2012 Taurus

2012 Ford Taurus

2012 Ford Taurus

4.5

Have you driven the 2012 Ford Taurus?

Excellent Car

by business owner from Green Bay, WI on Thu Jan 05 2012

I have now logged 2,000 mile on my 21012 Taurus Limited. Great car. This is probably the best new car I've ever owned ...which includes an Audi A6, and a Chrysler 300. It's big yet handles very well, and its exceptionally comfortable. I' have had no problems with anything. I tend to drive long distances and I drive fast. This car handles very well at all speeds (I haven't gone over 90mph..yet), and well in snow too. The inteior layout fits me perfectly The SYNC system is easy to learn and has been very good. There's plenty of technology in this car, but it isn't burdensome and their engineers have produced a car thats very user friendly, and useful. The last GM truck I owned had a lot of USELESS technology that was either burdensome or it just didn't work very well. This car has been a breath of fresh air compared to GM's technology.

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by Ron from Flushing, MI on Wed Feb 06 2013

Based on reviews, my wife and I were all set to purchase a Fusion. After we test drove the vehicle, we were drawn to a Taurus sitting nearby on the lot. We decided to take a test drive and found it far exceeded the comfort and room the Fusion offered. All for just several thousand more dollars. I now have 33,000 miles on it and just love it. It's so quiet you cant hear the engine running. So comfortable you don't notice your traveling on Michigan roadways. With the extras that came with the vehicle, you're basically driving a Lincoln MKZ at a much lower cost. If Ford doesn't upset the technology of this vehicle, they'll have a winner for many years to come.

Comfort and Value

by Roger from Augusta, GA on Tue Oct 29 2013

Smooth and quiet the SEL I found online had only 18k miles on it, a clean CarFax, one owner and well maintained. I love the keyless push button start and entry system and the Sync system plays well on the Sony speakers from an 8 gig thumbdrive. The V6 has sufficent power to pass in freeway traffic and still gets an overall 21 MPG on regular gas city/highway. Mine has the red color with tan leather interior, heated power seats and seats five with ease. The huge trunk is perfect for a foursome to go golfing. If you want comfort, handling and a sable ride in a less expensive sedan put the later model Taurus's on you list.

First car I?ve owned

by Dj from Prosser WA on Sun Nov 05 2017

I like the vehicle smooth drive. Really nice has a lot of space. My kids liked it. Car very clean an easy to drive.

Nice Car!

by Happy Taurus Owner from IOWA on Wed Nov 23 2016

I really like most everything about this car, its so quiet, love the way it handles. Wind noise is virtually none, road noise is a little more noticeable, plenty of power., a joy to drive. Drivers seat and area is a little confined, but I still like the car and its styling. If you were a large person, it may too confining. Test drive before you buy! Unlike others in previous posts that traded it in after a month or what ever.....seriously, they did not look the car over before purchasing.

first ford in over 20yrs

by Gary from Big Rapids,Mich on Sun Dec 24 2017

I like the sync took getting used to just like getting used to fords cruise control. They could have left off the manual shifters on the steering wheel. I love the 3.5L it gets up and moves. i was looking @ a 2012 escape. a little on the small size for my height 6 foot & frame 3XL> I'm gratefull I took some adivce& test drove both no buyers remorse

Big, comfy, safe for my fam.

by rodriguez14305 from Niagara Falls on Sat Nov 04 2017

Out of all the cars on the market this is one of the last bigger cars everything is so small I feel safe for my family.

Great Automobile

by RickyH from Troutville,Va. on Mon Oct 23 2017

This car meets all my needs. I am very pleased with my purchase...............................................

2012 Ford Taurus Review

by Soundman 54 from Chesapeake, Virginia on Fri Sep 22 2017

Overall it has been a good vehicle, but it has had problems with body integrity. The chrome molding around the tail lights has pealed off, both rear doors leak, the truck leaked, I recently had a leak around the sun roof and I have had to replace the battery, all four tires and brakes and the leather seats are starting to crack. The front right fender and left real quarter panel started to loosen up and need to be pushed back in place almost weekly. The car has good pick up and good gas milage for a 3.5 liter V6. I like the car but would not buy another one or recommend it to a friend or family member.

Does not recommend this car!!

Love My New Taurus

by Mark1141 from Ohio on Wed Oct 05 2011

I love this car. Just got mine 2 days ago. I got the SEL Model with the Leather Interior, Heated Seats and Moon Roof. The car drives great. Gas Milage is good considering this car is over 4000lbs. The Cabin is very quiet and has lots of space. I also like how the cup holders are hidden until you decide to use them. Makes very clean looking appearance. I have loved the out side of the car since they redesigned it in 2010. The only design extra I don't think I will use much is the Paddle shifters that come standard on the SEL and up. Over all this is a greate Family Car that starts to blend into the area of a luxury car.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2012 Ford Taurus

Editor's note: This review was written in October 2010 about the 2011 Ford Taurus SHO. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2012, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The SHO version of Ford's full-size Taurus sedan tries hard to do a lot of things, but it doesn't excel at any of them.

It wants to be a performance car, but comes up short in a few critical areas. It could be a family car, thanks to its large exterior, but it's too cramped inside. It's comfortable cruising down the highway, but it's a pain on narrow city streets.

The SHO is the high-performance model, but there are several versions of the Taurus on the road... Read More