2008 F-250

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Very pleased

by Fireplug from Colorado on April 8, 2014

I purchased this 2008 F250 Lariat Super Duty March 2014, with 65000 on it. It is my first diesel. My reason for this type of pick up is towing a 5th wheel here in the mountains of Colorado. The fuel mileage is about what you might expect from a powerful engine and a truck that weighs about 8000 lbs., about 11 to 14 mpg in the city and 18 to 23 mpg on the road. However, I didn't buy this for good mileage. I needed a truck that would tow a 11000 lb. 5th wheel plus all my gear up the passes in Colorado, and this truck does it with ease, safety and comfort. If you are in the market for a truck like this, I say, take your time. List everything you can think of that you would want in a heavy duty hauler. Try a few brands out. I don't believe there is really a "perfect" truck, but this Ford F250 Super Duty comes very close. That being said, the only disappointment I have is that it doesn't fit in my garage.

Great people

by Truck dude from lAWRENCEVILLE GEORGIA on April 11, 2011

Well, the first one I bought was about two months ago. These people met me in Rome Georgia, "I live in Atlanta" tHE TRUCK WAS EVERYTHING THEY SAID IT WAS AND IT WAS SUCH A GOOD EXPERIENCE THAT LAST WEEK i BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE!! GREAT JOB

F-250 is the Best

by F-250 Man from Longview, TX on September 8, 2011

There is no other 3/4 Ton 4x4 truck that compares to the Ford F-250 in looks or performance. I wouldn't even consider any other brand.

coolest pu i have ever owned

by new diesel owner from san antonio,tx on July 8, 2011

head turner, sits nice and high stock, great brakes and handling, beautiful interior and dash layout.

My first diesel

by Husqy fisher on April 1, 2018

After test driving all the diesel pick-ups of 2008 that I could afford, my 6.4 Power stroke drove the smoothest, had the best steering, and when towing, I felt like I was driving a caddy. I was slightly hesitant after reading some owners maintenance nightmares, but if you tune it, change the oil/fuel filters and flush all the coolant regularly, it will last.

Uses car for Towing

Great Truck No Complaints.... Yet.....

by sean007 from K- Falls, Oregon on June 20, 2009

I have a 2008 F-250 SD with the 6.4 liter diesel. I like the truck just as much as I have liked any new truck I have owned. This one has great power and decent gas mileage. I drove 175 miles today over the southern oregon cascade mountains (over and back). The truck came home with an average of 18.5 miles per gallon. I drove 65 on the freeways and did around 60 to 65 up and over the pass each way. That is acceptable to me for a truck that size. And my motor is still "new" with only 15,000 miles on it. It drives like a car but rides like a truck of its size. Not uncomfortable at all. Empty you can feel the really rough.. I mean rough road but on reasonable road you wont notice the road. The engine is quiet and once up to speed you will not know your driving a diesel. No lie. my wife and I talked most of the trip and even climbing the pass at 65 we could have a normal conversation at a normal tone. You do hear a slight whine from the turbo's but it is really faint. If you didnt listen for it you might not hear it. If the radio is on very low tuned to talk radio it will drown it out. It has a nice turn radius and is steady on the road. Even on stock tires. Around town doing errands and on short trips the truck gets 14.9 mpg but that is stop and go driving with speeds from 35 to 55. I mean short trips of 6 miles or less on some days (small town). And it is a litte bit louder when cold and doing stop and go driving. But compared to the competition (which I dont mind and would drive if a good deal came along) it is quieter by a long shot. And I have yet to see smoke come out of my mufflers. Even at starting or hard acceleration. So all in all I am satisfied with the purchase and would tell people to drive every one of the competitors and make an informed decision. And if that leads them to a Ford F-250 with the 6.4 diesel... I hope you will have as much fun as I have had with mine.

great truck

by rocketman from Kansas City, MO on December 12, 2010

I bought my 08 f250 EC 4x4 Powerstroke diesel used in Oct 2010. This has been a very good truck. I also have a 97 F250 powerstroke. and the 08 is so much better. Its much quieter, has twice the power, handles great, has a much tighter turning radius, decent ride. I don't like the turbo lag or the fuel mileage, but I will probably add a tuner to fix those issues.

Love my F- 250 lariat diesel 4X4

by Ford Girl from Round hill, KY on September 3, 2012

Had out grown my '97 F-150 (which still is a winner with 235 k under her frame). Was in search of a newer F-250 4X4 Extended cab, long bed, diesel 6.4. I am wanting to pull a gooseneck 3 horse trailer and travel. Plus an all around family/ farm truck. I found mine via Internet and she will last me 10 to 15 years. Have been very happy with the way she handles, feels and responds. In 3 weeks I've put over 3000 miles on her. Our family of 5 is comfortable traveling in her. Being a Lariat the buttons a whistles are great and make the ride even more relaxing. I've pulled bumper pull trailers with her, carrying two horses and I don't even know the trailer and horses are there. Looking forward to getting the gooseneck trailer. Have been impressed with the MPG; combined highway and town getting 17.6 easily. Highway alone 20 mpg. without a trailer. Don't know how this compares to other diesels, Ford or otherwise but I'm happy. This truck is the right match for me. As you search for your match don't get in a hurry, swat the truck buying bug so you don't get bit. Make out your list as to what you need in a truck and don't accept anything less. Research, research, research. When all the pieces fit it's a beautiful thing and you'll feel it. Good luck.

I Love My Truck

by Thunderworm from Dayton, OH on October 12, 2010

I recently purchased a 2008 Southern Comfort conversion F-250. It only had 8500 miles on it. I'm extremely happy with this truck. I only gave it 4 stars on comfort, because it has a 12" lift with 20" rims so it rides like a truck. My last truck was a 2006 H-D edition F-250, all stock, and it rode much better. I have added a Leer Topper, and the extra weight has helped alot with the ride. In every other aspect, I have zero complaints. The truck looks great. I get compliments everywhere I go. The performance is outstanding. And the other upgrades installed by Southern Comfort make this one sweet ride. The engine is the 6.4L turbo diesel. There's a small turbo lag. But once it spins up, it will sit you back in the seat. You'd think you're driving a gas engine. I have an enclosed 6x10 trailer. I routinely load my 800lb motorcycle in it, set the cruise control on 80, and drive 300 miles to see friends. You'd never know the trailer was back there. I routinely get 12 mpg on these trips. The interior is very well appointed, and HUGE. If you've never been inside a crew cab F-250, trust me it's like a limo. Southern Comfort added US Speedo gauges that are sharp. They also upgraded the stereo, and it rocks.

Gas saving Truck

by Ollie from Albuquerque, NM on January 26, 2013

Just bought a 2008 F250 V8 5.4L supercab. It runs great for city driving, its a big difference in gas vs my old 1997 F250 7.4L 460 engine..horrible gas mileage but would haul or tow anything. The new 5.4L does have less power and throttle response but when it comes to gas its a winner in my book.

1 2 3 4 5