2008 F-250

2008 Ford F-250

2008 Ford F-250

Have You Driven the 2008 Ford F-250?

Very pleased

by Fireplug from Colorado on Tue Apr 08 2014

I purchased this 2008 F250 Lariat Super Duty March 2014, with 65000 on it. It is my first diesel. My reason for this type of pick up is towing a 5th wheel here in the mountains of Colorado. The fuel mileage is about what you might expect from a powerful engine and a truck that weighs about 8000 lbs., about 11 to 14 mpg in the city and 18 to 23 mpg on the road. However, I didn't buy this for good mileage. I needed a truck that would tow a 11000 lb. 5th wheel plus all my gear up the passes in Colorado, and this truck does it with ease, safety and comfort. If you are in the market for a truck like this, I say, take your time. List everything you can think of that you would want in a heavy duty hauler. Try a few brands out. I don't believe there is really a "perfect" truck, but this Ford F250 Super Duty comes very close. That being said, the only disappointment I have is that it doesn't fit in my garage.

My first diesel

by Husqy fisher on Sun Apr 01 2018

After test driving all the diesel pick-ups of 2008 that I could afford, my 6.4 Power stroke drove the smoothest, had the best steering, and when towing, I felt like I was driving a caddy. I was slightly hesitant after reading some owners maintenance nightmares, but if you tune it, change the oil/fuel filters and flush all the coolant regularly, it will last.

Gets the job done.

by Rwt from Idaho on Thu Jun 28 2018

I drag trees out of the woods to get 5-7 real cords of wood a year. I haul a 1998 24 foot coachman camp trailer around for one week. We haul an 86 Chaparral ski boat to the Lake. I hunt the mountains of Idaho all fall. If someone needs a pickup we?re there. I have done this every year for a decade. Tires, 2 sets of brakes, shocks, some steering parts is all I have done to it. I don?t think about it, I just use it and smile. Yes the mpg sucks, I get 9 or sometimes 12. Don?t care. The power is there when I need it. I have the v10. Don?t buy this if you want a sissy truck. If you have work to do get it. If you want to be cool get a Chevy. If you haul 24 7, get the Cummins. Honestly the crew cab long box is a sled in mud or snow. With weight in the back it?s fine with the HP, but this thing will get stuck in a sprinkle w/o 4x4. Love the pickup. Roy.

Powerful and comfortable

by Jarot on Thu Nov 30 2017

6.4 can't beat the power. Rides like a caddy. 4wd works extremely well and truck has 175k and never let me down.

Nicest truck I've owned

by AJ from Saratoga, WY on Mon May 22 2017

This truck is everything I've ever wanted in a vehicle. Great value and awesome buying experience! Cars.com is awesome!

Sharp F-250

by stu from jersey from on Mon Apr 24 2017

Just a great looking truck. Runs and drives great. Great to tow with. Over all style is better then you expect in a truck.

Uses car for Towing

Great Truck No Complaints.... Yet.....

by sean007 from K- Falls, Oregon on Sat Jun 20 2009

I have a 2008 F-250 SD with the 6.4 liter diesel. I like the truck just as much as I have liked any new truck I have owned. This one has great power and decent gas mileage. I drove 175 miles today over the southern oregon cascade mountains (over and back). The truck came home with an average of 18.5 miles per gallon. I drove 65 on the freeways and did around 60 to 65 up and over the pass each way. That is acceptable to me for a truck that size. And my motor is still "new" with only 15,000 miles on it. It drives like a car but rides like a truck of its size. Not uncomfortable at all. Empty you can feel the really rough.. I mean rough road but on reasonable road you wont notice the road. The engine is quiet and once up to speed you will not know your driving a diesel. No lie. my wife and I talked most of the trip and even climbing the pass at 65 we could have a normal conversation at a normal tone. You do hear a slight whine from the turbo's but it is really faint. If you didnt listen for it you might not hear it. If the radio is on very low tuned to talk radio it will drown it out. It has a nice turn radius and is steady on the road. Even on stock tires. Around town doing errands and on short trips the truck gets 14.9 mpg but that is stop and go driving with speeds from 35 to 55. I mean short trips of 6 miles or less on some days (small town). And it is a litte bit louder when cold and doing stop and go driving. But compared to the competition (which I dont mind and would drive if a good deal came along) it is quieter by a long shot. And I have yet to see smoke come out of my mufflers. Even at starting or hard acceleration. So all in all I am satisfied with the purchase and would tell people to drive every one of the competitors and make an informed decision. And if that leads them to a Ford F-250 with the 6.4 diesel... I hope you will have as much fun as I have had with mine.

