2011 Focus

2011 Ford Focus

2011 Ford Focus

Have You Driven the 2011 Ford Focus?

First Ford I've Driven Since 1969

by Dave from Wake Forest, NC on Tue Nov 16 2010

I bought a white Focus SE and have driven it 2,600 miles. Gas mileage is excellent: 36.3 MPG average so far. Power is adequate, and with a 5-speed is more than adequate for my needs. Handling is tight and stable. I like the styling outside and in, especially the wheels and interior lighting at night. The Sync hands-off phone is interesting, and I've enjoyed the Sirius radio. I'm a Civil War re-enactor, and the fold-down rear seats allow me to carry musket and tent poles in style, and even a passenger if he rode behind the driver. The trunk is more than adequate. I'm looking forward to driving this car for many years.

Worth A Look!

by Carguy from Burlington,Ky on Tue Mar 22 2011

The 2011 Focus offers alot of bang for little $$$! Mine is the SE sedan version nicely equiped, and including the new SYNC system. Unlike the Civic and Fit, this car is QUIET, and rides exceptionally obetter than the Mazda 3, and Nissan Sentra, and Versa. Of all the competitors I've mentioned, ONLY the Versa rivaled the '11 focus in price, after rebates. I have averaged 35 mpg so far, better than the 26 avg, on my wifes 04 Matrix. Quality is superior in this car, it seems like a larger,heavier car, when you drive it. It also has a relatively ease of accsess/egress, and great visibility, though the Fit, and Versa, have an edge on that. Plenty of cargo room, even when you don't fold down the split rear seats. Performance is good, though, similar, to the competition. SYNC works nicely, to make/recieve calls, and listen to music, or for traveling (navigation feature). Road manners are secure, QUIET, and comfortable, less sporty, than the Civic, Fit, Mazda 3, more along the lines of the Sentra, Versa, Corrolla, or Yaris. Transmission, and Engine worked nicely together..SMOOOOTH! This car is a great value, but, a completely redesigned 2012 version is already available, and it looks to be even more superior, than its predecessor!!! Bottom line, the Focus either an '11, or '12, is worth a look!

Saved a life

by A Dad from on Sun Jan 16 2011

Excellent safety features on the SE, side curtain airbags and crumple zones did their job. My son walked away from a horrendous meeting with a power pole.

Great little car

by Auto/Diesel Tech from Wolcott, CT. on Fri Mar 04 2011

I have always been one for the bigger more powerful cars. This one is the smallest I would go and has just enough power to be considered ok. But thats where it stops. It is great on gas, gets my family of four around with ease, Has a beautiful look with the se sport package and up models, Has a large trunk for it's size, and handels very well even without a sway bar. The sync system is a great option although it can be tricky to get used to due to having to say certain words or it can be confused by certain words. I am very happy with this car.

SEL a great Choice

by thorh from Atlanta, Ga on Thu Aug 04 2011

Bought 2011 in September last year when there was big discounts. I actually went to look at Fusion but the deal on this car was too good to pass up. SEL has every option except an in dash navigation system. But I can use Synch for that. Car gets much better gas mileage then advertised. I am getting 30mpg city and 40mpg highway. Car feels solid and rides very quiet and smooth for a little car, but handling is more european. Not as pretty as the 2012 Focus, but also was much cheaper to buy. Love the sunroof, the upgraded stereo, synch, heated leather seats, and especially the gas mileage. I love to pass those gas stations. Trunk space is good as well. My only little issue with the car is that when you hit the remote to ope the trunk, it doesn't open all the way up, you have to lift it, but that is a minor detail. Everyone that has riden in the car is suprised about how nice it is. This is a great car for the money!

Love this car

by Granny has a red car from Northern Ca on Wed Feb 16 2011

Because of a now limited income and no need for my 2006 F250 , I traded for a 2011 Ford Focus. This is a fun car to drive, easy to handle, takes the hills where I live without a "grunt",and can get me out of trouble if needed with it's quick response. The fact that it gets over 30mph in cold weather and with hills everywhere we go helps too.

focus

by red fox from Belton mo on Thu Jun 30 2011

We like how you can talk through cell on the radio. Also how it drives. The comfort is awesome and so is the style.

Great Milage excellent value

by wparts from Boynton Beach, Fl on Tue Apr 26 2011

I drive about 1,000 miles per week. Mainly highway miles. Car is not even 3 months old and I have put 10,000 miles on it. Getting 50 mpg on the highway @ 55 - 60 mph. MPG goes to low 40's at 70 mph. Got the Focus SE with sync out the door including tax for about $14k can't beat the value. A/C really cold, great sound system, blue tooth, USB with SAT radio free for six months, power windows, cruise control etc. Look the 2011 is not very sporty or may have great exterior looks but it's saving me money. I'm in the car over 2 hours a day and it's extremely comfortable. I don't think you can find a better value from the top imports in this class Honda, Toyota, or Mazda. Hope the car lasts and that I don't kill it with all the milage.

Happy with My Focus

by elvo from Orland Park, IL on Sat Sep 10 2011

Purchased the Focus last November. Debated between Focus, Elantra, Chevy Cruze. I'm happy with the choice I made. First Ford I've owned, wanted to go with an American. Great on gas, but realistically I get more like 28 in the city and 30 on the highway. The vehicle is reliable and solid all in all. Only 1 complaint:problems with Sync in recognizing voice commands with my ipod. I've had to bring it in twice for reprogramming. Otherwise the Focus is a great car.

Great Little Car

by tommyboy from Redford, Michigan on Thu Jul 21 2011

My wife and I purchased a 2011 Ford Focus in March of this year so we have not been driving it long (she mostly drives it) but so far we have been very happy with the quality,performance,and gas mileage. She is spending half as much as on her old 1992 Saturn SL-1. We got the upgraded SEL model with the upgraded sound package and feel it was well worth it. There is more technology in this car than we know what to do with and we are still learning about some of the more advanced features but we feel like we really moved into the 21st century with this car.

1 2 3 4 5 6