1997 Thunderbird

1997 Ford Thunderbird

$33 - $5,973  MSRP Range
1997 Ford Thunderbird

Have You Driven the 1997 Ford Thunderbird?

Changed Man

by Top Dawg from Waco,Tx. on Sun Jan 24 2010

I've driven Chevys' all my life and although I've owned a couple of Fords I just never really liked them that much. Recently I purchased a 97 T-bird LX 4.6 and theres not enough good I can say about the car. From its quick responce and good looks to 26 mpg. I love it !!!!!!!!

Last & Best of an Era

by Road Warrior from Santa Rosa, CA on Wed Jan 27 2010

My 97 T-Bird was built during the last week of production for this model--the last and best of its era. Mine has the fuel injected SOHC V8 and Sport Package option. This car has been driven all over the western US and has never given the slightest problem. Other than routine servicing and wear items like brakes and tires, it has never been in the garage for repairs. The power and performance easily match vehicles that cost half again as much, and a lot more to maintain.

I loved this car

by tonyintrpd from Tri Cities, TN on Wed Jan 27 2010

I bought it off the show room floor... I miss it. I have no doubt it would still be running today; if not for the guy that totaled mine when he ran a red light. He hit me in the drivers door doing 40ish and I didnt get a scratch. One of the safest cars I have ever driven. I would recomend this car to anyone. Had the car for 9 years.

I'm driving mine 'till the wheels fall off...

by Army Guy from Columbus, GA on Sat Feb 16 2008

I've owned a 1997 T-Bird since 2001, and it's been an extremely reliable car. It's going on 11 years old now, and I've only had to replace the typical parts (hoses, belts, etc.) that you'd expect for a 10 year old vehicle. I'll keep this car until it just stops running...if that ever happens.

Whopper of a car!!!

by White Raven from Buffalo on Thu Sep 16 2010

Check out the "reviews on this car! The Kelly Blue Book does not include the Jasper Engine & Custom Leather Interior or Custom High Performance Dual Exhaust System not to mention the Cherry Bomb Mufflers & the After Market Radio or Mag Wheels. The standard 97 T-Bird whether a v6 or a v8 did not come loaded like this one! The Jasper Engine alone is worth more than the Kelly Blue Book Values. I Love my T-Bird, wish I had this one also!!!

"Good for the money"

by Car Freak from California on Thu Mar 27 2008

I have owned a 1997 Thunderbird LX sport with a moonroof for a week now as a first car, it has been a reliable car. So far the only thing that I had to replace is the serpentine belt which really isnt much for a car at this year. It has the power you need for a V8 and gets descent gas mileage. The only thing I dont like about it is when I am in drive and when the wheel is turned it vibrates the car, maybe its just that it is a big car.

Reliable boat

by socalredd from Los Angeles, CA on Sun Jul 30 2006

The only negatives are that this is not the sort of car I like. It was a family hand-me-down, so I didn't choose it. With the prevalance of compact parking spaces these days, it's annoying to drive such a large car. Don't even try putting this thing into a compact space- you'll just end up with scratches on your doors or bumpers. On the other hand, I must have gotten lucky with this car in terms of reliability. I've certainly heard the 'Found On Road Dead' nickname for Fords, but this car has never been problematic. Nearly ten years later, it's still going strong! I always get passenger comments about how nice it is to have a full-sized back seat, so this would probably be a good car for a family if you want to drive something a little nicer than a mini-van.

Most fun on four wheels!!!!!!!!!!!

by The ThunderBEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from Dallas,TX on Thu Apr 23 2009

A 1997 Thunderbird Sport( RARE) All Sports are V8s, but not all V8's are sport.Talk a about Fantastic car for the money, it has 145,000 miles and looks and runs like new. Conservative drive in D and the manual shift unleashes the sport. Having one of the last of the 97's feels like an honor and I look forward in babying the last of the MN12s. For future drivers it is a marvel of driving fun, be on the look out and hold on to it for dear life.

one of best deals I ever got

by Old car guy from Ontario canada on Mon Feb 11 2008

I have owned this 1997 Thunderbird lx sport now for 1 year and it's been great. It does not have all the options of the old birds but it has all you would ever need. It's power is good with the 285 ft. lbs. of torque it likes to spin the wheels. I would however like a little more. The one and the only problem I have with it is I can't get winter rims for it anywere. All I can find is 15 inch and with the sports package I need 16 inch. I have been a mechanic for over 30 years and this is one great car!

i will never sell my t-bird

by Slim Jim from Dearborn, Mi on Sun Oct 07 2007

I have done some mods to it to make mine like i want it, and it has never let me down. I love the car, love the ride, it handels better than most any other sports car. The rust is starting under doors but i will take care of it. I do not drive mine in the winter, it does not go in snow.

1 2 3