2018 Ford Focus

All Reviews

by from Heavener, Ok on March 7, 2018

This car is overall great. It has so many great features and so much more comfortable then the 2016 Focus I had. Ford is definitely improving.

by from Phoenix, Arizona on March 17, 2018

The 2018 Ford Focus was really high on my list of potential cars when I was car shopping. It looks great on paper: has great reviews, decent specs, reasonable price, high safety rating, and the exterior is okay. However, once I got to the dealership I was really not impressed with the exterior or interior and I was SO disappointed when I test drove it. It looks and feels cheaply made, like the interior plastic will just melt in the Phoenix sun and the handles are about to fall off. The panelling looks super cheap, even the metal feels cheap. The dash was convoluted too, like distracting for me to use and difficult to find the buttons without taking your eyes off the road and looking. It doesn't have very many features that come with the car and they are all very expensive to add on. Upon first inspection, I already felt like I was missing something, like you want me to pay THIS MUCH for THIS?? Driving it, I really wanted to like it- my family loves Fords, but I just couldn't do it. It has the worst feedback, like I wanted to accelerate quickly and it took a while to kick and once it did, the RPMs spiked so high- almost in the red, but the car just didn't GO. The brakes are too touchy for my taste. It had a lot of tire noise, like A LOT- I kept thinking my window was cracked, and for a brand new car it had bad suspension. I took 2 other cars in the same class along the same route and the Focus was bouncing around at every pebble. For how small of a car it is, it has a really wide turn radius. I had to do a K turn when trying to do a U turn on a 6 lane road? The two other cars I drove along the same route had no problem zipping around that U turn. The whole driving experience was too moderated for me, it was driving itself and it was so boring. I took it on a really long test drive because I just didn't understand what I was missing, the salesman was very patient with me and let me take it further on the highway and we did a huge loop on the sidestreets, but I just wasn't pleased. I ended up purchasing the 2018 Mazda3 Hatchback (and paying less than the Focus) for anyone who is interested, and I LOVE IT. it's everything the Focus isn't.
Not Rated Reliability

by from Spring Hill, FL on December 7, 2017

The focus handles well and takes corners like a champ. Great gas mileage, was getting less than 30 MPG on new Camry, but the 2018 focus gets over 38 MPG. Great value for the buck.

by from Santa Maria Ca on November 28, 2017

I was given old Ford Focus for work travel and it turned out to be a great car I really liked it it was fully loaded and it was so realizable ... it was so comfortable and it was a older model but everything worked very well I was upset because I was in a wreck and it was totaled so I got a newer car and it wasn?t a for and it was a basic car and it didn?t come close to the comfort and all the amenities the older ford had...

by from Winchester on December 1, 2017

Car has more than enough! It may take me a while to figure everything out, but I love it. Very comfortable and room, yet very sporty looking. I am very pleased.

by from Williamsport, Pa on November 7, 2017

This car is amazing. It was everything I was looking for. It drives great, and feels amazing. Looks stunning as well. I love my new focus.

by from Virginia Beach, VA on March 16, 2018

For a 4 cylinder this car can go. Initial acceleration when your driving conservatively can feel a bit sluggish but the car will get up and go if want. Highway driving is very smooth and the vehicle has no problem keeping up with traffic. However the car does have a tendency of drift side to side if you?re not paying attention to road conditions and weather. It catches groves in roads very easily. The interior is clean and modern with a young sporty look. Sync3 is a great option to have to stay connected but still focused on the road. My only problem with the audio is there is no way to pause or play music without touching the touch screen. There is however volume -/+ and previous and next on the steering wheel. I?m 5?11? with long legs and short short torso and there is definitely enough room in the front for me. With the two front seats all the back there?s not room for adults, maybe small children but I stress small. Having the back seats fully down allows for a very spacious hatchback, it?s a great car for a couple and a dog or two. The base model Focuses are obviously good on gas, driving with fuel in mind you can easily go 350 to 400 miles on a single tank. All in all it?s a great starter vehicle. As for reliable I?ve had no problems so far but only time will tell.

by from Springfield, VA on February 28, 2018

The Focus handles exceptionally well and has good acceleration. I'm a large, tall man and it was comfortable to drive. The safety features, like the back-up camera, are well designed. There is plenty of interior room and a large trunk too. This car is fun to drive, economical, inexpensive, and it looks good. What more could you want?
Not Rated Reliability

by from Columbus, Ohio on January 31, 2018

It was a excellent car that handled very well. It did not need much in the way of maintainance or any other work done to it while owned by me.

by from Greenwood, IN on March 14, 2018

Working with Derek at Ray Skillman Ford (Greenwood), we got a great deal and great help in meeting our price and trade in values. Sales was very good and professional