2011 Fusion

2011 Ford Fusion

2011 Ford Fusion

Have You Driven the 2011 Ford Fusion?

ABSOLUTELY by FAR,The BEST car I have ever driven!

by LittleK from Pensacola, Florida on Thu May 26 2011

BUY A 2011 FORD FUSION and I promise you WON'T be sorry! It is very roomy and comfortable and is also very sporty to look at! It has a lot of GREAT features (sync with blue tooth and satellite radio) and all at a very affordable price!The trunk is HUGE! We have a family of 5 and went from a Mini Van to this car and now I would NEVER will settle for less! It is perfect! I LOVE my car!!!!!!

Good choice in 2011!!

by Canuck from Ontario, Canada on Sun May 22 2011

Previoiusly owned 3 consecutive Pontiac Grand Prixs - researched and test drove many makes and models - chose the 2011 Ford Fusion SE with 2.5L engine. My concerns about pickup for passing have been put to rest as I was used to a 3.8L v6 - my SE has plenty of zip. Have about 3600 km on it - mixed driving (50/50) has been 31 - 32 mpg when I calculated the mpg rather than relying on onboard computer. I wanted to see what highway driving would record - filled it, took it strictly on highway for approx. 100 mi. at about 100 kmh (62 mph) then filled it up again upon returned home - my highway mileage was 43.8 mpg (Imperial gallons up north) which blew me away! The appearance, comfort and drive more than equal my old Grand Prix GT's which cost over 31 000. Very pleased with my choice!! Really enjoying the Fusion.

anxious no more

by tony from Pittsburgh, PA on Fri Dec 30 2011

We owned a Toyota Camry and although I heard good things about Ford, I was really anxious about not buying Toyota again. I waited one year before I said anything about this car - Bottom line: WOW, I love it. Much better made than our Camry, no problems and better gas mileage than advertised. I am now a loyal FORD buyer (my goodness).

Best Quality Car I've Ever Owned

by GM turned Ford Fanatic from Binghamton, NY on Wed Aug 01 2012

You won't go wrong if you purchase any Ford product, especially not the Fusion. I purchased my 2011 Ford Fusion SE 6 speed manual with the Sport Appearance Package and Sun and SYNC package in December of 2010 and couldn't be happier. SYNC is by far a deal maker. It functions as advertised and I love it. The handling is impressive, especially for a midsize sedan. The double wishbone front suspension setup really grips the road, even with the awful stock all season tires. The 2.5 liter Duratec gets great gas mileage and is peppy for a four pot. It never feels underpowered in this 3300 pound midsizer. I would recommend this over any other midsize sedan in the segment.

Best car ever owned

by Otown from Orlando, Florida on Fri Jan 04 2013

Been buying and driving all makes and models of cars since 1967. None have compared more favorably to this one. This is a quiet, excellent handling, comfortable, roomy, high tech and dependable ride. Favorite features : Perpendicular center stack which maximizes space for driver and passenger comfort AND 3-D instrument lighting in red, white and blue colors. Also of extreme interest: Owned 2 years now with 28,000 miles accumulated and total cost of maintainance being 50 bucks for 2 oil changes. Two years since bought and still have yet to see any midsize car on the road it's equal. This car's standard features are other cars's in it's segment pricier add ons. The SYNC from Microsoft for Ford puts other manufacturers in dash electronic systems to shame. Flawless handsfree talking functionality for all input devices such as MP3 players and cell phones. Do not need aftermarket stereo with this baby as SONY stereo is awesome. Many many safety features including MyKEY which allows parents to set controls to monitor and control teen drivers. This car is so smart it keeps track of itself and regularly sends emails and/or texts for owner and also is updatable ( yearly updates dowloaded to thumb drives which in turn downloaded to usb port in car ) to allow for future advancements in SYNC technology and car internals computer to be integrated into vehicle. Last but not least: EVERYONE who I let drive it or has ridden in it cries when they have to leave it to ride in or drive another car. Owned a fully loaded full size luxury sedan before buying this car and do not miss it one bit!

Great car!

by CB Rochester NY from Rochester, NY on Fri Mar 01 2013

I've had my Fusion for one month now. I had been a GM owner for 10 years before buying this car. I am very happy with it so far. It runs perfectly, rides beautifully and gets good gas mileage. The back seats are very roomy and the car handles great in the snow!

Better than I thought

by Bill from Newport WA on Mon Jul 16 2012

I get better mpg than advertised. 38 Hwy and 36.7 mixed. The car is comfortable enough I can drive two hours before needing a break. The trunk has plenty of space for shopping. The back seats fold down so I can carry something 6 ft long easy and 8 ft if I really try. The transmission is shifts smooth most of the time. Once in a while in low gear when it still cold there is a rough shift. The only downside if you want to call it that, is that when I go from a stop it takes off so quick. I need to get used to a really light touch on the gas peddle!

Great car

by Memo from Ohio on Thu Oct 20 2011

The last domestic car I owned was a '74 Mustang II. What a piece of #%(!! that was! It took me until my latest car search to even consider a domestic car. I looked at the Fusion and realized Ford has come light years since my last experience with them. I love my Fusion. Great mileage, comfort, amazing attention to details, just a wonderful car at a really reasonable price.

2011 Ford Fusion S

by Zemmy from NE Ohio on Mon Jun 06 2011

I traded in a 2010 Hyundai Elantra for the 2011 Ford Fusion S. I will be traveling more in a sales position and needed a bigger, more comfortable car. I got the base S as that suited my needs. The seats are very comfortable which is what I need with the trips I will be making. The fuel economy has been excellent (30-33 mpg). I thought I would miss the options from the SE package but I don't. The car is comfortable and quiet. My Hyundai was great while I had it but the Fusion is a more comfortable, roomier and quiet car. I drive the car pretty easy so I don't notice the transmission jumping around like others do. It can be a little sluggish but I can't complain. No buyers remorse here and I'm not that big of a Ford fan. There are probably better cars in the category but the value for the money is hard to beat.

Sweet Ride

by Sporty from MI on Tue Mar 12 2013

I am very happy with my 2011 Ford Fusion. It gets about 40 mpg when driven at 60 miles per hour. The interior is roomy and comfortable. Mine has a sports package with tinted windows, extra speakers and a moon roof. Looks nice and drives great.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2011 Ford Fusion

Editor's note: This review was written in January 2009 about the 2010 Ford Fusion. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

When it debuted in 2005, the Ford Fusion had the heavy task of replacing the once-dominating Taurus. It certainly found its niche in the segment, even if it fell short compared to competition from Honda and Toyota. The second-generation Fusion arrives this spring and, thanks to a number of significant changes and a few cosmetic ones, the 2010 version will be a major competitor in the midsize segment.

Forget the bold new grille — which is even bigger and... Read More