2005 Ford Ranger

better car never

by from seemen ,al on September 18, 2017

these car is the best way to save gas ,better and cheaper to buy parts. I would like to say these are very reliable cars make by ford.
Not Rated Reliability

Very good lil truck

by from Texas on September 6, 2017

I bought this truck new. The brake power thing had to be replaced at year 3 or so. Thats it. I change the oil faithfully every 3k miles. It doesnt burn any oil. This year year 12, I did a major tune up ( spark plugs, air filter, gas filter, spark plug wires) and also started using fuel additives to clean fuel injectors. But no major problems. Mine is a v6 Edge. The only thing that has always bothered me with this truck is how rough it rides. Not confy at all. It will take you from point A to point B for sure ,but be redy to feel every bump in the road. I will buy another Ford truck, perhaps a F150, in the near future.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Always gets the job done

by from Longmont on August 2, 2017

This car has gotten me from point A to point B for the last 12 years no problems ever. The only time I ever need to take it into the shop is to get oil changes. Would definitely recommend!

Great Truck

by from Richmond, VA on June 16, 2017

I have owned trucks most of my life. This truck has been one of my better ones. Definitely happier with Ford than any other maker

Just the PERFECT TRUCK!

by from Claremont Ca on May 19, 2017

We are over the moon, so happy with this truck, it is perfect, not too big, no too small, just what we were looking for. Very very happy campers we are!

12 years old and no problems

by from on May 4, 2017

This is a great vehicle to own with minimal maintenance required over 12 years of ownership. 1 fuel pump replaced and the rest is normal scheduled maintenance.

Love my truck!

by from Clemson, SC on April 11, 2017

Bought a 2005 Ford Ranger XLT recently, and am really enjoying it. It rides nice, and has a good bit of "pickup", as well as good brakes. I really love my truck!

can handel any job of a full size

by from st johns//carbonear on March 30, 2017

my dauther was driving with her mom one time.she noticed this ford ranger with a matching low profile cap and same colour as the truck with the mag rims.she looked at here mom and said ,thats a beautiful looking truck.here mother looked at her with suprise, and said,that,s your fathers truck.lol

Troubles

by from Nova Scotia on March 14, 2017

I purchased the 'edge' version, basic. Thinking less gadgets to go wrong, however the radio / ca has been problematic since about a year out of warranty. Then check engine light kept coming on and going off, then going into 'limp mode'. After spending a lot of money the only option is was left with was replacing the engine as nobody could find the root of the problem

Haven't owned it long enough,so far so good

by from on January 17, 2017

Handles great,great performance for a 4cyl. Good ground clearance with great visibility. Truck only has 19000 miles so not sure about reliability