2011 Acadia

2011 GMC Acadia

2011 GMC Acadia

4.5

Have You Driven the 2011 GMC Acadia?

Nightmare

by Ben from Montreal, Canada on Mon Aug 18 2014

From all the cars i had, this is by far the worst i ever owned. Battery replaced, starter replaced, rack and pinion replaced, power steering replaced, evaporator replaced, rear shock absorber replaced and to top it all, engine replaced (under GMC warranty) Need i say more Wish you the best of luck for all of you owner's of a GMC Acadia

Love it

by mamasita from Parsippany, NJ on Sat Dec 04 2010

I had shopped for this car for months before deciding (SLT1). We decided to size down from a Ford Expedition but still needed the room. I love everything about the car except the gas mileage. I had read about that in all the other reviews but really loved this car compared to others in its class for everything else so that outweighed it. But yes the gas mileage is unfortunately terrible. Part of the reason was to go from an 8 cylinder to a 6 was to save on gas. Sadly this truck is not much different on gas than my 8 cylinder! And that is very disappointing. But the truck drives like a dream and fits my needs and I love all the bells and whistles I didn't have before. Rearview camera, power liftgate, heated seats, dvd, tri-zone climate, ipod campatability and much more.

Glorified Minivan

by CP from Hudson WI on Sat Aug 24 2013

Refuse to drive a minivan like me but also don't want a full sized SUV? This is the vehicle for you. It rides like a dream,, the engine is very powerful and does very well in in all weather conditions with AWD and is extremely quiet. We drove the Traverse, Acadia and Enclave, all are based on the same chasis/platform. The Traverse had the most pronounced road noise, followed by the Acadia and most quiet was the Enclave. My wife lobbied for the Enclave because of how unbelievably quiet it was and I admit it was awesome but I also still have the "Buicks are for old people complex" and am not quite ready for one at age 32. We have a 2011 SLT with AWD and drove it through a couple hard MN winters and it kicks ars In the snow. If you are considering a full sized SUV and thinking this vehicle is the way to go because it gets better gas mileage, that is not really so. My wife works in downtown and likes driving this much better when she's going into the office vs. our full sized SUV because it's easier to park in the ramp. "Regular" things I used to do myself on our older vehicles like change the head lights or change the air filter, forget about it, they've made this vehicle virtually impossible to maintain on your own without an arsenal of specialty tools. You need to remove the TIRES to get at the headlights. And the air filter, you'll need a 12" long screwdriver to get at the fasteners against the firewall. Those are the 2 things I tried to do by myself so I imagine changing the oil could be like trying to change out lenses on the Hubble Telescope. . I must be wrong, I thought the purpose of Engineering was to simplify and make things more efficient, not more complicated and more costly but that seems to be the way the auto industry is going in the interest of achieving their cosmetic design goals. If/when you buy an Acadia and if you have more than 2 kids, do not compromise on the quad seats, the accessibility to the 3rd row is invaluable. GMC (smartly) took a popular interior layout of a minivan and sculpted an "SUV" around it. If you detest minivans, and want a good crossover, I highly recommend this vehicle. We bought this was 30k miles on it and now have 60k miles with no major issues.

Worth Every Penny!!!

by BigFox from Las Vegas, NV on Mon Nov 14 2011

This is our second SUV that we have owned and we could not be happier!!! The GMC Acadia drives like a dream! I'm 6'5" and I have a ton of space in the drivers seat even while an adult sits behind me. We love the heated and cooled seats as well as the memory seating!!! We are just so happy with our new purchase!!! I did think that the Gas milage was a bit to be desired so I decided to change out the air filter with a K&N air filter and since then I have noticed that our milage has imporved by 4 mpg. I also noticed a bit more power after dropping in that new air filter.

Systemic AC and Heater Issues

by No Acadia for Me from Louisiana on Fri Jun 10 2016

I purchased a 2011 Acadia and was quite pleased with the vehicle at first... then the problems started. My major problems are the AC and the heater door. GMC knows there is a problem with them failing and have yet to address it. Even GMC technicians have said there is a systemic problem with the AC and the heater door. So if you live in an area that always has perfect temperature and no rain then this is the vehicle for you. Nice ride, attractive, horrible reliability, and problems GMC won't address all for a reasonably expensive vehicle. If you don't mind shelling out 2,000.00 to fix a known problem with no guarantee that it will work... have at it. Your money would be better spent on another vehicle.

Disapointed

by Mich from Utah on Wed Jul 30 2014

I purchased the GMC 2011 2WD Acadia a year old. For paying $30,000 for a US made vehicle I was disappointed. It looks fancy and it has passing power. But it spins it's wheels because it's too much for the vehicle. In three years we had it in the shop several times and never did figure out all the problems. It got a leak in the coolant tube and holding tank, studdering brakes in reverse, and studdering fuel. We took it in and had a flush which helped but then when we got home from that I got the fifth recall in the mail. That was it had enough. We did enjoy the size and the ease when it wasn't struggling. Not fuel efficient. It was ranked #2 behind the Oldsmobile when we decided to purchase it. There are a lot on the road. Good luck.

Hoping for the best

by GMC loyalist from Chicago, IL on Fri Jun 08 2012

I have had this car for a couple of months and have been very satisfied with it. It has a smooth ride and all the features my family needs. Very concerned about previous model years problems (Water leaks, transmission). Hoping GM finally resolved these issues. Previously owned Envoy XL Denali which had a softer feel, but the Acadia handles way better.

Super crossover SUV

by Liz from Nc on Wed Feb 27 2013

I love the size of this car. Much more fun to drive than a big SUV. Love the backup camera and auto lift gate.

Most Comfortable Car I've Ever Owned!!

by GMC Mama from on Wed Mar 07 2012

I never knew I could love a car so much! The Acadia is the most comfortable and roomy SUV ever. It has the room of a minivan but the style of a SUV. This is by far the best purchase we've ever made as a family.

All the toys and comfort too.

by Boomer Guy from Wisconsin on Mon Nov 26 2012

Just bought a used 2011 Acadia Denali and I love the car. Comfortable, lots of options, and it handles well. A little sluggish but then I traded it for a BMW 325 so it's definitely not a sports car. But it has lots of room and good towing capacity, looks great, and is very comfortable to drive. Could get a little better mileage but I guess averaging around 20 mpg isn't too bad for an SUV.

Uses car for Towing

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2011 GMC Acadia

As many SUVs have evolved into what some folks call crossovers, they have also morphed from utilitarian, truck-like vehicles into more luxurious ones. Some dedicated luxury brands have entered the market, while other automakers have spruced up their offerings to punch in this class. GMC falls into the latter category, introducing for 2011 its first luxury, Denali version of the Acadia crossover, which can seat seven or eight in three rows of seats.

While the Acadia Denali is a solid offering for this segment, it doesn't do enough to vault its way to the top of the class.

What Makes a Denali
The changes from a regular Acadia to a Denali are obvious from the outside, and they make the Acadia Denali look... Read More