2014 Flex

4.7 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.7 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

Comfort, class and tons of space

by Sheez-Beez from Snohomish, WA on January 13, 2014

Recently bought a 2013 Flex Limited and I must say I love it, love it, love it. Comfortable, and with Sync system it nearly sings and dances. I show dogs and needed something with room for dogs and gear for a long weekend and luggage for people. I don't like Minivans look or "stigma" and have been admiring the Flex since it first came out. This car with AWD is just want I needed - has room for all my gear and is comfortable too!! I fee like it has a certain aura of class!!

Best Family Car Ever

by happy owner from Raleigh Area, NC on April 13, 2015

Not as big and guzzling as a Suiburban, or as undesirable as a minivan, but does the job of either w style, comfort and decent fuel efficiency. We have had a Flex for 4yrs and 90K miles... Our is the Limited w captain seats on the second row, and Dual DVDs. We have 5yo twins, and a 13yo girl, and travel from North Carolina to Florida and Tennessee a few time each year. So far we have made at least 20 round trips where each way was over 10hrs of driving... The dual DVD players w head seats is a blessing on these long trip, as little ones can watch a movie while the teenager watches another and we listen to music or talk. The trunk is so well designed that it fits the twin stroller, 2 very large suit cases and a medium one all at the same time without really compromising my rear view - plus there is enough space for more stuff in the plentiful legroom under the middle seats. If you have carseats the space for the legs also becomes useful in the third row. Access to the third row is so easy that we keep the two carseats there on a daily basis. Ours had a fridge bewtwen the second row cap. seats; and it has actually been convenient, but not a real big deal. The driving comfort is like nothing we have ever driven, and we have driven nice top end sedans and SUVs... All seats fold down to creat a huge cargo area, and we have used that feature way more often than expected - almost like having a truck. A tarp ove the folded down seats makes it perfect to move 6 foot long pieces of lumber or a 7' long dinning table with legs still attached. It can also tow a lot, and we do NOT have the bigger engine model.

Three's a Charm

by Flextatic from N.E.Ohio on October 18, 2014

2014 Ford Flex Limited.AWD, EcoBoost,Loaded. This is my 3rd.Flex. No issues with any one of them Great vehicle.Need I say more.

Space and more space

by Tall guy from Atlanta, ga on September 25, 2013

I loved my full size SUV but no longer wanted 13 mpg. The Flex does most of what of what it could do but better. Quiet, smooth and lots of technology.

Overall best car for the money

by Cw from Warwick on May 7, 2017

Love my flex, it's like have an expedition that you don't have to climb in to. The gas mileage makes it overall my favorite Ford vehicle

Perfect Car for Active Families

by Busy Baseball Mom from Temecula, CA on March 31, 2015

When it was time to replace our Honda Accord we knew we needed an SUV to fit our growing boys and all of their sports gear. With two full sized trucks already in the driveway, the last thing we wanted to do was add another gas guzzling, garage hogging large vehicle to the family. The Ford Flex is the perfect blend of sedan-like nimble handling and SUV-like interior space. My SEL has all of the bells and whistles I like such as Ford Sync voice activation and comfy leather seating. The Mineral Gray exterior with the black rims gives my Flex a sporty look that keeps me from feeling like I compromised style for practicality. I honestly wouldn't trade my Flex for anything. We have found the perfect family car.

Best of All Worlds

by Big Dave from Leo, IN on March 31, 2017

Love everything about this car except that the interior which has a raised 4 inch high channel or hump on the floor that is situated right under your feet if you sit with your knees bent at 90 degrees. When I drive long distances (which is very frequently) and use the cruise control, to keep my circulation going I tuck one or the other foot under the seat. This hump was so annoying that I went to a body shop and had the hump removed. Now it is great. I can tuck my feet. The only other interior design feature which is annoying is that the directional does not "click" into an on position. It is a very strange set up. I wish they would use a standard click on set up for the directional controller arm.

Best vehicle I have ever driven

by D Teacher from Houston, Texas on March 10, 2015

For a SUV that's fully loaded it's the best Ford I've driven. I have had nothing but great compliments on great body style, riding comfort and performance.

2014 Non-Ecoboost Fuel Pump Module

by hebIII from Blythewood on October 24, 2017

The Ecoboost version had a recall for this part failing but not any other model. Well my 2014 Ford Flex has the same problem and I have to come out of my pocket for repairs. They need to expand this recall to all models for this part. I'm keeping my receipts and as a long time Ford owner am looking at other automakers for my future needs.

Does not recommend this car!!

Very safe and reliable car

by CAC-DC from Takoma Park, MD on June 26, 2017

I traded in a pickup truck for this car. I wanted something big enough to haul large items but I wanted something more comfortable than a pickup. This fits the bill perfectly, and I even slept in the back on a campout when the tent was too hot and uncomfortable.

1 2 3 4