road but I bought a truck not a race car. I love it and would highly recommend it.

Beautiful and hard working.

by Liz! from Canada on Fri Aug 20 2010

I bought a black F150 FX4 5.4L V8, used, with 60,000km on it in 2007. It was used as my daily driver to and from work, as well as towing quads and cars/trailers. It's a beautiful truck inside and out, and it drives as solid as it looks. The transmission needed replacing at 98,000km, and I paid for a used one for 1300$ (incl. installation!). That was the only issue I ever had with the vehicle for the almost 3 years I owned it. You get a very safe feeling driving it, and it handled wonderfully in snow (even without snow tires), mud, and around the city. It's engine was more than responsive, allowing passing and tight merges with ease. I won't lie, it hurts the wallet at the pumps, here in Calgary where gas prices are currently around 1$ a litre, it is about 120$+ to fill the tank, and it gets about 13mpg. But if you want the fuel mileage of a SmartCar, you wouldn't be purchasing a truck. I just sold the truck for an Expedition (growing family), and get teary thinking about my truck. It's a wonderful vehicle and I would recommend it to anyone.

No other truck can compare.

by JV 2013 from USA on Thu Jul 21 2011

Before this truck I had a p.o.s chevy and the power and reliability of the ford F-150 is in its own catagory because you can't really compare this truck to any others because its reliability and quality surpases all of its competitors.

Great Truck

by GTS from Abilene, TX on Sun Apr 12 2015

I have owed my 2004 SuperCrew Lariat 2WD for 8 years and have put 110K on it. I love the exterior design and the interior design. I bought it used it routinely gets 15.9 MPG city/hwy driving. It handles great, ride it very smooth and comfortable, it has the 5.4 engine with plenty of power, no problem towing. The only BIG complaint I have is the window regulators (motor) go out. All 4 have gone out at a cost of approx. $300 a piece. That's $1200 in repairs just on windows. It is the only reason I cannot give it 5 stars on reliability. Otherwise this is one great truck and would recommend it to anyone and I will buy another F150.

BEST TRUCK I'VE EVER OWNED!!

by PK from Northern Illinois on Mon Apr 30 2018

I drove this truck for nearly 15 years.... Drove it off of the lot with 15 miles, and currently have 214K. Runs as good as the day I bought it!

Got my F150

by Chewy1773 from CT on Wed Mar 06 2013

Good truck. Love the color and options. Had some inital problems but thankfully I bought the factory extended warranty from a dealer here. After this I would never buy online without getting an extended.

My Take

by SEAHAWKRIC from Fairbanks, AK on Sat Nov 01 2008

I love this truck and I wouldn't give it up for anything. I still get comments about how cool it looks inside and out, even after almost 5yrs. This baby came loaded with everything and I got it for just a few hundred over dealer cost in Alaska. I did have a problem with the brakes a year after purchase, but the dealer fixed that problem quickly. It is a little jumpy without a load on our Alaska roads and I have yet to tow anything with it, but I am completely satisfied with this truck.

Handled As Expected

by shorty208 from Tarpon Springs on Tue Aug 07 2018

Not What I need now , would like something a little newer ,will keep looking , thinking of trading from an Econoline to an Extended cab F150

F150 lariat

by Land rover guy from Pawley's island,SC on Wed Oct 03 2012

From 2004. There is not another truck that can compare to the lariat or king ranch features. I've had all the big 3 no comparison in ride comfort and reliability than the f150. do yourself a favor and drive one you will see. The interior is not even close in a Chevrolet or dodge. Have had 3. Looking for newer.

Great truck

by 2004 F150 4.6 XLT from Tallahassee, FL on Sat Oct 06 2012

I have owned my, 2004 F150 since 2006. When purchased it had 60,000miles; now it has over 140000miles. This truck rides like a luxuary car. I have the 60/40 front seat cloth int. and it is very comfortable. I have loved owning this truck, it has the smaller v-8 4.6L it is a higher RPM engine however even though the two valve is a little low on hp it makes up for thaton longer trips with better hwy mpg over Ford 5.4. I have hauled over 7000lbs repeatedly with no issues. The front brakes could be a little better. The rotors are made together with the front bearings on the two wheel drive trucks and they are so thin that you can't get more than one good service out of them. I have only superchip programmer and the 'gotts' air intake mod on my truck. I run it pretty hard and do all the services my self. Full synthetic oil, engine and transmission. This has been one of the best trucks I have ever owned. I would highly recommend this truck to anyone looking for a great full size truck.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2004 Ford F-150

The automotive industry trade papers are awash with stories of cost-cutting and platform and parts sharing by manufacturers — Ford Motor Co. among them — who are desperate to prop up their bottom line during troubled economic times. A recent key example of what you might call a "worst practice" was the parallel development of the new-generation 2003 Ford Expedition full-size sport utility vehicle and the 2004 Ford F-150 full-size pickup truck, the latter of which has begun production and will hit dealerships in August. Never again will vehicles as similar as these two undergo as separate a development process as they did. But what's done is done, and what's been done with the... Read More