2012 F-250

4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

Perfect Balance

by Parker from Western North Carolina on November 27, 2013

I have owned a 2012 F-250 Lariat 4x4 crew for exactly 2 months this weekend. I needed something with comfort and reliability for everyday use as well as something stout enough to do some serious towing. I put about 1000 miles per week on my trucks, using them to tow a tool trailer about 10k up and down the east coast during the week, but also need something that's an easy and comfortable daily driver for sales calls or for just running into town for groceries. That's alot to ask from a truck as far as variety, but this truck does it all perfectly well for me. Gets great mileage from the diesel (my last ford did not), looks great, works hard and has an interior that would make an Audi a bit jealous. My ONLY negative comment is the price....it's hard to part with that much cash for just one vehicle. Looked hard at the new Ram 2500, and although I think the Ram would tow maybe even better than my Ford, it was not really a nimble truck to drive in town even though they are about the same size. The Ford felt much lighter on it's feet and like it would make a better multi use vehicle like I was looking for. Hope this review helps.

what a truck!!!!!!!!!

by fussy ole man from charleston, sc on May 23, 2012

after 40+ years of buying various vehicles from chevy suburbans 4x4's to ford wagons, volvos and vw's, this 2012 F-250 lariat crew cab/4x4 diesel is by far one of the best vehicles i have ever owned. Fit and finish are supurb and the ride is great--very quiet ( a ton of sound dampening material) and not squeak or rattle one. It has 400hp, tons of torque and good fuel milage (21-22hwy & 18city) & and 17mpg pulling a 6000lb trailer at 65mph hwy speed all for a truck weighing 350lbs shy of 8000lbs.

Awesome Truck

by Nearjet from Mississippi on March 20, 2012

Great pulling power, smooth, great ride. Excellent fuel mileage 21 hwy, 16.5 city. The only downside are the emissions systems, they are EPA mandated and if anything in the system malfunctions or you run out of DEF fluid the truck will go into limp (restricted to 50mph) mode and eventually idle only. Leave it to the government to take a fantastic truck and ruin it!

I love this Truck !!!!!

by 49ER Trucker from Modesto , Ca on July 30, 2012

I just got back from pulling my 28 ft 5th wheel from central California to Oregon ,what a joy this truck was. It was almost like the 5th wheel wasn't there behind me and before that I pulled my 5th wheel over Sonora Pass hwy 108 in California. If you have ever been over this stretch of hwy that has 17% to 26 % grades at 10,000 ft of elevation you would understand how impressive this truck is......This is one bad truck ! Plus I got great fuel economy to boot ! 2012 F-250 Lariat extended/cab 4x4 diesel 8ft bed

Beautiful! !

by Diesel Rocks!! from on August 22, 2013

This truck is beyond amazing. It is really a true beauty all the way around. I can't even begin to tell you how this has changed my life and outlook on pick up trucks. Power, comfort and the beauty is just awesome. You can use it as a work vehicle and take it to church the next day I love it!!!

Best Pickup Around

by Pete from New Underwood, SD on September 6, 2013

My 2012 F-250 Lariat Crew-cab, 6.7 Diesel is the greatest. The cab rivals my new Camry for quiet, performance is amazing and the ride quality is beyond anything you might expect or even dream of from a large pickup, extremely comfortable. Highway fuel economy is about 10% short of what Consumer Reports indicates (17.5 vs 21), but hey, it's a big outfit and still beats my 2004 Tahoe. I haven't towed anything yet, but doubt I'll be able to tell anything is back there. If you're looking for a pickup to pull a trailer, look no further. This baby is what you want.

Luxurious and rugged

by SLance213 from Dalton on May 16, 2017

My 2012 F250 Lariat is comfortable and very luxurious to drive and be in. It also performs at a high level. I have a 34ft travel trailer and it pulls it like it wasn't there. I previously had an F150 and though it would pull the trailer I was constantly on edge especially around semi-trucks. Now I have no worries and I still ride in style.

Uses car for Towing

Had it for a while....still love it!

by Power stroke from Louisiana on April 28, 2018

I bought my 2012 F250 XLT 4x4 about 4 years ago. I wanted a ram 2500 diesel but it didn’t work out and I ended up with the f250. I’ve oened it now for 4 years and I must say, it’s the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. I pull a 7k lb trailer around daily and a 6k lb camper occasionally and it does it flawlessly. Now with 125k miles on her, she’s still running great with no problems, and hopefully last me at least another 200k miles!

It's a work horse!

by MattB from Atlanta, GA on January 7, 2018

This truck is everything I need so far. Its payload and hauling capacity are really what make the 6.7L worth the money. Don't expect to have every creature comfort on the base models, and don't expect it to ride smooth like a Cadillac. Its a TRUCK!! Use it like a truck and you'll be happy too.

Amazing Truck But BIG!!! Dwarfs my old Heavy Half

by Bruz4023 from Buffalo NY on February 18, 2014

I bought this truck about a month ago. I flew out to long island to pick it up and drove it the 7 hours home. the first two hours of the drive i averaged 23 MPG in the long island NYC traffic. I then really got moving on nice open highways with a little bit of hills and averaged 19 MPG at 70 mph. for and 8,000 LB brick I am thrilled! I do have the 6.7L super cab with the 3.55 with locker. At home it has been COLD (Buffalo NY) and the mpg dropped to around 17.75-18 mpg because it takes so long to warm up and my daily drive is only 30-40 mins. now that it is in the 20's i am getting around 19 mpg. so if fuel economy is a concern than don't worry! If you're disappointed with that get a car! Towing with this is the simplest thing ever. Everything is integrated so you plug a trailer in push the two haul and she goes and stops like there isn't anything back there. My trailer weights haven't been over 5,000 LB mark yet but i am impressed! The interior is incredibly Nice! Leather seat, deep center console, it all looks amazing. Easy to use everything with gloves on! If I had to find a complaint there are a few things. 1) i am 6"1' and when the hood is up i can't reach it from the front! stupid i know but slightly annoying and impressive. 2) the other issue is the sun visors are the cheapest thing i could think to put there. I didn't notice them for about two weeks but they are just cheap plastic. and finally 3) the dura bed liner has these stupid holes that you have to reach through to get to the tie downs in the bed, I got a couple of those screw type carabiners and attached them so i have things hanging out of the holes! if you have the option RINO LINE it! anyways I am one of the most picky people out there and these were so minor i dont even care.

1 2 3 4