Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2006 F-250

2006 Ford F-250

2006 Ford F-250

4.1

Have You Driven the 2006 Ford F-250?

Great truck... Worth every cent paid..

by HDstroke from Pittsburgh, PA on Wed Apr 13 2011

The 6.0 powerstroke is actually a reliable truck. How many of those that leave a bad review beat the truck, stack chip on chip to the truck, change the oil at 7K plus miles???? No matter what ford, chevy or dodge is going to have issues if you treat it like that. The truck will last but be smart and take care of it. For fuel economy the truck ways more than a honda civic ITS NOT GOING TO GET 30 mpg the trucks way 7,000lbs and more depending on truck. Would buy another one tomorrow hands down...

LOVE MY F-250

by Manda on Tue Jul 25 2017

Bought it when it was 2 years old and 9 years later it still runs like a champ. Just broke 200,000 miles a couple months ago. Don't think I have ever owned a better diesel.

Great all around truck

by William from Dallas Texas on Mon May 22 2017

This truck is excellent for towing and work. It cleans up great for nights on the town and the power to pull anything you put behind it.

It?s an absolute beast!

by B. Scott from West Lafayette Indiana on Sun Jan 28 2018

So far I love it! 2006 Indiana truck that has been through winters. So has some underbody rust, which I anticipated and planned on addressing with a body shop to keep it fresh. Diesel motor is an absolute ferocious beast !!

Plenty of towing power

by NDFan from Illinois on Sun May 13 2018

Plenty of power and even more room in the crew cab. Great MPG for as much as it weighs. All in all very pleased with the truck.

Uses car for Towing

Just hit quarter million miles and no problems

by SurFord from Apple Valley CA on Tue Jun 12 2018

I bought my '06 White 4x4 Lariat one owner with 200,000 on it 2.5 yrs ago. Have all receipts since birth and other than changing tires, filters, brake pads, a couple of hose elbows that's it. I run T6 fresh every 5k. Hope I'm not jinxing myself by bragging here, but can't imagine a better truck out there. I've got 10k in her and if anything ever went south I'd simply buy a reman engine and start again. This year is great looking, can tow anything you got, super comfortable and huge back seat condo right!! 257k on this 6.0 and she runs like new. I'll update this post when I hit 350k :-)

2006 F250 5.4L used farm vehicle.

by MFCobb from Houston, Texas on Tue Jul 03 2018

A handy man special at $3,333 plus the $215 document fee. I bought it as is. Had eleven codes, I got it down to two(evap canister and fuel tank pressure). Replaced plugs, coil packs, tail speed sensor, transmission temperature sensor & tow solenoid, and someone had removed the evap canister and all associated under the spare tire and to the gas tank... and changed the gas tank to a newer one but did not put the pressure sensor or evap canister or solenoid back.... A trip to a pick a part or craigslist part out will solve that for a bill. Someone had cut all the vacuum hoses under the dash behind the glove box AND A/C mode selector switch. I patched all those until I get a replacement harness from pick a part. The dust in the dash was everywhere. I cleaned it up with a keyboard vacuum attachment brush. Bought two new front fenders off of Amazon installed. Bought rear door cable ends off of Amazon to install on a cool Saturday morning ... all in all so far I have $4200 in it. The tires on it are like new so I got that going for me. It needs some body work here and there. It is a work truck so someday when I get a round to it. It looked like the tranny filters or fluid had never been cleaned. Burned some but luckily the filters did their job. It is clean and changed now. I am gonna flush it some cool Saturday morning. It now runs like a top except for the emissions crap. I replaced the factory radio with a Kenwood. All in all not a bad deal, but not for the squeamish. I knew it was a good deal for me because I can work on that stuff. I have one of those Bluetooth code readers... and patience... It will be a good work truck that I will not slowdown for railroad tracks or worry about scratches for. Just an old farm truck headed to the oil field. I have the title in my hand. .

Powerful and Sleek

by TheDieselFan from Maple Valley on Tue Oct 16 2018

I love my F-250. It has the 6.0L diesel that many people say are extremely unreliable. I have to disagree. I have not had any problems with my 6.0L and it has been very reliable for me everyday. For two years this truck was my daily driver. I would not reccomend this because fuel economy is not great for an 8,000 pound truck. The interior is fantastic, heated leather seats, leather wrapped steering wheel and a surprisingly low amount of noise when driving. The suspension is rough but that is to be expected from a huge truck that is designed to tow and be loaded at all times. This engine is not low on power at all. I can slip the tires if I press the throttle too hard on acceleration and the turbo response is almost instantaneous. The exterior is very sleek but an older design that doesn't turn heads like it used to. It is a work horse and should be treated as such.

FORDS F-250 KING RANCH 4WD CRW CAB DIESEL

by internetpeddler from COTTONTOWN TENNESSEE on Wed Mar 12 2014

My wife and I purchased this Ford F-250 at Crencore in Goodletsville, Tn.. The 2006 King Ranch has a 6.0 Diesel engine and for that reason we took out extended warranty but with the truck being over 100,000 miles we bought the most coverage so as not to worry about the majority of engine, drive train etc. I have run into mixed feelings on the 6.0 diesel but the bottom line is don't plan on aftermarket things for the engine because after the EGR the head bolts are the most critical and so when and if you have to do a replacement have the head bolts improved at the same time and save money. Thats it as for problems, Ford mechanic told me keep the oil changed, turbo filter clean and changed and some injector fluid every few tanks at fill up and keep fat tires rotated to keep from feathering and she should run many thousands of miles.. I will add to this review at some point later after owning this beauty I'm gonna call BEAR cause its brown and has the power of a bear after I see how things go for just an average joe who will be doing some traveling in it.. Love the look and feel, sitting up higher , great secure feeling...

Strongest truck I ever owned

by kefolds from Panama City Beach on Sat Jun 30 2012

The biggest problem with the 6.0 is you have to keep the oil changed on time, it doesn't like old and dirty oil. Keep factory programing and maintain ALL the fluids and it will last a long time. The 06 model had a lot of updates to eliminate problems in the engine, such as head gaskets.

1 2 3 4 5