1992 Metro

1992 Geo Metro

1992 Geo Metro

4.3

Have you driven the 1992 Geo Metro?

The Best Car EVER!!

by Geo Reviewer from Machesney Park, Illinois on Sat Apr 12 2008

I own a 1992 Geo Metro that we have had bought new in '92. It has been the most reliabale car that I have owned, gets great gas mileage, and is very economical! I have always told friends that they need to get a Metro. Once i got the wheels balanced, rotated, and aligned it ran as smooth as the day that i bought it. I was actually able to get up to about 75 on the interstate without even knowing it! Bassicly I think that any Geo comes with something priceless, the gift of Geo ownership.

just a BLAST to have

by lucky metro convertible owner!!! from Colorado on Sat Sep 27 2008

This is your dream highschool car. Actually i have another car (2000 chevy s10 for school) but this car is sooo great. Got it for a good deal and they replaced everything that needed to be. I ALWAYS GET GAS MILEAGE IN THE HIGH 30s-40s!!!! Even with me being 17 years olg 6ft tall and a huge 399pounds it gets that mileage. It is a tight fit because of my fat but i can get in and out. Great handling from this car always. Would recommend this to anyone looking for any car....they should still make these!!

Loved My Geo

by carpeg from on Fri Nov 14 2008

The GEO Metro I had felt bigger inside than it looked from the outside. It ran well (a litle slow with pick up going over real mountains. Pretty teeny if two people need to sleep in it, parked in a stormy campground. My Metro always smiled at people. It may have been the friendliest car I ever owned.

Almost 50 MPG from a 15 year old car. WOW!

by GEO Driver from Wichita, Kansas on Tue Dec 05 2006

I have owned my Geo Metro 4 door for seven years. I love it. Overall it is reliable; however, it has always burned oil, about a quart every 1000 miles. Rides rough, high road noise level (roll the window down to reduce interior noise :-), and engine vibration lightly shakes car. Maintanance is easy due to simple construction and lightweight components. I have replaced the engine with a used engine and have had to remove the transmission to replace the clutch and throw-out bearing. Also I have replaced the CV shafts. These maintenance operations were performed using basic tools and the Hayes manual. I have kept fuel milage records and routinely get between 46 and 49 MPG, I got 49.7 on my best tank. Exterior rear door handles are weak and expensive ($100) when compared to the overall value of the car, so both of mine remain broken, and open from the inside only. Also, I get 'that look' at almost every stop light, and the other cars accelerates rapidly when the light changes to green, because NO ONE wants to be out run by a Metro (even soccer moms). Even old VWs try, but can't :-)

A BLAST TO DRIVE

by GEO JOE from ROCHESTER NY on Thu Aug 14 2014

BOUGHT 92 CONVERTIBLE JUNE OF 2013. 72000 MILES ON IT. NO JOKE. MAKE SURE YOU REPLACE THE TIMING BELT AT 60K. MINE BROKE AT 75000 GOT LUCKY NO DAMAGE TO ENGINE. THEY ARE INTERFERENCE ENGINES IT LOOKS GOOD NO RUST. STARTING TO BE A CLASSIC

Ugly...But nice!

by Great car! from Spoakane,Wa on Tue Mar 24 2009

I have owned this car since late 1991!And that was almost 18 years ago! It makes me feel like I was 72 when I bought it and sometimes young and hip! Very reliable!!There ha not been many probelems with this car!Although squishy and small it is fun to own and I hope it will last!!!

My Metro review

by Nick from Akron Oh on Sat Mar 05 2011

This car isn't comfy, fast but very eco friendly. I had one and it got forty two miles to the gallon.

3-cylinder skateboard

by Used to drive a Renault 5 from Milwaukee, WI on Fri Mar 23 2007

It's a hoot to drive, if you're comfortable with the idea of driving a go-kart with a roof and windshield. Gas mileage is great, but it probably helps to be "smaller-framed", as I am. The only thing I want to mention is a warning about the car's EGR valve. I read the Wiki entry on the Metro after I bought mine, which said that the EGR valve can plug up over time, causing engines to overheat. Sure enough, when I had my mechanic check mine, it *was* pretty clogged up. The time it takes to disassemble and clean one isn't a major expense, though. As long as you know about that one Achilles heel, I'd say go ahead and buy one, and happy motoring!

One of the best cars ive ever owned

by GeoMetroEnthusiast from Denver, Co on Sat Jun 02 2012

I have owned my 1992 geo metro XFI since new and it has given me 64mpg on the highway and 59 in the city. I have 2 Base models, 1 Lsi convertible and 3 XFi models. These cars has not given me any problems in the past 20 years I have owned them, the instrument clusters for them read over 250,000 kilometers. I have nothing but compliments to say about these cars. These vehicles are a great value and I would definitely recommend these cars.

Fillup at the Pump

by RDLink from Boerne, Texas on Mon Oct 10 2011

While others pour in $55 to $200 in at the pump, it's nice to see $26 when I'm done filling up. The look of envy is evident when I drive off and others are still pumping. Gotta love that!

1 2

Our Take on the 1992 Geo Metro

Cute. Inexpensive. High mileage. Top-down freedom.

That`s the Geo Metro convertible.

Tiny.

That`s also the Geo Metro convertible.

And one ``tiny`` on the negative side of the ledger offsets a whole bunch of positive features on the other side.

How small is a Geo Metro convertible?

It`s built on an 89.2-inch wheelbase and is 146.1 inches long. To enableyou to draw a mental picture, the Geo Metro convertible is about the size of acouch.

The Geo Metro drop-top seats two. That makes it cozy as well as cute. The top is manually operated. You lift it from the hinge with one hand and drop itinto the handy compartment in back. Then you slip the plastic swivel coverover the top and... Read More