2007 Five Hundred

2007 Ford Five Hundred

2007 Ford Five Hundred

Have you driven the 2007 Ford Five Hundred?

Amazing vehicle!

by VaRadarCop from Commonwealth of Virginia on Wed Apr 01 2009

I bought this car used in October 2008. WHen I found it on an obscure dealer's lot, I had to check it out. I'd always seen and read about them but never been in one. From the moment I started to drive it I was hooked. A large car with more room and bigger trunk than any car in North America...AND 30mpg! Volvo architecture makes it the safest car on the road too. Very comfortable, very roomy, excellent layout. It's NOT underpowered either, and the brakes stop on a dime and give 9 cents change. I bought my car fresh from a lease program with 74,000 miles. Not a single problem... only visits to the dealer for a oil change! Now has 90,000 miles and I still find excuses to go places so I can keep driving. Long trips are great with 34mpg on long stretches. Best car I have ever owned (and the newest too). LOVE IT.

I'm in love with my Ford Five Hundred

by Frugal Chick Loves Cars from New Hampshire on Mon Aug 10 2009

First off, I feel bad that I didn't give my wonderful car five stars across the board. But here's why: The power "issue" I've driven mostly 4 cyclinder cars, with the exception of one 8 cylinder before this. I know what it's like to not have power and to have it. The Five Hundred has power, but doesn't give it to you a quickly as a sporty engine, but for averaging 27 MPG I've not about to complain. So she has plenty of power, and while she isn't "zippy," she is fun to drive. Handling: Is very good. It could be better. The ride overall is smooth (I can't wait to try her in the snow, after reading the other reviews!) and she handles anything other than a tight turn like a breeze. On tight turns it's still good handling, just not excellent. 4 out of 5 is fair. The MPGs and the price should be my favorite features, but really, she is just SO COMFORTABLE. I commute 1.5 hours a day and I have mild-to-moderate back pain. My Five Hundred is more comfortable than any of my furniture! I know alot of big guys have said they love this car, but as an average woman, I have to say the slight up-slant at the sides of the seat keep my rear firming in place, while the deceptively straight-looking back supports not only my lower back, but may shoulders as well, which takes pressure off my neck. I LOVE this car! One last comment. I realy like the styling. I think it's classy and distinct. I'm really sad that I won't be able to get another one later on. The Taurus just isn't as sexy. Fortunately with the reliability of Ford 6 cylinder englines, I should be able to stay this happy for a long time to come.

Almost bought a Hyundai!

by love my ford from st. louis, MO on Tue May 20 2008

I sold my gas-guzzler SUV, a Jeep Liberty. Started shopping for a 12K-15K used Kia or Hyundai, something with decent gas mileage, around 25-30 mpg. And then my dad gave me his 2007 Ford Five Hundred. I had never driven his car before, and was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable it was. The car is large, but drives like a European car, like Volvo. It doesn't have the plush ride of a Town Car, and I'm glad of that. I had given up on most American cars, and was looking at the Accord, Altima, Camry, and Sonata. The Ford Five Hundred is the best of the bunch, with more space and comfort and a better price, too. I'm averaging 26 mpg city/highway, and that's pretty impressive, especially when Kia's tiny cars are advertised as getting 26-32 mpg. The Ford has 31K on the odometer and has plenty of power. I plan on driving this car until the wheels fall off.

A pleasant surprise

by Sunfell from Arkansas on Sun Mar 30 2008

I'd been interested in this car for a while, and when I suddenly had to replace my old car, I was fortunate enough to find this one as an 'off-fleet' vehicle. It has a trunk that is incredibly large, and the right hand seats in the front and back fold flat for longer items you might need to haul. While the Five Hundred is rather pedestrian in appearance, its interior is nicely appointed- mine has slate gray leather seats. I especially appreciated the higher 'Command Seating', great sound system, and the electric moon roof. It turned out to be a great winter car- keeping my toes toasty through some freezing weather. I also like the way it sticks to the road in icy conditions, and it handles very nimbly for a large car. The gas mileage is also a pleasant surprise- I get around 23 mpg in city driving, and over 30 on longer trips. This car has been replaced by the revived Taurus line- same car, more 'glitz'.

Five Hundred is a Must Own

by mustangmatt from Holland, MI on Sat Sep 11 2010

Bought my 500 in June of this year and absolutely LOVE IT! I'm 6'8" and 275# and the car is very roomy and extremely comfortable. I love the styling and how smooth the car rides on the road. I'm in my early 30s and this car is perfect for a nice big family car. The huge trunk comes in handy as well, and whenever I open it to show other people they are impressed too. A 10 out of 10 for Ford, my only disapointment is that can't replace it with a new one down the road. A history of excellent reliability will keep this car going down the road for years to come.