great truck

by rocketman from Kansas City, MO on Sun Dec 12 2010

I bought my 08 f250 EC 4x4 Powerstroke diesel used in Oct 2010. This has been a very good truck. I also have a 97 F250 powerstroke. and the 08 is so much better. Its much quieter, has twice the power, handles great, has a much tighter turning radius, decent ride. I don't like the turbo lag or the fuel mileage, but I will probably add a tuner to fix those issues.

Love my F- 250 lariat diesel 4X4

by Ford Girl from Round hill, KY on Mon Sep 03 2012

Had out grown my '97 F-150 (which still is a winner with 235 k under her frame). Was in search of a newer F-250 4X4 Extended cab, long bed, diesel 6.4. I am wanting to pull a gooseneck 3 horse trailer and travel. Plus an all around family/ farm truck. I found mine via Internet and she will last me 10 to 15 years. Have been very happy with the way she handles, feels and responds. In 3 weeks I've put over 3000 miles on her. Our family of 5 is comfortable traveling in her. Being a Lariat the buttons a whistles are great and make the ride even more relaxing. I've pulled bumper pull trailers with her, carrying two horses and I don't even know the trailer and horses are there. Looking forward to getting the gooseneck trailer. Have been impressed with the MPG; combined highway and town getting 17.6 easily. Highway alone 20 mpg. without a trailer. Don't know how this compares to other diesels, Ford or otherwise but I'm happy. This truck is the right match for me. As you search for your match don't get in a hurry, swat the truck buying bug so you don't get bit. Make out your list as to what you need in a truck and don't accept anything less. Research, research, research. When all the pieces fit it's a beautiful thing and you'll feel it. Good luck.

I Love My Truck

by Thunderworm from Dayton, OH on Tue Oct 12 2010

I recently purchased a 2008 Southern Comfort conversion F-250. It only had 8500 miles on it. I'm extremely happy with this truck. I only gave it 4 stars on comfort, because it has a 12" lift with 20" rims so it rides like a truck. My last truck was a 2006 H-D edition F-250, all stock, and it rode much better. I have added a Leer Topper, and the extra weight has helped alot with the ride. In every other aspect, I have zero complaints. The truck looks great. I get compliments everywhere I go. The performance is outstanding. And the other upgrades installed by Southern Comfort make this one sweet ride. The engine is the 6.4L turbo diesel. There's a small turbo lag. But once it spins up, it will sit you back in the seat. You'd think you're driving a gas engine. I have an enclosed 6x10 trailer. I routinely load my 800lb motorcycle in it, set the cruise control on 80, and drive 300 miles to see friends. You'd never know the trailer was back there. I routinely get 12 mpg on these trips. The interior is very well appointed, and HUGE. If you've never been inside a crew cab F-250, trust me it's like a limo. Southern Comfort added US Speedo gauges that are sharp. They also upgraded the stereo, and it rocks.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2008 Ford F-250

Times are tough for diesel truck owners. New emissions hardware and advanced automatic transmissions have pushed diesel powertrain prices to their highest levels ever. Diesel fuel costs a record $5 a gallon or more in many places ($4.80 a gallon is the national average), making filling up a 35-gallon heavy-duty pickup a $175 wallet shredding experience.

You can't control diesel prices, but you still can manage hardware costs and how your truck burns its valuable fuel, if you're willing to get hands-on.

I recently drove a three-quarter-ton two-wheel-drive 2008 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty with a 350-horsepower, Power Stroke 6.4-liter V-8 diesel (650 pound-feet of torque) and six-speed ZF manual transmission. For... Read More