2003 Focus

2003 Ford Focus

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2003 Ford Focus?

2003 Ford Focus LX with 317K WTF!!!

by copic from Beecher, Il on Tue Jul 20 2010

I bought this car used from my mother with 276K and she used it for work. She traveled back and forth from Chicago to Beecher. Everyday for 5 years. never gave up a fight. although things came apart in side the car like the glove box breaking and falling off. My car has almost 320 thousand miles on it and still going strong. I still cant believe it. I For a car that i only had to pay 500 For its paying for itself and i love how the stereo rattles when you turn up the volume to loud. Lets me know that my car has seen better days. But its a good car i'll drive it into the ground then ill fix it to drive it another 100k.

Great Car for Reasonable price.

by lilkk from Wisconsin on Sun Apr 03 2011

I've owned my 2003 Ford Focus ZX3-5 speed manual since July of 2003. For being a lower priced vehicle I couldn't have asked for a better more reliable vehicle. I've only had two problems over the last, almost, 8 years. The first full summer I owned the vehicle the A/C went out, but was covered under warranty-no hassles. Recently I had to replace the alternator, otherwise besides routine maintenace it has been a fantastic reliable vehicle I couldn't be happier. When I bought the vehicle I was just going to college. The storage in the back of the vehicle is amazing for the size of this vehicle. I am just starting to look for a new vehicle as I would like a SUV/Crossover with 4 wheel drive. The focus handled really well especially for Wisonsin winters.

Great little Runner

by The Raccoon from Fort Wayne, IN on Mon Apr 30 2012

I bought this car to drive back and forth to work and school. So I wasn't out for all the luxury. Its been a reliable little runner to go back and forth. Its a very smooth ride it has the performance I'm not used to in a little four cylinder.

Don't get into an accident with this car

by upset from on Mon Dec 29 2008

I was in an accident and the seatbelt broke and the airbags did not deploy correctly. I smelled the powder but the airbag did not come out. I would not recommend a 2003 ford focus unless they know 150% that they would never get into an accident. (which is impossible).

Does not recommend this car!!

besr ford i've had

by redd focus from lancaster ohio on Sat Jun 16 2012

Bought this 2003 Ford focus z-x5 used with 117 k onit. Now it has 172000 on it . The only thing i have replaced is tires and brakes. Most other cars have tierods ball-joints replaced by now nd I drive on some rough roads in Lancaster ohio.

powerful and mileage

by Kumar from Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia on Wed Dec 16 2009

i have a Ford Focus station wagon 2003 model. i am using this car for more than one year since then i haven't take my car to any workshop for maintenance. great power and mileage, i used to get about 650 kms per tank. i used to change engine oil and filter in every 3000kms. performance is excellent. interiors need to be improved. Overall-excellent.

Resembles a More Expensive Car

by Focus Owner from Central NY on Mon Feb 14 2011

I've had my focus for almost eight years now and it's been great. I like the exterior styling and the room inside. With the 2.3 L engine it moves pretty well. It's not as quiet as I would like inside and I had to have a bit of transmission work done, but the warranty covered that problem.

Great for price.

by Dodd from Riverside , CA on Thu Oct 04 2012

I bought this car in 2004 with only 1,000. It now has 225,000 and 8 years later. The car still run as good as when I drove it off the dealer ship. I've only done regular maintenance. I would buy the car again. The gas mileage averaged about 31 which is not bad for how I drive.

What a great car with great mileage

by Zuke from Madison, WI on Sat Apr 05 2008

I'm at 70,000 with my second Focus, the four-door sedan, and I continue to be very pleased with the gas mileage, comfort, and room. Have had no problems. It handles well on the highway and is easy to park. The sound system is also great. Gas consumption is around 31 per gallon, and I think I could do better if I drove more conservatively.

cheap car

by Mike from Chicago, IL on Mon Apr 07 2008

It is a cheap car, you not gonna pay much but it is also not gonna last you. the engine quickly loses power and accerlates poorly. I also had alot of problems with the tie rods and the axles for not appearant reason. My Blower stopped working cuz water got inside it, I can never imagine how that happened.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2003 Ford Focus

The left front wheel was out of alignment. It shimmied at high speeds. The steering wheel vibrated. We were tempted to return the 2003 Ford Focus SE sedan to the airport Hertz fleet.

But we looked at the odometer. This rental car had been driven 25,000 miles before we picked it up. Later, we checked its vehicle identification number and manufacture date. Judging from that information, the Focus had been in service a bit more than five months. That worked out to an average 5,000 miles per month, which meant the Focus was going to auction.

Good car-rental companies don't keep high-mileage cars. They ship them for resale. Hertz is a good car-rental company. Our high-mileage 2003 car was... Read More