1997 Geo Prizm

Most reliable car I've ever owned

by from Athens on July 23, 2017

I bought this car with 57000 miles on it, but I really wanted a corolla. The dealership had both but the corolla had 63000 miles and the backseat was tight. It never left me or my kids stranded. I drove it until around 125000 before it became the car for my first teenage driver until he went off to college. Grand parents gave him cadillac. Three years later my second teenage driver drove it until she went off to college and we replaced it with a yaris. I paid about $7000 at 3 years old. I sold ithe in 2007 for $1200. A great first car for beginning driver dependable and easy to maintain.

my little trooper

by from nashvrille, tn on December 25, 2015

As my first and only car my little geo was my best friend lol. At roughly 267000 miles of pure love, my geo had saved my life twice now. They are super sturdy little cars. They may not be flashy or have all the gadgets and shinies but they will serve you well if you take care of them.

Best Car Ever

by from Charlotte, NC on July 29, 2012

Ive owned my Prizm for ten years and its never left me stranded or gave me any major problems. I dread the day when I have to replaced it. I actually have a loaded LSi with the leather package, power everything including sunroof and the upscale sound system with cd and cassette players. Its been a wonderful car.

Cannot be beat!

by from Roanoke, VA on February 18, 2012

Anyone who rates this car less than 5 stars in all catogories is not rating the car fairly. Compared to any other car in its class it beats them all hands down! Is it as comfortable or quiet as a luxury car? No, because its not supposed to be. Does it have the power of a V8? Again, no because... But, this car is indestructible and gets PREMIUM gas mileage, which is NOT common in very many newer cars. I average 29-31 mpg city and 32-35 mpg hwy with 374k miles on the motor and the motor still runs PERFECTLY with the motor oil coming out at each oil change (every 5k miles) just as clear as when it went in. And with insurance less than $300 per year? There is not a better car on the road!

VERY RELIABLE CAR!

by from DUNDEE MI on June 30, 2011

BEST CAR EVER MAKE BY GEO/ CHEVY . THEY SHOULD OF NEVER STOP MAKING THEM. SORRY TO SAY MINE GOT HIT. LOOKING FOR ANOTHER 1.

good car for the money

by from nj on June 14, 2011

i've had this car for 5 years now and it keeps on truckin. i brought it 1500 bucks with 143000 miles on it and it has 208000 miles on it today. its a good car but horrible inside.

Just Say No

by from Michigan on January 19, 2010

Let me tell you that the Geo Prizm is a supringsly reliable car but then im sure your going to ask why i gave it a mere 2 stars? well this car is great until winter kicks in, my car had 160,000 miles (roughly) and ran great (for a geo) all summer long but as soon as fall and winter rolled around and it got colder the car started having a shutdown of everything you can imagine. rarely starts first try, accompanied by just clicking when trying to start it and if you can get it to start going the engine wont turn over unless you revv the car for like 10 minutes. Not to mention as stated before the geo prizm is also the rock bottom in customer conviences it comes with the most uncomfortable front and back seat ive ever ridden in and does not even come equip with a CD player. Another serious complaint is the headlights which reveal very little in the dark unless you have the brights on which are equivalent to a regular cars lights. Overall Geo is a No NO

Soul-less automobile

by from Wichita KS on May 28, 2008

The Geo Prizm isn't a bad car. If you are looking for a cheap and reliable way to get around town while getting decent gas milage, its perfect. For someone who doesn't care about what kind of car they drive, its perfect. Where the Prizm falls short is everything else. This car is NOT comfortable to ride in. The seats are hard on the back after an hour or two, and the cheap plastic parts rattle and buzz. On the highway, the interior noise is unbelievable, and the weak inline 4 makes acceleration a chore even on flat roads. The exterior is the classic 90's jellybean that every other cheap import had. In a dark parking lot, this car looks JUST like every other car. Pros: *Decent fuel economy, but nothing special by todays standards *Reliable: this car has ALWAYS started right up and required little maint. *Comfortable for SHORT drives *Inexpensive to buy Cons: *Cheap interior parts *VERY LITTLE comfort features (PW, PL, Cruise,) *Generic/boring design *Severely underpowered *Just a boring car to drive.

good starter car

by from seaside nj on May 5, 2008

i have a red geo prizm and its great. good on gas and i average about 31 per gallon. i have 161150 miles on it since i got it when it was 145000. As long u keep serviceing it the car should 250000 thousand miles

Very Good.

by from KY on January 31, 2007

I'm 14 and my boyfriend drives my car all the time. We drift sometimes in it. Very reliable car. Love it! <33

Our Expert Review: 1997 Geo Prizm