2012 F-150

2012 Ford F-150

2012 Ford F-150

4.5

Have You Driven the 2012 Ford F-150?

Ford Eco-boost engine seems like a winner!

by Old codger with new technology from Phoeni, AZ on Wed Nov 07 2012

My truck --New 2012 F150 4x4 crew cab with 6.5' bed. Drove first 800 miles in mixed city/highway -- 18.4 MPG. Added an ARE MX canopy (extends height about 4" over cab height), loaded the truck up with moderately heavy load (moving from Seattle to Phoenix) and drove 1600 miles through all weather conditions and a fair amount of winding, mountainous, terrain. Mileage was 21.6 MPG. Only have 2500 miles on truck, so mileage should improve slightly by around 7000 miles. The eco-boost twin turbo has unbelievable low-end torque, so it should be good for towing as well as pretty impressive mileage. Truck is still new, so we'll have to see how things are with the turbo after 150,000 miles. So far, I'm really impressed!! Other things -- Ford Sync is very nice (it can do way more than I've yet figured out, but on the road you just plug in your iPod or phone and go!), and overall driver comfort is very good (I put in several 10 hour driving days on my trip -- and for being 68, still felt great). Yes, there are several really good trucks out there, but for me, this package looks like it's going to be ideal.

Best selling for 34 years for a reason

by Ford Man from Charleston, SC on Fri May 25 2012

I knew I needed a truck after having a small SUV and car that just couldn't do thing a truck does. What I got was an F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4X4 with Eco-Boost. Almost immediately we drove the truck from Montana to South Carolina. The SYNC system is great. I would probably not get the Ford Touch just because of the bugs I have heard it has, but SYNC works just fine. The ride as extremely comfortable. After 10 hours of driving there was no back ache at all. The backseat also has more room than anything else I have ever been in. The MPG is a bit lower than advertized, but I still average 19 from both city/highway. That is still a lot better than the V-8 you would need for the same power. Speaking of power, boy does this truck have it. Towing 6,000 lb car on a flatbed trailer is a cinch. There is no difference in the drive, you step on the gas and surge ahead. There is such authority when driving this with a trailer. It is amazing how much the little things make a difference. The tailgate steps and box side steps make getting into the bed no problem at all. A lot of time instead of putting things over the side of the bed like you have to do with most trucks, I just use the tailgate step and hop on up. Though the flat load floor in the cab means unless my family is going along also, I can put just about anything in the cab. This truck is everything I had hoped for and more. If you get anything else you are just wasting your money.

Never thought I would buy a Ford. Glad I did.

by Truck Fan from Austin, TX on Wed May 30 2012

Bought a 2012 FX2 with every upgrade possible. Truck was still cheaper than my last Tundra, TRD Sport, and it has Nav, Blue Tooth, Camera, Stereo Upgrade, etc. I swore I would never buy an American vehicle then I rode in this. Also everyone on reviews are correct; pay the $1100 extra for the V6 Eco Boost. Was quicker and smoother than the V8 with more towing and torque!!!!

Best pickup availible

by huncher from ontaio on Mon Feb 18 2013

I finally made the leap into the Ford camp and I am happy every time I take my 2012 supercrew 4x4 xtr out for a drive. I got the 353 gears because I wanted a better fuel economy. People who want fuel economy need to stay away from 4x4 373 and 410 ratios. Build quality is excellent with a very pleasing and usefull interior. If you want a mans truck that will work all day then this vehicle is it. Man I love the 3.5 ecoboost. Quiet and power that embarrasses the V8s.

solid truck

by sig from pikesville ,maryland on Sat Feb 09 2013

I JUST GOT A F150 5.0 4X4 ..DRIVES BETTER THAN MY 2010 5.4 WORK TRUCK ,ENGINE IS SMOOTHER AND SUSPENSION MUCH IMPROVED 1400 MILES AND AVERAGES 17MPG MIXED DRIVING W 3.55 REAR RATIO.I would have considered a eco boost but too much money for an option for a v6 ,and usually ordered with other options so is even more.

F150 2012

by Steve A Reno from Marshfield, WI on Tue Feb 07 2012

I recently replaced my 2000 Ford Excursion with a Platinum F150 6 1/2 foot bed. It is so quiet that when I use the remote start when I insert the ingnition key to activate transmission, I thought engine killed. It is that quiet, the incredible Eco Boast V6. I was surprised when I reached 20 mpg during bad winter weather in January. The roads were icy and snow covered. I can't wait until better road conditions and even better mileage. Hats off to Randy Bluhm at V & H Ford and all the support staff. I have dealt with the business since 1978 and keep on going back.

Loving my F140 Crew Cab

by Tahoecat from Lake Elsinore, California on Thu May 02 2013

My Lariat F150 Crew Cab is everything I wanted in a vehicle, its a truck that drives like a car and is bigger than a passenger car with the Crew Cab. The riide is smooth and the handling is better. I couldn't ask for a better car/truck for my needs.

Awesome Vehicle

by Baby Boomer from El Paso, TX on Tue Apr 02 2013

I purchased the F150 Super Crew with a 5.0 engine. Handling is very positive, the ride is smooth, and the interior is surprisingly quiet for a large vehicle. The back seat is cavernous and comfortable, I only wish the sound system had better sound. I'll have to fix that with a sub-woofer. My wife was not too crazy about the truck at first until she drove it. It is now "her truck". Overall, it's an awesome vehicle and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

great truck

by family man from nashville, tn on Sun Aug 18 2013

I absolutely ove the truck. Great room for my kids. Has the power I need and I average about 19 mpg with the 5.0 liter v8 4x2. Sync is the most awesome thing ever. Especially with voice command for Pandora.

Best gas mileage truck I've owned.

by BLUE from Calico Rock Arkansas on Thu Nov 29 2012

Runs like a scaled dog and still gets great gas mileage. I can't believe the performance of the Ecoboost engine.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18

Our Take on the 2012 Ford F-150

Any time a celebrity relationship lasts more than a decade, you wonder how the couple keeps it from getting stale and if there's enough substance underneath for the relationship to continue. Maybe they're not actual celebrities, but the Ford and Harley-Davidson relationship, now in its 12th year, has definitely given birth to some amazing offspring.

Over that time, there have been 10 F-150s and six Super Duty models, with the first F-450 model in 2009. In all, more than 70,000 Harley F-Series packages have been sold since 1999.

With all those years of success behind Ford and Harley, their relationship might be showing signs of conflict. In fact, the newest Ford Harley truck in the lineup might be... Read More