2011 F-150

2011 Ford F-150

2011 Ford F-150

4.5

Have You Driven the 2011 Ford F-150?

Best new truck available

by Truck Man from Murfreesboro, TN on Fri May 13 2011

Traded a 2004 for this new 2011. Went from the 4.6L V8 to the 3.7L V6. The 3.7 has better pick-up, fuel economy, and overall a better ride. 20.4 mpg first 1000 miles.

Impressive

by Daily Driver from Loveland, CO on Mon Sep 26 2011

After driving a few 2009's and 2010's I was ok with the thought of getting an F150 with a 5.4L. After test driving a 2011 with the 5.0L, I had to have this truck. The power this new 5.0L showes is at the very least impressive to me. And for the power it showes I was also impressed with the gas mileage. The comfort and ease of driving this truck make it a total pleasure to drive.

Devil is the detail

by Hiway from Grapevine, TX on Thu Feb 02 2012

End of year discounts made this truck what it should cost. Had a 93 regular cab toyota truck (before they came up with tacoma label) that finally died. Debated a lot of vehicles to fill the gap and was torn between a smaller suv and a mid size pickup. Liked the F-150, but due to size was a bit shy of it and thought the price initially shopping was way out of my league. When they had serious rebates and incentives at end of year I was about to pull the trigger on a double cab tacoma 4 cyl, but the price of the F-150 super cab was the same, so it was a no brainer. I still don't understand why toyota's gas mileage isn't all that great compared to a truck the size of the F-150 either. I think Ford has done a lot to increase their efficiency and really like the power of the V-6 when needed, but if you are kind to it you can get pretty good gas mileage given the size. Anyway onto the F-150... Got the crew cab XLT, with chrome package since I liked the grill and the price was in my range. I wish I would have examined the wheels a bit closer to notice the "chrome" wheels really are just caps on top of the wheel, which seems cheap to me. I know that seems minor, but given the price increase for this chrome package it seems cheesy. Pretty happy with the cloth interior and features. The layout is real nice and the seats are very comfortable. The truck drives really nice and doesn't feel as big as I thought it would after driving the smaller standard cab toyota for over a decade. Normal prices this truck is high. I came really close to buying the Kia Sportage, but the lack of a bed and questionable towing ability steered me away. With upcoming fuel predictions though the great gas mileage on that vehicle might be a regret for me.

Overall very nice, but FX4 shudders a lot

by Pickup Enthusiast from Richardson, TX on Thu Jul 14 2011

My new FX4 has a great interior. Lots of room, nice amenities, no wind noise, quiet engine. It's great to drive. However, the rear suspension is very susceptile to vibration and shuddering, even over small imperfections in a concrete road. Try this test: go to the back of the FX4, hit the bumper downward pretty hard with your hand and you'll see the vibration and shudder just from that. Now multiply that vibration by 20 times and that's what you feel when driving the FX4. Try it on a Dodge Ram or Tundra.. no shudder or vibration. Still love my FX4, but I need to find a way to decrease the vibration and shudder.

Three f150's

by working trucks from on Mon Dec 12 2011

This makes my third f150. I have had a 93 putting 200K miles on and a 03 236k. Each 4 wheel drive and just normal maintance for trucks of this milleage. Oil change every 5k miles, trans and radiator flush each 75k. Plan to replace front hubs at 100k and a exhuast manifold 150k to 200k. Both trucks sold with in two weeks of placing for sale. All three of my trucks I purchased new. The 2011 truck has more power with the new 5.0 engine and better milleage. Was going to purchase a used truck this time but pricing was to close to new! I expect the same service from my 2011 as my others.

Ecobeast!!!!

by Matthew's FX4 CREW from Central NJ on Sat Mar 30 2013

Bought truck Feb 11 and still am in love. 11 Ecoboost FX-4 6.5 ft bed and 3.73 elect rear. WOW!! So far with nearly 50k on odo and I am sold. Hard miles too, tow 2 horse trailers with equipment no trouble, thru mountains, performs flawlessly. Unloaded NJ to Florida road trips with 2 pass and weeks worth of gear, 19.2 mpg doing 80 with a/c on. Ver comfortable, roomy, lots of features with Luxury pkg. awesome sony sound, sync, navi. More comfortable than my everyday driver, 12 300 3.6 with 8 spd trans, but I love that car too. Still F-150 is my favorite. I have had 5 now, old ones were 5.4 trucks, and they were great, but this is best yet. Great chassis, strong brakes and trans. Handles well for being huge. Good looking ( tho Ram is the sexiest in and out) Ford better overall, esp if you use it how a truck is supposed to be used. Headlamps are weak. No other serious complaints to mind tho. Still solid and rattle free after almost 50k. No warranty issues. Tires and brakes replaced at 45k hard miles. Does not require too much maintaining, tho I replace axle fluids since I take to Island Beach State Park. So, as you can see from my review, I love the truck. My families farm has one like mine, with 70k mile used basically for towing and hauling bails of hay, and that truck also has been rock solid trouble free.

Uses car for Towing

awesome truck!!

by Mark truck from Illinois on Tue Aug 30 2011

i just bought a 2011 XLT. First truck and first Ford ever! SSimply amazing! Comfort, style, performance, and reliabilty are all amazing!

Thrilled to have this truck!

by New to Ford F150 from Florida on Tue Feb 10 2015

I went from a 4Runner that I loved to a 2011 F150 ecoboost XLT. This truck gets better mileage, feels roomier, rides smoother and can haul/ tow far more. This truck is so much fun to drive also, throttle is responsive and power feels effortless. I've been getting 18/19 mpg normal driving, 20/22 highway and about 16 mpg towing 23' boat. The crew cab has more room in the back than expected and seats fold up to provide plenty of floor space. My wife thought my tractor was sexy, but I've topped that with this truck.

Impressed by the Ecoboost!

by Bdoug7 from Lugoff, Sc on Thu Nov 10 2011

Just purchased an F-150 4x4 lariat, 22.5 mpg on the highway and 18.5 in the city. Very satisfied with the interior design and over all quality of the truck.

eco boost problems

by tswiss from Highland, IL on Thu May 08 2014

The truck would be great if this didn't happen. On the way home from the dealer, 2 miles away my engine ran out of oil. The dealer kept it for a week to make sure I didn't have any problems, I should have returned it then. I had the dealer put in a new steering column gear in two times in the past 2 1/2 years, the engine has misfired since I bought the truck and the dealers has worked on it several times and it still misfires. This is my last Ford Truck I will ever buy, you can put the eco boost engine in file 13 as far as I am concerned.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19

Our Take on the 2011 Ford F-150

Generally speaking, there are two kinds of people who drive pickup trucks like the 2011 Ford F-150 here in Colorado — ranchers (or farmers) and candidates for statewide political office who need the votes of those ranchers. I'm neither a rancher nor a candidate for political office, but after a week with the 2011 Ford F-150 SuperCrew King Ranch with four-wheel drive, I decided that ranchers and politicians may need to make way for one more kind of pickup truck person: the modern mama.

I may be accessorized with three small children and four-inch platforms instead of belt buckles and boots, but the F-150 is a surprising blend of passenger space, cargo space, convenient luxury and fun that gets... Read More