2018 Focus

2018 Ford Focus

Have You Driven the 2018 Ford Focus?

Excellent on gas, great handling and stylish.

by Gary from Fond du Lac Wi on Fri Mar 23 2018

Car is great on gas, looks good and has more room than you'd think. I love the handling and features it has. Overall a great car that is fun to drive!

Greatest Car Ever

by BMC from Buckhannon, WV 26201 on Sat Dec 30 2017

Meet all my needs, greatest gas mileage ever and a sharp looking car! Although it is only front wheel drive I had no trouble getting through the recent snow fall!

Superb value for the price..feature rich

by Deirdre from New Bern, NC on Sun Jun 10 2018

Titanium model is worth the extra money..lots of safety features you wouldn’t expect with this price range..very stylish inside..great dealership which I have been with for 20 years

No complaints so far

by Bud Man and a Ford Fan from Frederick on Wed Jul 11 2018

I purchased a 2018 Focus SEL during Ford's Memorial Day sale. I always liked the looks of the Focus and wasn't all that enthusiastic about its 2019 replacement. I had heard all the horror stories regarding Ford's powershift transmission. My trade in was a 2013 Fiesta with a six-speed manual. Despite the anemic 1.6 liter Duratec engine I found the Fiesta a hoot to drive. I've always loved rolling my own gears and was a bit shocked that Ford didn't offer one on the normally aspirated Focai. Every compact car should have the option of a manual in my opinion. The test drive kind of allayed my concerns about the DCT. The transmission was smooth and the acceleration peppy. Of course, I had just stepped out of the Fiesta so you do the math. The interior was a bit cramped for me, especially with the rear seats folded down. So far I've averaged just under 34 MPG, a little lower than the 39 I averaged in the Fiesta. I should note that at 61 I'm no longer the young idiot that used to tear up and down Maryland roads. I'm more of a cruiser now but the naturally aspirated 2 liter has more than adequate power for freeway passing. The handling is also a bonus although not quite as sharp as what I was used to in the Fiesta. Sync 3 with android auto is kind of a mixed bag but I think my problems have more to do with my spotty cell coverage than with Ford's system. The rear trunk space is nothing to write home about even with the seats folded down which brings me to another complaint. Folding the rear seats is a multi-step process that involves removing the rear headrests and pulling up the rear seat. This wedges the rear seats right up against the front driver and passenger seating which compromises front leg room. The Focus is not a tall vehicle which also limits rear storage space. Overall the trunk space with the rear seats folded isn't that much greater than the Fiesta. I will say that with the seats sitting upright the trunk space is vastly superior. I completed my first long trip, a 660-mile excursion to Eastern Long Island. The trip was much more relaxing than previous trips in the Fiesta. The Focus was not my first choice. I considered the new Accord Hybrid, the Civic Si, and Ex. All of these vehicles have superior features like lane keep assist and emergency breaking that aren't available in the lower trims of the Focus. They're also faster and more fuel efficient. But these vehicles were close to ten thousand dollars more than the Focus. I'm gambling that this Focus won't eat that up in repair costs. I was pretty impressed with the Fiesta's reliability. With regular service, I didn't have even one minor issue. Here's hoping my luck holds out with the Focus as well.

Great Drive

by milliecorrea from Green Brook on Sat Mar 10 2018

Comfort and spacious. The trunk space was just what we needed especially with a new baby. We can put the car seat in our new Ford Focus, my oldest daughter and still have room. The leg room is just perfect. The rear view camera is a plus. Love my focus

Good, basic transportation

by DStone8888 on Sat Mar 24 2018

Serves the purpose at this price point. No issues so far. Looks good. Basic appliance with good features - Titanium trim - for transportation. Ok, even for tall drivers.

Solid for commute, light travel, or young family

by st.buk from Akron, OH on Tue Jul 24 2018

Overall, this is probably one of the better cars I have owned. As of writing, I have just shy of 9000 miles on the car and the only major issue I have had with it was the horn malfunctioned. There are a couple of fit and finish issues such as some rattling with loud music volume due to having the factory bass woofer and a couple of panel imperfections, but this seems to be the name of the game with most sub-luxury car models. I would recommend getting the warranty on the car if available given the past issues with the transmissions on previous models, but as of yet, I have not had any issues. The drive does take getting used to as the double clutch and extra automatic gearing can sometimes get confused about which gear to select on moderate hill grades at country highway speed. Put the hammer down and give it a little gas fixes this. In closing, this car is an excellent car for commutes between cities, short interstate trips, or for families with younger children. Given the ease of driving, it is also a good first or second car for someone to get. And the gas sipping nature doesn't ding the wallet either.

Amazing Car

by Jess87 from Westerville on Sat Mar 03 2018

This vehicle is fully loaded! The interior color is perfect, the features I love the best are: The Sony stereo system with the subwoofer in the trunk and the moon roof. The touch screen features and everything on it, is pretty cool as well. Best purchase I have ever made!

this car i have no issues with at all

by good dog from Scottville mich on Tue Dec 03 2019

there is no problem with this car what so ever this car is very easy to park very good on gas in town 38 miles per gallon in town driving ad as high as 43 miles per gallon on the highway when I set my speed control at 70 miles per hr

First new car and so far. Never looking back

by Richard from San Jose, CA on Sat Nov 30 2019

I say it is a solid car. Its quite quick, fuel efficient and teh 4 banger is shared between the st and the rs ( of course the higher performance models have additional stuff that gets tthem more power). The car is super comfortable, a bit low for my 6 foot 3 frame, and the manual trans is so smooth.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20