A quality vehicle that is under appreciated

by John from Millerton, NY on Sat Nov 24 2007

It?s too bad the new American dream is to place a premium on foreign vehicles while ignoring home built products from the big 3. The Five Hundred is an excellent example of a quality product that has gone largely unnoticed. Ford must share some responsibility as the marketing of the car was poor and the styling quite subdued. Despite the handicap from mother this is an outstanding vehicle. Get beyond the stodgy look and one can?t help but appreciate what is probably the easiest passenger car to enter thanks to its elevated seating position. Rather then fall in the car, you kind of slide in which also makes for easy egress. Once seated you?ll notice excellent all around vison with very few blind spots. If you?re lucky enough to own the Limited model leather based memory seats and automatic climate control are nice additions that enhance the luxury feel of the vehicle. The interior is nicely appointed and includes the mandatory cup holders, fold down seats, front and rear arm rests with built-in storage, map pockets etc. Few if any vehicles in its class can match the spacious interior and generous trunk space. Out on the road is where the Five Hundred really shines. I really enjoy the firm ride provided by the suspension. I always feel in control as the car seems glued to the road and moves through corners with very little body roll. The 203 HP V-6 is a little noisy under moderate to hard acceleration but quickly calms down as it moves into the higher gears. A relatively smooth 6 speed automatic provides decent response when called upon. Despite claims the vehicle is under powered I don?t share the same opinion. The upgraded engine in the rebadged 2008 Taurus adds 60 HP but I?ll take the mileage advantage over getting to the next light a little quicker. I average 24 MPG around town which ain?t bad for a 3,600 lb vehicle. I do have a few gripes, windshield glare off the dash can be very annoying at times. I?d also like to know why a car in this price range doesn?t include an autostick transmission. Well I just haven?t found the perfect car but for the most part I?m quite pleased with this one.

I'm quite surprised!

by Far_2_Tall from Raleigh/Cary, NC on Sun Dec 28 2008

I had been on the hunt for a Crown Victoria for some time. After visiting a dealer in NC that was unable to come to terms on a vehicle I was interested in, I returned to a local dealer and the Five Hundred caught my eye. I was stunned. I am now the happy owner of a 2007 AWD Limited with Nav. I wasn't aware Ford was turning out such a good product. Not a very "eye catching" design, but on the other hand it will not be one that will grow old. It's a very large car on the inside (I am 6'7" and 240# and I fit perfectly) yet it's not a Crown Vic in exterior size. Ingress and egress are effortless due to the higher seat positions. Interior appointments and features are intuitive, are made with quality materials and function just as required. I was a bit apprehensive of the CVT, but it has grown on me for the lack of noise and great return on fuel mileage. All around a fantastic car for the price.

Great Value

by Ski Coach from Ossian, NY on Tue Nov 01 2011

The Ford 500 is a great value, ours is 4 years old with an excellent service record. The AWD makes it a pleasure to drive in snow. With Nokian tires it is unstoppable. The trunk is huge and the car gets 28mpg on road trips. It isn't a sports car but if you want a stong, safe, reliable car for your family, you don't have to look to Europe or Japan, buy a Ford Taurus or 500. Think of it as an affordable, reliable Volvo..

most reliabel car I've owned

by dependeble car enthusiast from on Thu Jun 25 2009

This is an excellent car. It is dependable. It mileage is extremely good. It's styling is unique. You can spot a Five Hundred from afar. It does not have cookie cutter styling like other vehicles.

My Other Son

by Jannyboy from Fords, NJ on Fri Feb 10 2017

Ive owned my ford Five Hundred for about 4 years, and even when i had driven newer cars, with that smooth feel, nothing compares to the hands on fel you have with the ford, a REAL car. Nothing wrong with the new cars on the road, but this car is a smooth beast, great handling, good feels man :)

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2007 Ford Five Hundred

Now in its third year, Ford's Five Hundred offers few changes to address the complaints of its harshest critics, who say it's underpowered and has the visual appeal of a Styrofoam cup. After a week behind the wheel, I think it's really a matter of taste. If you're looking for a sporty, hip full-size car, you should avoid the Five Hundred. If you're in the market for a comfortable, spacious sedan that takes little effort to drive, this might be right up your alley.

Form Follows Function
From fastback rooflines to tall trunks and tiny windows, many cars go to great lengths to look sporty. Unfortunately, a lot of these designs lead to very little headroom, obscured blind spots and cramped backseats.

Not so... Read More