2008 Mustang

2008 Ford Mustang

2008 Ford Mustang

Have You Driven the 2008 Ford Mustang?

The V6 model is a nice entry-level car.

by New Mustang Fan from Los Angeles, CA on Wed Mar 28 2012

I just bought an '08 with a V6 and a manual transmission. What a fun car to drive! It's styled really nicely with the Pony Package, has a decent exhaust note, and handles pretty well. I have a lot of fun driving it. The base sound system is alright. Could use a sub in the trunk though. I'll probably keep this one until the wheels fall off.

Not super sophisticated, but super fun

by Minnesota GT from MInneapolis, MN on Thu Oct 30 2008

Before this car, I owned a BMW 3 series. They are not the same car. The 3: smooth, sophisticated, heated seats, and a passenger mirror that rotated when the car was in reverse so that I was a parallel parking expert. The as-loaded-as-possible Mustang GT convertible: ride not as smooth, but not bad; not at all sophisticated, but I never got the thumbs up, honks, smiles, and waves in the 3 (especially from police) like I do in the GT; no heated seats (and the interior gauge lights actually dim when the lights are on to the extent that they are hard to see), but otherwise the interior is basic but does not appear cheap; finally, the lack of a rotating mirror is obviously no big deal, but the nose of the car is hard to judge (so much so that my wife doesn't like to drive the car) but the gas mileage is better than I expected (of course it's not great, this is a GT). All in all, I wanted an American car and I'm happy I made the switch. The car doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is--a heck of a lot of power, fun, and classic styling for the price ($35k) without appearing cheap.

Fun to Drive

by T from Salt Lake City, UT on Tue Apr 06 2010

This 2008 Ford Mustang GT is really fun to drive. I look forward to driving to work everyday (more forward to driving back home).

Fastest car till 2011 Shelby & Corvette 500 hp

by crow from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on Sat Feb 26 2011

I purchased a used 2008 Mustang Saleen with 475 hp Stage 3 supercharger and Saleen plus racing suspension 4" off the ground. It was the quickest car on the road and track until Shelby in 2011 put a 500 hp supercharger Stage 4 Saleen supercharger. Corvette came out with a 508 supercharger. It would irratate the corvette, shelby, charger, viper, and challenger owners to try and keep up with me. The racing suspension puts the corvette suspension to shame. The competition five speed shifter was so quick to ship most people thought it was an automatic. The problem with the racing suspension was that it was 4" off the ground and made it difficult to pull in and out of driveways without some logistical strategy to keep the air dam and bottom from scraping. At 70-80 mile per hour rush hour traffic was no problem to power the car from lane to lane with no noticeable body tilt. Swallom makes the corvette look clumsy and inept. The brakes were the only problem in that the car had more power than could be stopped with stock brakes. The limited slip traction control puts all power to the wheels and keeps the car going straight while others are trying to get off the line you are already gone. If you are an adrenaline junky this is the only car one should own. For the money the Saleen Stage 3 mustang with racing suspension and beefed up breakes gets 32 mpg with real 100% gas on the hwy. with ethanol it gets 21 mpg hwy and results in choking city performance to nothing. One should use Blue Oil and real gas to keep the rocket moving properly and cheaply.

Most Fun Car I've Owned

by Stang Enthusiast from Kissimmee, FL on Fri Dec 10 2010

Excellent car!! Performance and ride is outstanding as well as Reliability. If you are into the real american muscle this is the car for you. Sorry Camaro!!

2008 GT Premium Convertible

by AZSteve from on Sat Sep 01 2012

This is my favorite Mustang of all time and I've been driving them for nearly 40 years. My first car was a '66 GT Fastback and I've restored and driven them ever since never having one newer than a 1973 until the remodel in '05. My '08 is a world apart from the old years in both looks, handling and feel. I bought this when they first came out and haven't had even one problem with it. It's garaged and still looks and drives like new at 60K miles. I like the new 2013 but not enough to sell my '08 and I don't need 2 of them and an Acadia so I'll probably hold off on the '13 until I tire of my '08 even though they've taken it to another level of perfection for the original Pony car

My 2008 Mustang GT

by Kyle from on Mon Apr 18 2011

This is an amazing car! I highly recommend this car to anyone of any age who wants to have a practical everyday car along with lots of fun! If you drive right, you can get decent gas mileage and it does exactly what you want it to. Very reliable, no problems yet. Mine is the vista blue with white stripes down the middle; and not a day has gone by that i haven't received a compliment.

My Second Childhood

by Ray's Toy from Macon, GA on Mon Jan 14 2013

I purchased this GT/CS used with only 35k miles. I like the "throw back" style. This is fun to drive. This 4.6 is very responsive and the auto transmission is smooth even during hard acceleration.

A few small downsides but overall an amazing car

by teroy from Boise, ID on Sun Jul 14 2013

Well, as the third generation on my fathers side to own a mustang it is a pretty amazing car especially after getting it used for only 16,900 with 28k miles. Between handling in the rain, rated curves on the interstate and on long road trips the car was very dependable and averaged about 20 m/pg street and 25-27 m/pg highway, exterior pony package looks pretty amazing and the interior setup isnt too bad and the safety setup between the ABS brakes, automatic traction control and ability to turn on/off overdrive on the throttle are definitely a plus too. The only downsides in my opinion are: cup-holders are placed front to back so it makes it difficult to access the throttle with cups in both holders, the car really only seats two because there's little to no room in the back for more than maybe 3, but overall the benefits far outweigh the downsides and having a car that is not only sporty but gets better mileage than some of the regular honda or nissan cars i'd say it's a pretty good fit

Should have bought one 30+ years ago!

by Boss Bill from Clearwater, FL on Mon Oct 24 2011

The Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 is an awesome car! For a 500+ horsepower beast it drives, handles, stops and operates like a dream. The dash and instrumentation electronics are colorfully enlightening but simple to use and the Shaker Sound system really kicks. I have the convertible model and there are no squeaks, rattles, leaks or wind noises that are common in other brands. The 6 speed shifts easy and the clutch easy enough to use for my short young daughter. I over a year of ownership there has been no problems and the value of it has not gone down but up if anything. I get constant looks, smiles, compliments and thumbs up while driving from other motorists and pedestrians. The insurance is very reasonable for a car like this because it has a 5 star crash rating in every category including rollover (on a convertible? - way to go Ford!) and standard anti-lock brakes, traction control and anti-theft systems. I plan to drive this car into my 80's or health willing my 90's because it's the comfortablest and funnest muscle/sports car convertible my large frame body has every experienced.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2008 Ford Mustang

The 2008 Ford Shelby GT500 King of the Road scares me.

It's a Mustang with a sticker price of $79,995. Ford only made 1,000 of them in 2008 and dealers have asked much more than the suggested retail price.

But my fear did not stem from the car's price. I've driven more expensive vehicles and less practical ones.

Really, the GT500KR didn't frighten me when I got inside it and fired up that 5.4-liter supercharged V-8. I may not have fully respected this Mustang when I hopped into it for the first time, but I sure as heck did by the time I got out of it.

The first "incident" occurred along Gibraltar Road when I started to pass a minivan poking its way up the same straightaway.

With no oncoming traffic and... Read More