1993 Prizm

4.7 out of 5 starsPerformance
3.7 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.3 out of 5 starsInterior Design

All Reviews

Never needed a major repair in 14 years.

by Geo Fan from Bronx. NY on April 10, 2007

Compared to my previous car, this GEO PRISM LSI never needed a major repair. It has been the most reliable car I have ever used. I have never needed to replace the clutch, or any part of the stainless steel exhaust system. The only repair I made was for the electric power window control which didn't work once and to change the tires. This car, a 5-speed manual, was fun to drive and had good pick up for a small car. The heat and air conditioner produce the correct temperature air quickly. The cloth upholstery has been very durable; it looks the same as the day I bought the car. At, 90,000 miles I feel the car has many more years to go. General Motors and Toyota produced this car together. It is the same car as the Toyota Corolla, yet if the Geo ever needed to be fixed it would be less expensive to repair than the Corolla I believe. Also, the power window is a hard top unlike today's cars which tend to be glass. Plus the outside door to the gas cap locks and can only be opened from the inside, unlike many new GM cars today. It was a very good buy. Reliable.

The Energizer Bunny

by Marc from on December 1, 2014

Outrageously reliable car. Never had any major repairs or issues with it in the 18 years we had it in our family. We drove it to 275,000 + miles, and only had to get rid of it because of rust. The thing just never quit! I've often considered buying another one.

14 years and the car is still running like new!!

by Geo Lover from Wilmington, DE on May 27, 2008

I have the 5 speed manual. It is good for a smaller family with 2 kids. It is a little small but that is the only downside. It is very reliable and it gets great gas mileage.(More then what the review says it gets!) Like I said in the title, my family and I have owned one for 14 years and it is still running like new. I personally love it and would recommend it for anyone.

Our Expert Review: 1993 Geo Prizm