2001 Mustang

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great car!

by Mustang Fanatic from Bronx, NY on August 16, 2011

I bought a 2001 Mustang Convertible with A 3.8L V6 engine and it's great!! it runs like a dream! Great pick up and handling. Very comfortanle bucket seats! My only problem is my back passengers complain there's no leg room but thats to be expected. It's my first car and I couldn't be happier with it. Not too bad on gas either!

Worth Every Cent!

by Stang Thang from Minnesota, MN on December 11, 2008

When I first saw this car I was in love and I had to get it. Its design turns heads everytime I went anywhere! Its not just the fact that It looks cool, for the 3.8, it packs alot of power for a v6. The steering is tight which makes you feel like your in a real sports car. Give it gas and let it go. The front seats are pretty roomy and I consider it pretty much to be a two seater, the back seats are small and ment for short people or kids or your not sitting very comfortably. For the car being base, the sound system sounds pretty good, It gets nice and loud and clear all at the same. I have only had one problem with the car and that was the fuel pump, and it went at 130,000 miles. One thing that also caught my attention was for it being a sports car I was surprised by its crash test ratings, 5 stars for frontal, now thats pretty good I feel. When I first got this car I heard horror stories about it in the winter I heard such things as "Impossible" and "You better have AAA" "Your going to crash it". These things threw me for a loop, but when we had our first good snow fall I took the car out and to my surprise it wasnt all that bad as people claim it to be. I was getting around just fine. Grant it I have traction control and sandbags, but I dont have any snow tires, I have regular Cooper all seasons and I get around no problem. The tricks are, dont go too fast, use your mind, and dont punch it around corners, Just take it slow and steady, better late than dead. If my car didnt have traction control, I would have gotten snow tires, but so far its not necessary. My mustang is a 2001 and for it being 7 years old It still has crisp edges, nice curves and steals all the attention on the road. Would deff reccomend to anyone looking for a more Practical fun sports car!

WOW

by Chris from Pottstown, PA on July 5, 2007

What a Great year for Mustang! I bought my 01 GT pre-owned with 30,000 miles on it. I am so happy with my decision to go with this car. It's comfortable, powerful, and has the muscle one would expect from this American legend. The MACH 460 stereo sound excellent, the only sound sweeter is that of the 4.6L V8. I highly recommend this car for anyone debating on a sport car to buy.

Sad I had to say goodbye

by mello57 from Greenville, SC on June 12, 2013

I owned the V6 deluxe model coupe with metallic red paint and charcoal interior in the south for 8 years and it was hands down the best money I've spent on a car. It was recently totaled but even with 139,000 miles on it the car was completely SOUND. Take care of regular maintenance and go easy on the transmission (I know it's a sports car, but give it a chance to shift before you throw it into the next gear and save yourself some trouble) Some good things to know about this model mustang-- Never use the window to close the door, you will undoubtedly regret it when your window quits working. (You will find a lot of info on this in mustang forums) Park it in the garage or shade when possible. The paint doesn't like the sun, especially the spoilers. DO NOT attempt to change your own break pads unless you just so happen to own the very mysterious, unknown tool needed to both twist and push the pistons back in with. (Seriously. Its a pain and requires at least 4 hands) The interior plastics in mine still looked stunning by using a high shine cleaning protectant like armorall or meguires about 3-4 times a year. Many of my friends with much newer cars expressed their jealousy over mine b/c these cars just look great. This is a very safe vehicle as long as you remember that its a little lighter in the back. One of my friends owned an '02 and rolled it with her 18 mo. old son in the back. He didn't have a scratch on him. I would absolutely buy another mustang in a minute, but plan to start a family soon so its time to graduate to a sedan.

I have had this car since 2002

by Ribasgt from Uniontown, Pennsylvania on May 15, 2008

I have owned this car since 2002 and I like it so much I got a 2002 the following year. Both of these car are the same and I feel that these are the best cars I have ever had. If there is something that I feel could have been improved would be more leg room in the back. No big problem, i never sit there.

best used car I'v owned,

by Sports Car Girl from Malvern, PA> on July 24, 2012

I love my Mustang, bought it the end of May, drives like a dream, and for a 6 cyl. really moves. No problems so far. Car had 76,000 on it and it drives like new.

Great American Car

by Masterkenny from Gurnee, IL on June 11, 2010

I got this car with 74,000 miles on it its a great car. Its Fast Its Fun It has a great turning radius It has lots of aftermarket parts Its Comfortable The only complainant is the gas mileage but with a new intake and keep the engine clean and it gets a lot better.

Most enjoyable car I've owned.

by Kissa from Spanaway, WA on September 1, 2008

Between the purr of the engine, the gas petal beneath my feet and the convertible top down, I couldn't imagine owning anything that I'd enjoy more as a carefree young adult!

Great car

by Always have loved Mustangs. from Federal Way, Wash on November 4, 2012

This car was a Mothers Day present a few years ago. I love it. Fun to drive, turns heads, wins 1st or 2nd place @ car shows. I plan on keeping it for a long long time. Bye the way it's a "COBRA" contvertiable....

Best American Car I've ever owned!!

by Best American Car I've ever owned!! from Tampa, Fl on November 19, 2011

I always wanted a Mustang because I used to own an Iroc-Z and the guys in the Mustangs sounded louder and 100 times better! Ford makes it a standard in all their vehicles from factory. I had a few problems with the Camaro, and by far...this Mustang has always been the most reliable I've owned surpasing previous imports, etc. LOVE this vehicle and would recommend to anyone!!

1 2 3 4 5 6