2011 F-150

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

"Sweet Truck!" - heard often

by summerhum from mpls on October 25, 2011

I bought the 2011 F-150 crew cab XLT in race red with silver accent and the chrome & towing package about 4 months ago and have put about 6k miles on it now. I love this truck. I get almost as many compliments on this as I did my 2006 Dodge Daytona Charger in TorRed. The 5.0 V8 has rip-snorting power whether going from 0-60, or jumping to "passing speeds", or when pulling my 5,500lb camper. I have been very impressed. I love that my seats have a wrap-around support for my lovehandles, and I love the Sync when dialing up my favorite playlist or phoning home. I also love that there is so much leg room in the back seats, my 6'3" cousin sat very comfortably back there. Finally, I am very satisfied in that I am averaging 18 mpg and top out around 21 mpg for highway trips, (in a truck!). I plan to keep this rig for a long time.

Best new truck available

by Truck Man from Murfreesboro, TN on May 13, 2011

Traded a 2004 for this new 2011. Went from the 4.6L V8 to the 3.7L V6. The 3.7 has better pick-up, fuel economy, and overall a better ride. 20.4 mpg first 1000 miles.

Impressive

by Daily Driver from Loveland, CO on September 26, 2011

After driving a few 2009's and 2010's I was ok with the thought of getting an F150 with a 5.4L. After test driving a 2011 with the 5.0L, I had to have this truck. The power this new 5.0L showes is at the very least impressive to me. And for the power it showes I was also impressed with the gas mileage. The comfort and ease of driving this truck make it a total pleasure to drive.

Devil is the detail

by Hiway from Grapevine, TX on February 2, 2012

End of year discounts made this truck what it should cost. Had a 93 regular cab toyota truck (before they came up with tacoma label) that finally died. Debated a lot of vehicles to fill the gap and was torn between a smaller suv and a mid size pickup. Liked the F-150, but due to size was a bit shy of it and thought the price initially shopping was way out of my league. When they had serious rebates and incentives at end of year I was about to pull the trigger on a double cab tacoma 4 cyl, but the price of the F-150 super cab was the same, so it was a no brainer. I still don't understand why toyota's gas mileage isn't all that great compared to a truck the size of the F-150 either. I think Ford has done a lot to increase their efficiency and really like the power of the V-6 when needed, but if you are kind to it you can get pretty good gas mileage given the size. Anyway onto the F-150... Got the crew cab XLT, with chrome package since I liked the grill and the price was in my range. I wish I would have examined the wheels a bit closer to notice the "chrome" wheels really are just caps on top of the wheel, which seems cheap to me. I know that seems minor, but given the price increase for this chrome package it seems cheesy. Pretty happy with the cloth interior and features. The layout is real nice and the seats are very comfortable. The truck drives really nice and doesn't feel as big as I thought it would after driving the smaller standard cab toyota for over a decade. Normal prices this truck is high. I came really close to buying the Kia Sportage, but the lack of a bed and questionable towing ability steered me away. With upcoming fuel predictions though the great gas mileage on that vehicle might be a regret for me.

Three f150's

by working trucks from on December 12, 2011

This makes my third f150. I have had a 93 putting 200K miles on and a 03 236k. Each 4 wheel drive and just normal maintance for trucks of this milleage. Oil change every 5k miles, trans and radiator flush each 75k. Plan to replace front hubs at 100k and a exhuast manifold 150k to 200k. Both trucks sold with in two weeks of placing for sale. All three of my trucks I purchased new. The 2011 truck has more power with the new 5.0 engine and better milleage. Was going to purchase a used truck this time but pricing was to close to new! I expect the same service from my 2011 as my others.

Overall very nice, but FX4 shudders a lot

by Pickup Enthusiast from Richardson, TX on July 14, 2011

My new FX4 has a great interior. Lots of room, nice amenities, no wind noise, quiet engine. It's great to drive. However, the rear suspension is very susceptile to vibration and shuddering, even over small imperfections in a concrete road. Try this test: go to the back of the FX4, hit the bumper downward pretty hard with your hand and you'll see the vibration and shudder just from that. Now multiply that vibration by 20 times and that's what you feel when driving the FX4. Try it on a Dodge Ram or Tundra.. no shudder or vibration. Still love my FX4, but I need to find a way to decrease the vibration and shudder.

Ecobeast!!!!

by Matthew's FX4 CREW from Central NJ on March 30, 2013

Bought truck Feb 11 and still am in love. 11 Ecoboost FX-4 6.5 ft bed and 3.73 elect rear. WOW!! So far with nearly 50k on odo and I am sold. Hard miles too, tow 2 horse trailers with equipment no trouble, thru mountains, performs flawlessly. Unloaded NJ to Florida road trips with 2 pass and weeks worth of gear, 19.2 mpg doing 80 with a/c on. Ver comfortable, roomy, lots of features with Luxury pkg. awesome sony sound, sync, navi. More comfortable than my everyday driver, 12 300 3.6 with 8 spd trans, but I love that car too. Still F-150 is my favorite. I have had 5 now, old ones were 5.4 trucks, and they were great, but this is best yet. Great chassis, strong brakes and trans. Handles well for being huge. Good looking ( tho Ram is the sexiest in and out) Ford better overall, esp if you use it how a truck is supposed to be used. Headlamps are weak. No other serious complaints to mind tho. Still solid and rattle free after almost 50k. No warranty issues. Tires and brakes replaced at 45k hard miles. Does not require too much maintaining, tho I replace axle fluids since I take to Island Beach State Park. So, as you can see from my review, I love the truck. My families farm has one like mine, with 70k mile used basically for towing and hauling bails of hay, and that truck also has been rock solid trouble free.

Uses car for Towing

awesome truck!!

by Mark truck from Illinois on August 30, 2011

i just bought a 2011 XLT. First truck and first Ford ever! SSimply amazing! Comfort, style, performance, and reliabilty are all amazing!

Drive one! 2011 Edition

by 214fordguy from Dallas Texas on October 17, 2011

I named my review "2011 edition" because I bought a 2010 F-150 last year and reviewed it on cars.com as well. Unfortunately I had to get rid of my 2010 because of the current job that I had was cutting my hours so I had to sell it. I have a much better job now and purchased a 2011 Supercrew XLT Texas Edition on October 15th. I know it has just been a few days but I am already in love with something that weighs over 5,000lbs and I cannot be happier! I has a little over 100 miles now and I make any excuse to go out and drive it. I have had a few F-150's and keep buying them because no other truck comes close to how these trucks ride. They feel like riding on a cloud! I did buy the 3.7 V6 because of the rising fuel prices. I have to say its no power house but like the old 4.6 motor, it gets the job done. Horsepower is good and gets you moving about 4.000rpms and like some other people have said they do let it scream to 7000rpm redline before it shifts if you punch it. (I punched one that i didnt buy lol) I wouldn't hook a 7,000lb trailer to it but it seems like it would tow a small boat or a camper just fine. The ride on the road does not feel like a truck it feels so refined and does not feel like a 5,000+ vehicle. If you are looking for the best and want to surpass the rest, look no further than the F-150.

Impressed by the Ecoboost!

by Bdoug7 from Lugoff, Sc on November 10, 2011

Just purchased an F-150 4x4 lariat, 22.5 mpg on the highway and 18.5 in the city. Very satisfied with the interior design and over all quality of the truck.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18