2006 Ford Focus

Good reliable car!

by from Lawrenceburg, IN on August 17, 2017

We purchased the 2006 Ford Focus ZX 4 door sedan new with basic features. It is now 11 years old with around 135,000 miles on it and it is still driving like a dream. With regular oil changes and normal upkeep, this car has been a really great deal for the money. 7 years with no car payment or major repair issues has been a great blessing. I would highly recommend the Ford Focus!

Good, reliable transportation with some fun to boo

by from Frederick, MD on August 11, 2017

I have the 5 speed model. The car is very reliable, gets great mileage and with the 5 speed is fun to drive. Also good utility - massive trunk/hatch area. Has been a good, low cost to own vehicle and I've gotten good value out of it.

This is my first car.

by from Yonkers, NY on July 12, 2017

This is a car that could take you from point a to point B and maybe even see. The exterior designing of the car is average as well as the interior designing.

It was okay

by on July 12, 2017

It wasn't the best car but it got from point A to point B. It's was a nice car to have as a first car. Seems like the more cars they make they get worse.

Inexpensive to operate

by from Michigan on July 6, 2017

I bought this car after I wrecked my 2000 Ranger. It wasn't what I wanted at the time, but it was what I NEEDED. The fuel mileage is incredible! 28-32 mpg driving between 70-65 mph. It has a lot of "pep" and acceleration, and rides smooth over the bumpy roads of Michigan.

great little wagon

by from Redondo Beach on June 28, 2017

great on gas and nice on the highway for long trips it feels and rides like a larger vehicle as well as holding all our travel cargo.

Best Car I've Owned

by from on April 30, 2017

I have had this car for over 10 years now and it is one in a million. No harsh breakdowns, no huge internal issues and gets me from point A to B. So glad I have it.

Decent Basic Transportation

by from Las Vegas, NV on January 20, 2017

I bought this car new in 2006 and have over 120k miles on it now. It's the ZX4 with a manual transmission. The car is zippy and handles well and has been fairly reliable, with just a few small issues. First, the power steering rack started leaking last year. I replaced it myself (not really that hard) for about $200. It also started developing a ticking sound from the intake manifold that turned out be some goofy flaps Ford used in there. I had to replace the entire manifold. Again, the did the work myself, but it was a pain in the but and the manifold cost around $250. Also had to replace the clutch master cylinder a few years ago. Cheap part, easy to fix. However, that has really been the extent of repairs. I've replaced struts, shocks, plugs, changed the transmission oil, regular oil changes, and motor mounts. Car starts and runs great and has good power. It is a little noisy on the highway and the seats could use some lumbar support. But, for my use the car has been great and will probably run for another 100k.

Functional, Not Plush

by from Chicago on February 1, 2016

I have driven a 2006 5 speed manual focus wagon for about 45,000 miles. I find it fun to drive although not zippy and needing to be revved up for quicker starts. The interior is roomy for both hauling and people for this relatively small car. The ride on the highway is somewhat noisy. One perplexing issue with an electrical short in the wiring across the hinge of the upward swinging back door led to mechanics replacing fuses, alternator and battery before identifying deteriorated wire insulation and easily repairing with electrical tape. HVAC controls have been problematic. Now need to replace struts at 90,000 miles. Otherwise a reliable car. With a heavy foot I have gotten about 21-22 around town and 31-33 on the highway. Not plush but functional.

Still Great Transportation in 2014

by from CT on March 15, 2014

Nearing 100,000 miles on it now and it still runs great! One repair of Power Steering Pump in all these years, expect this car to last a good long time into the future. Granted, a large part of having a lasting car is taking good care of it and this I have done. Maybe other owners who have had bad experiences haven't?? Or if they are second-hand owners, the first owner didn't take care of it? I don't know, I may have just lucked out with a great pick regardless of a well maintained car. -Good Gas Mileage -Very Reliable -It's no race car but it still has plenty of pep for passing on the highway, yield sign quick accelerations etc. -Very low running costs from oil changes, insurance, normal wear and tear items, etc. Love my focus, I don't think I'll ever get rid of it.