2008 Ford Mustang

The V6 model is a nice entry-level car.

by from Los Angeles, CA on March 28, 2012

I just bought an '08 with a V6 and a manual transmission. What a fun car to drive! It's styled really nicely with the Pony Package, has a decent exhaust note, and handles pretty well. I have a lot of fun driving it. The base sound system is alright. Could use a sub in the trunk though. I'll probably keep this one until the wheels fall off.

Most Fun Car I've Owned

by from Kissimmee, FL on December 10, 2010

Excellent car!! Performance and ride is outstanding as well as Reliability. If you are into the real american muscle this is the car for you. Sorry Camaro!!

Fun to Drive

by from Salt Lake City, UT on April 6, 2010

This 2008 Ford Mustang GT is really fun to drive. I look forward to driving to work everyday (more forward to driving back home).

Not super sophisticated, but super fun

by from MInneapolis, MN on October 30, 2008

Before this car, I owned a BMW 3 series. They are not the same car. The 3: smooth, sophisticated, heated seats, and a passenger mirror that rotated when the car was in reverse so that I was a parallel parking expert. The as-loaded-as-possible Mustang GT convertible: ride not as smooth, but not bad; not at all sophisticated, but I never got the thumbs up, honks, smiles, and waves in the 3 (especially from police) like I do in the GT; no heated seats (and the interior gauge lights actually dim when the lights are on to the extent that they are hard to see), but otherwise the interior is basic but does not appear cheap; finally, the lack of a rotating mirror is obviously no big deal, but the nose of the car is hard to judge (so much so that my wife doesn't like to drive the car) but the gas mileage is better than I expected (of course it's not great, this is a GT). All in all, I wanted an American car and I'm happy I made the switch. The car doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is--a heck of a lot of power, fun, and classic styling for the price ($35k) without appearing cheap.

My 2008 Mustang GT

by from on April 18, 2011

This is an amazing car! I highly recommend this car to anyone of any age who wants to have a practical everyday car along with lots of fun! If you drive right, you can get decent gas mileage and it does exactly what you want it to. Very reliable, no problems yet. Mine is the vista blue with white stripes down the middle; and not a day has gone by that i haven't received a compliment.

Fastest car till 2011 Shelby & Corvette 500 hp

by from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on February 26, 2011

I purchased a used 2008 Mustang Saleen with 475 hp Stage 3 supercharger and Saleen plus racing suspension 4" off the ground. It was the quickest car on the road and track until Shelby in 2011 put a 500 hp supercharger Stage 4 Saleen supercharger. Corvette came out with a 508 supercharger. It would irratate the corvette, shelby, charger, viper, and challenger owners to try and keep up with me. The racing suspension puts the corvette suspension to shame. The competition five speed shifter was so quick to ship most people thought it was an automatic. The problem with the racing suspension was that it was 4" off the ground and made it difficult to pull in and out of driveways without some logistical strategy to keep the air dam and bottom from scraping. At 70-80 mile per hour rush hour traffic was no problem to power the car from lane to lane with no noticeable body tilt. Swallom makes the corvette look clumsy and inept. The brakes were the only problem in that the car had more power than could be stopped with stock brakes. The limited slip traction control puts all power to the wheels and keeps the car going straight while others are trying to get off the line you are already gone. If you are an adrenaline junky this is the only car one should own. For the money the Saleen Stage 3 mustang with racing suspension and beefed up breakes gets 32 mpg with real 100% gas on the hwy. with ethanol it gets 21 mpg hwy and results in choking city performance to nothing. One should use Blue Oil and real gas to keep the rocket moving properly and cheaply.

2008 GT Premium Convertible

by from on September 1, 2012

This is my favorite Mustang of all time and I've been driving them for nearly 40 years. My first car was a '66 GT Fastback and I've restored and driven them ever since never having one newer than a 1973 until the remodel in '05. My '08 is a world apart from the old years in both looks, handling and feel. I bought this when they first came out and haven't had even one problem with it. It's garaged and still looks and drives like new at 60K miles. I like the new 2013 but not enough to sell my '08 and I don't need 2 of them and an Acadia so I'll probably hold off on the '13 until I tire of my '08 even though they've taken it to another level of perfection for the original Pony car

My Second Childhood

by from Macon, GA on January 14, 2013

I purchased this GT/CS used with only 35k miles. I like the "throw back" style. This is fun to drive. This 4.6 is very responsive and the auto transmission is smooth even during hard acceleration.

True Muscle!!!!!

by from Chesapeake, VA on April 16, 2008

I have an '08 GT and it is so fun to drive. FAST very FAST, although it will suck gas right down, but its a V8 so can't complain. One thing that is a slight problem is that the 12v power outlet is above the CD and dash controls. With a phone charger plugged in it is annoying to struggle with the cord. Other than that i absolutely love this car. Has great style and heratage. Deep throaty exhaust note, especially on hard acceleration. I love to here all those horses. Sound system is very nice too. I only have the Shaker 500, and it will shake alright. I can't even imagine what the Shaker 1000 sounds like. Smooth shifting 5 speed. and great brakes. I LOVE THIS CAR! I completely recomend to anyone who wants a great fun car to drive around and loves traditional muscle power.

Fun to drive '08 Mustang GT

by from Parkersburg, WV on February 23, 2012

Fun car, plenty of power for an everyday car. Is a little heavy on fuel but that's the only downside to this car. Definitely recommended to person looking for a sports car.

Our Expert Review: 2008 Ford Mustang