2003 Focus

4.2 out of 5 starsPerformance
4.2 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money

All Reviews

2003 Ford Focus LX with 317K WTF!!!

by copic from Beecher, Il on July 20, 2010

I bought this car used from my mother with 276K and she used it for work. She traveled back and forth from Chicago to Beecher. Everyday for 5 years. never gave up a fight. although things came apart in side the car like the glove box breaking and falling off. My car has almost 320 thousand miles on it and still going strong. I still cant believe it. I For a car that i only had to pay 500 For its paying for itself and i love how the stereo rattles when you turn up the volume to loud. Lets me know that my car has seen better days. But its a good car i'll drive it into the ground then ill fix it to drive it another 100k.

Great Car for Reasonable price.

by lilkk from Wisconsin on April 3, 2011

I've owned my 2003 Ford Focus ZX3-5 speed manual since July of 2003. For being a lower priced vehicle I couldn't have asked for a better more reliable vehicle. I've only had two problems over the last, almost, 8 years. The first full summer I owned the vehicle the A/C went out, but was covered under warranty-no hassles. Recently I had to replace the alternator, otherwise besides routine maintenace it has been a fantastic reliable vehicle I couldn't be happier. When I bought the vehicle I was just going to college. The storage in the back of the vehicle is amazing for the size of this vehicle. I am just starting to look for a new vehicle as I would like a SUV/Crossover with 4 wheel drive. The focus handled really well especially for Wisonsin winters.

I loved my svt focus.

by sidewinder from dallas on May 1, 2010

I had a 2003 svt focus. I really miss it. It was so much fun to drive and handled like dream. It was so much fun to drive on steep winding mountain roads. It got real good gas mileage. I did have a problem with one of the mass air flow sensors going out. Other than that only regular maintence was done. I drove it hard and it never broke down. It has more room in the hatchback with the seats down then it looks. I traded it in but now i wish i would have kept it.

Great little Runner

by The Raccoon from Fort Wayne, IN on April 30, 2012

I bought this car to drive back and forth to work and school. So I wasn't out for all the luxury. Its been a reliable little runner to go back and forth. Its a very smooth ride it has the performance I'm not used to in a little four cylinder.

besr ford i've had

by redd focus from lancaster ohio on June 16, 2012

Bought this 2003 Ford focus z-x5 used with 117 k onit. Now it has 172000 on it . The only thing i have replaced is tires and brakes. Most other cars have tierods ball-joints replaced by now nd I drive on some rough roads in Lancaster ohio.

Don't get into an accident with this car

by upset from on December 29, 2008

I was in an accident and the seatbelt broke and the airbags did not deploy correctly. I smelled the powder but the airbag did not come out. I would not recommend a 2003 ford focus unless they know 150% that they would never get into an accident. (which is impossible).

Does not recommend this car!!

powerful and mileage

by Kumar from Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia on December 16, 2009

i have a Ford Focus station wagon 2003 model. i am using this car for more than one year since then i haven't take my car to any workshop for maintenance. great power and mileage, i used to get about 650 kms per tank. i used to change engine oil and filter in every 3000kms. performance is excellent. interiors need to be improved. Overall-excellent.

Resembles a More Expensive Car

by Focus Owner from Central NY on February 14, 2011

I've had my focus for almost eight years now and it's been great. I like the exterior styling and the room inside. With the 2.3 L engine it moves pretty well. It's not as quiet as I would like inside and I had to have a bit of transmission work done, but the warranty covered that problem.

**IT IS 2008...NO PROBLEMS HERE*

by *Mother of 2* from OHIO on October 12, 2008

I purchased my 2003 Focus brand new. At the time I wasn't looking for anything flashy just something affordable for a single mother and one child to get me from A to B.. I now wish I would have upgraded a bit as there is no CD player, I do not have power anything, and I could use more room. These features would have been useful now that I have married and expanded my family. I have now 63,000 miles on my vehicle and it is going strong. I have not had a single problem with my vehicle as far as engine trouble. I have had the usual upkeep, and I do get my oil changed every 3,000 mile (my husband gets on me if I don't). Over-all I am very happy with my vehicle and just made my last payment last month. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

much better than....

by dinosaurcheese from buffali,ny on November 28, 2011

The cobalt I owned. It's smooth driving and has almost no blind spots. I love the hatchback, and its got pretty good gas milage. I would recommend this car to anyone of any age.

1 2 3 4 5 6