2005 Ford Ranger

An American Classic

by from Mpls, MN on January 31, 2013

Why change something that just plain runs forever? I bought my 2005 Ford Ranger new. (Just felt it was time to update from my 1994 Ranger; which was still running at 210,000 miles on it). The design is timeless with the Ranger. The V6 engine delivers more than enough power than you'll ever need. With previous expirence, it could easily run for 300,000 miles. I have the supercab which is perfect if you don't have a family to haul around. But 2-3 people can fit in it pretty good. Great vehicle and if you have no need for a Full-size pickup, go with the last true compact pickup in the Ranger. Test drove all the foreign midsized pickups and the Colorado and Dakota and too be honest, nothing had the pickup truck feel that the Ranger did. I am biased but I do feel it is the last true small pickup for people who want to use their pickup

Very good truck!!!

by from Wisconsin on February 16, 2009

This is my first truck and I enjoy it very much. It drives like a car, smooth. Yet it has the capabilities you'd expect from a 4 wheel drive vehicle. This truck has handled midwestern winters like a champ! I would definitely recommend this truck to anyone.

2005 Ford Ranger Super Cab With all Options

by from AL on October 22, 2008

Love it. Form the 4X4 option to the 6 cd changer to the better shocks and higher lift kit. The extra fog lights are bright, the step bar sturdy, the bed lining great. Never had any problems with it, never been stuck, perfect truck for a small/midsize truck. Flaw is, 2 seats in the back are for show.

2005 Ford Ranger

by from Burlington, New Jersey on January 29, 2013

This is my second Ford Ranger. My first was a 2004 Ranger Edge 2WD. This Ranger is a 2005 XLT 4x4. I love this truck more than life itself. For my needs/wants the Ford Ranger is the perfect truck. I plan on keeping this truck until the day I die.

Good Little Truck. Great at what it does.

by from Fresno, Ca on February 27, 2012

This is my fourth Ranger. I use them both at work and at home. They really serve their purpose as a good little utility vehilce. I have the extended cab model that gives me the extra interior room. The 6 foot bed is good for hauling everything from bikes to the family dog. They are tough, dependable little trucks. I buy the 4 cylider models and am very happy with the gas milage. The performance is adeqate. The motor gets the job done. I have never had any serious issues with any of the trucks. The comfort is okay for a truck.

best pick up made

by from michigan on April 11, 2009

I am on the 5th ranger I have owned and they all have been great. Tough and dependable.I have a 4door extended cab 4x4 with a V-6.Not very good milage but good enough.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great little truck!

by from Michigan on April 17, 2011

I've driven many trucks before, and the Ranger is the best. If you can get over its small size, and its old design you'll just see how great the truck really is. First, its old design actually makes it nice to work on, and it makes it reliable. Its old interoir design may not be fancy, but is very well laid out, and easy to clean. Power may be an issue, especially if you get the 3.0 V6, it gets the gas milage of a 4.0 and the power of a 2.3. But its plenty enough power, I just wished I got better fuel economy. The Ranger is a good looking truck, it has the mid 2000's Ford design, which was the best designs for Ford trucks, and the Ranger's design is easy to improve. Which brings up anther great reason to ge this truck, its the best to customize. ANother great reason to get a Ranger is that the Ranger is mostly American, mine is 90% American and was assembled in the US. Finally the best reason to get a Ranger is its durability. I bought mine after it was beat up for over 80,000 miles. Covered in dents, road salt erosion eating the frame, signs of trailer towing, and a history report just shows that the truck was beaten on. The only thing to go bad on it was the power steering, and that wasn't from my ownership either. This truck is simply a tough little truck! Owners I've talked to say its easy to get 300,000 miles out of this truck and they encounter few problems. I intend to keep this truck as long as I can, which may be for life, and it only cost me 5 grand. Now thats a deal!

Bought a Used Ranger

by from Michigan on September 24, 2010

An 05 Ranger base XL 3.slo Vulcan v6 automatic RWD. I got it at 86,000 miles and since put 2000 miles on it, the previous owner was nice enough to put dents on it everywhere, but it was cheap truck. The engine is the worst part, its slow, not all that fuel efficient and heavy. The exterior styling is good looking, it still looks somewhat good even with dents all over. The interior is cheap, bland and very old, the radio needed swapped becuase the stock one sucked, the vinyl seats are good however, and the layout is very simple. The chassis is a very old and outdated design, but that does make it more reliable and keep cost down, and makes it easier to work on, and making parts easy to find. Overall, it does the job, its affordable, and its easy to work on or customize. Avoid the 3.0 Vulcan engine.

stylish

by from tn on November 7, 2006

great design very reliable and gets 23-24 mpg consistantly,add ons greatly improve preformance,interior is very modern exterior is sleek

Good little truck

by from Tofield, AB, Cdn on August 15, 2007

I've had 2 of these trucks, great little truck lots of power with the 4.0, The second one is a 4x4 and it has a lot rougher ride in town than the non 4x4.