2006 F-250

2006 Ford F-250

2006 Ford F-250

4.1

Have You Driven the 2006 Ford F-250?

LOVE MY F-250

by Manda on Tue Jul 25 2017

Bought it when it was 2 years old and 9 years later it still runs like a champ. Just broke 200,000 miles a couple months ago. Don't think I have ever owned a better diesel.

Great all around truck

by William from Dallas Texas on Mon May 22 2017

This truck is excellent for towing and work. It cleans up great for nights on the town and the power to pull anything you put behind it.

Uses car for Towing

It’s an absolute beast!

by B. Scott from West Lafayette Indiana on Sun Jan 28 2018

So far I love it! 2006 Indiana truck that has been through winters. So has some underbody rust, which I anticipated and planned on addressing with a body shop to keep it fresh. Diesel motor is an absolute ferocious beast !!

Best old truck I've ever had

by Quinndogg from Fort Myers, Florida on Tue Feb 25 2020

This truck runs like a champ, 210,000 miles I've had it 6 months. its way faster than I ever expected. Very exciting engine. I have 6.0 diesel, I wouldn't trade it for anything but double what I paid.

2006 F250 5.4L used farm vehicle.

by MFCobb from Houston, Texas on Tue Jul 03 2018

A handy man special at $3,333 plus the $215 document fee. I bought it as is. Had eleven codes, I got it down to two(evap canister and fuel tank pressure). Replaced plugs, coil packs, tail speed sensor, transmission temperature sensor & tow solenoid, and someone had removed the evap canister and all associated under the spare tire and to the gas tank... and changed the gas tank to a newer one but did not put the pressure sensor or evap canister or solenoid back.... A trip to a pick a part or craigslist part out will solve that for a bill. Someone had cut all the vacuum hoses under the dash behind the glove box AND A/C mode selector switch. I patched all those until I get a replacement harness from pick a part. The dust in the dash was everywhere. I cleaned it up with a keyboard vacuum attachment brush. Bought two new front fenders off of Amazon installed. Bought rear door cable ends off of Amazon to install on a cool Saturday morning ... all in all so far I have $4200 in it. The tires on it are like new so I got that going for me. It needs some body work here and there. It is a work truck so someday when I get a round to it. It looked like the tranny filters or fluid had never been cleaned. Burned some but luckily the filters did their job. It is clean and changed now. I am gonna flush it some cool Saturday morning. It now runs like a top except for the emissions crap. I replaced the factory radio with a Kenwood. All in all not a bad deal, but not for the squeamish. I knew it was a good deal for me because I can work on that stuff. I have one of those Bluetooth code readers... and patience... It will be a good work truck that I will not slowdown for railroad tracks or worry about scratches for. Just an old farm truck headed to the oil field. I have the title in my hand. .

Thing is a power horse.

by DC from Va on Sat Mar 28 2020

I honestly love this truck. Yeah it has its problems but as long as you know what you’re doing you can fix stuff yourself for a lot less than what a mechanic will charge you.

Nice Ride!

by Mi Vida from Berea, OH on Tue Jan 15 2019

Fell in love with it when I took it for a test drive. I knew my name was written all over it! I wasn't going home until I got the process going!

Great truck... Worth every cent paid..

by HDstroke from Pittsburgh, PA on Wed Apr 13 2011

The 6.0 powerstroke is actually a reliable truck. How many of those that leave a bad review beat the truck, stack chip on chip to the truck, change the oil at 7K plus miles???? No matter what ford, chevy or dodge is going to have issues if you treat it like that. The truck will last but be smart and take care of it. For fuel economy the truck ways more than a honda civic ITS NOT GOING TO GET 30 mpg the trucks way 7,000lbs and more depending on truck. Would buy another one tomorrow hands down...

FORDS F-250 KING RANCH 4WD CRW CAB DIESEL

by internetpeddler from COTTONTOWN TENNESSEE on Wed Mar 12 2014

My wife and I purchased this Ford F-250 at Crencore in Goodletsville, Tn.. The 2006 King Ranch has a 6.0 Diesel engine and for that reason we took out extended warranty but with the truck being over 100,000 miles we bought the most coverage so as not to worry about the majority of engine, drive train etc. I have run into mixed feelings on the 6.0 diesel but the bottom line is don't plan on aftermarket things for the engine because after the EGR the head bolts are the most critical and so when and if you have to do a replacement have the head bolts improved at the same time and save money. Thats it as for problems, Ford mechanic told me keep the oil changed, turbo filter clean and changed and some injector fluid every few tanks at fill up and keep fat tires rotated to keep from feathering and she should run many thousands of miles.. I will add to this review at some point later after owning this beauty I'm gonna call BEAR cause its brown and has the power of a bear after I see how things go for just an average joe who will be doing some traveling in it.. Love the look and feel, sitting up higher , great secure feeling...

Strongest truck I ever owned

by kefolds from Panama City Beach on Sat Jun 30 2012

The biggest problem with the 6.0 is you have to keep the oil changed on time, it doesn't like old and dirty oil. Keep factory programing and maintain ALL the fluids and it will last a long time. The 06 model had a lot of updates to eliminate problems in the engine, such as head gaskets.

1 2 3 4 5 6