2011 Flex

2011 Ford Flex

2011 Ford Flex

4.5

Have you driven the 2011 Ford Flex?

Best car I ever had

by Ford Guy from Algonquin IL on Mon Mar 14 2011

I have had a lot of cars/trucks etc. I now have a 2010 Ford Flex SEL EcoBoost, and I love it. The feeling I get when I push the pedal, the comfort in the big seats, the quietness of the cabin, and the giggles in the 3rd row where my son and daughter sit, egging me on, go faster daddy. Handling is good, for such a large car, and fuel economy with a 355 HP V6 that runs on Regular is not bad at all. I'm averaging 19 MPG daily and 25 on the highway. The Sync is good, having all my music on a flash drive for instant access just by saying a title is cool. Installing car seats takes just a few minutes, especially in the 3rd row, no need to even get in to install them, just flip the seat back, clip it in tighten it down, and flip it back up. Second row is just as easy, but you need to get in to do them, I have the 40 40 seats, and no console, so they are very easy to install. Ford not only knocked it out of the park, they did it with the bases loaded!

7 Seater Recommendation - Ford Flex Limited

by Atlanta Soccer Mom from Atlanta, GA on Sun Aug 28 2011

Our 2003 Yukon hit 140,000 and started to break down so we started looking for a 7 seater replacement. Couldn't face the stigma of a minivan so considered everything else in the $30-50k range. Reviewed and test drove many vehicles, including the new Yukon, Enclave/Acadia, Mercedes R/M, Lexus GX, Pilot, Highlander Hybrid and others. The Flex was not on our original shortlist and we only tried it because we had a spare hour last Saturday and dropped into the dealership. 2 test drives later and we ordered a fully loaded Limited from a nearby city. Love the car, the drive, 3 spacious rows, and the interior is like a business class aircraft cabin (great gadgets, dual DVD, fridge/freezer).

Best car I have ever bought

by Family car but not a van from Lexington, KY on Fri Jul 08 2011

I could not be happier with any other vehicle than I am with my new Ford Flex. I was looking for a vehicle that had plenty of room for a family but did not want a van. I found it in the Ford Flex. It has more space than I imagined and a very comfortable ride.

Cool Family Hauler

by TXMAMA from Houston on Tue Mar 01 2011

We purchased our new 2011 Limited Flex 4 weeks ago and have not looked back! It is soooo comfy and roomy. Adults can even get in and out of the third row easily. Though sometimes I do miss the sliding doors of our old minivan that is the only thing I miss. Our Flex purrs like a kitten and the turning radius is out of this world! Test drive one if you are in the market for a new family hauler and do not want a full size SUV or a minivan but still want the comforts of one. You will not be disappointed! Mom tested and kid approved! My young boys comment every day how cool moms car is now!:)

Love the Luxury

by Proud Owner from Wilmington, NC on Wed Aug 11 2010

This is a breakthrough for a family with more than two kids. We all fit in comfort and didn't give up on safety or technology. I'm going to love this one for a longgggg time. Thanks Ford!!! Keep it up. Proud to be driving American again!!

AWESOME!

by wrh7787 from louisville,ky on Fri Mar 18 2011

I drive on the average of 70,000 miles a year and driving comfort is very important to me. This vehicle has a great ride and an awesome interior! The car has great handeling and fuel mileage is good and the performance is just as impressive.

ford flex

by broccolt from Long Beach, NY on Sun Aug 07 2011

I leased a FDW Ford Flex SEL 2011. The long wheel based gives it a great ride and the 10 way powered leather seats are very comfortable. The phone integrates with the vehicle seamlessly and the satellite feature is great to have. I've carried 7 people several times with people constantly commenting on how spacious the interior is. The climate control systems for the second and third row works well and draws compliments. I have a 45 minute commute with 3/4 of it on the highway. I typically drive +5mph over the speed limit and use cruise control. I average around 24 MPG which is fantastic for me. I actually look forward to the drive to and from work. The only downside is I'm driving more than I planned and most likely will crush the lease mileage, I guess things could be worse... :-)

Roomy and comfortable

by Dog Lover from Breckenridge, Co on Sat Mar 05 2011

Excellent Value. Very comfortable, mileage better than expected. Lots of features (SEL) and great room for hauling.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Flexing my muscle

by culoaner from Murrieta, CA on Sat Sep 15 2012

I just recently purchased a used 2011 Ford Flex SEL, I have to tell you that I was s little leery to purchase a Ford. I have to say that this is one the most comfortable vehicle I have driven or been in for that matter. It's a very smooth and solid ride. I really enjoy the Microsoft Sync system, It has the best blue tooth for smart phone ever. If you are looking for a great teenage hauler and do not want a minivan, go test drive the Ford Flex.

Love this vehicle!

by Mom from Treasure Coast Florida on Tue Mar 13 2012

We bought this vehicle a a few months ago and have really enjoyed it. The handling is great and the ride is very comfortable. The fold down seats in the third row allow for the dog to get comfortable and extra cargo when needed. One seat can be flat for boxes and the other up for seating if needed. Flipping the seats for tailgate access is fun for the kids. Lots of leg room no matter where one sits, this car is so spacious. My husband is a big guy and it's the first car we've owned that offers him the room he needs. He even enjoys driving now. This car is a great buy for the price. We rarely do highway driving and live in a small community with lots of traffic stops and the gas mileage is 18.3 mpg. If I had any suggestions for Ford it would be to configure the front seat to accommodate a bit more storage.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2011 Ford Flex

To me, the Ford Flex is still the sharpest-looking minivan alternative on the market, but its boxy, ground-hugging appearance isn't for everyone — and the low roofline sacrifices utility.

New this year is a top-of-the-line Titanium version that adds some interesting visual cues without changing the three-row Flex's basic formula. It's visually closer to a Land Rover Range Rover luxury SUV (which costs nearly three times as much as a base Flex) than it is to the SE, SEL and Limited trim levels below it. All-wheel drive is optional on all but the SE, as is Ford's turbocharged EcoBoost V-6, which you can read about in my review of the 2010 EcoBoost Flex. You can also compare the 2010 and 2011 Flex... Read More