2000 Ford Windstar

Still going strong after all these years

by from Delaware on June 10, 2017

I just sold this car after owning it 17 years. I will miss it'! We could always depend on it in any kind of weather. It would start up like it was new even if it sat in the driveway for days. I hope the new owners enjoy it as much as we did.

Has been my FAVORITE Family Car!!

by from Ocean Pines, MD on April 8, 2017

Very well designed, and super comfortable for long road trips. Great looking car inside & out. And has been so easy to maintain.

worst car I've ever owned

by from Arab,Al on March 22, 2017

my car is heading for the junk yard. I only bought it because I needed a van to transport my wifes wheelchair

Great family car!

by from Sheboygan, WI on August 25, 2016

This was a great car for years and still going strong. Still looks awesome at 16 years old. Interior wore well. All power windows and doors and seats still work. Comfy ride. Great interior space for hauling kids to and from college with all their stuff and for vacations. I hope we can get as much use out of our newer van. Bought used at 3 years old and it was the best used car purchase we ever made.

Worst car i have EVER owned

by from Missoula Mt on November 7, 2013

I have never seen a car this bad. I am calling the finance company to come and get it. I bought my two tone cabernet red and gold Ford Windstar S.E.L fully loaded with every add-on feature whatsoever to transport my two kids in. This pile of trash has gone through four transmissions, leaks transmission fluid, power seats and power locks don't work anymore, premium speakers keep popping in and out, power doors don't work anymore, entire electrical system replaced twice, no air conditioning or heater, won't start in cold, so i can't drive in the winter because i live in Montana and two total engine replacements. Thats why i am either calling the finance company to come and get it, or i will try to trade this junker in on a good, reliable car like a Toyota or a Honda, and I should have gotten the Odyssey or Sienna. I will never buy another Ford and you can take that to the bank! I am looking forward to buying a Toyota or a Honda both which are known worldwide for total reliability and dependability.

entire transact ver good

by from dallas texas on September 22, 2013

first contact over computer and was very pleased the car is very clean just like the ad said every thing was first class would go back owner of the car lot was helpful in every way

150K one owner, no problems

by from san antonio , texas on June 21, 2012

I bought this van with 5miles and it has been very reliable. It is roomy and comfortable. I have recently had some ware and tear ... for example the od light does not come on and had to get the door locks repaired. This winter the heater went out but I have had this van for 11 1/2 years and it has never left me out in the street. The problems I am having are normal due to milage and age. I hope ford in the future build car that can run 200K with out problems. Like some of their competitors. Toyota or honda.

This was a very reliable car.

by from California on December 19, 2011

We bought a 2000 Windstar SE, in 2002, which was coming off of a corporate lease. It had 57,000 miles on it and was totaled in an accident at 130,600 miles. Some guy wasn?t paying attention and made an accordion out of the rear end. Over the 10 years we owned the vehicle, I feel it was a very dependable vehicle. It needed maintenance like any other vehicle. Parts wear out and need replacing. If you don't work on cars then it will be rather expensive having it fixed but this is true of all automobiles. They need taken care of and it's rather expensive if you have to have everything done by a mechanic. If you don?t repair it next thing you know you?re complaining about it being ?the worst car I ever owned?. Fortunately, I'm not in that situation. I was able to repair the majority of things myself. I?m in the market for another 2000-2002 Ford Windstar. My wife loves this vehicle and wants another one.

Never Again

by from Endicott, NY on March 4, 2011

We just took our 11 year old Windstar minivan to a dealership to get the inspection for the recall for corrosion on the vehicle subframe. We've just been informed that the vehicle is not salvageable and that the car is not drivable. That the engine, etc., could just fall right out as we are driving. Ford will extend us a refund. Although the refund amount is a smidgen higher than the Blue Book value, it will not cover the cost of a comparable vehicle for us. We have 5 days to accept their offer. There is absolutely no reason why a car slightly over 10 years old, which the dealer said is otherwise in great shape, should have to be scrapped. We just had the transmission relplaced last year at a dealership ($3K) and noone mentioned that there was a corrosion problem. I am outraged that I will now have to purchase another vehicle at a time when we can ill afford it. I will never again buy another Ford vehicle. FORD: Found On Road Dead

Great car

by from San Jose, CA on February 24, 2011

We have the 1995 windstar, then traded in for another 2000 windstar. Both of my kids, now 19 & 18, grew up in this car, so did our two dogs...daughter just crashed the car 30 days into getting the license...trying badly to get a replacement. The Freestar is not as good in design as the windstar. Great ride, good gas mileage, very reliable, and the best part is that both 2nd and 3rd row seats can be removed completely...it can haul tons of stuff, and when you have both seats removed, you end up with a very light vehicle and even better mileage...really wish Ford can heed my request: please make the back seats removable!