2016 Canyon

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

016 Canyon

by Zeeman44 from NW Iowa on October 4, 2015

I had 3 midsized pickups before they stopped making 'Made in America' midsized trucks. My big truck just Didn't fit. Took too much room in the garage, hard to find a parking place, hard to get back out of parking place, took way too much gas! I waited one model year to decide it was GMC and am very happy with it. I really like the ride, it doesn't have the bump on concrete highways due to the longer wheelbase. Mileage is a lot better, being able to see around while driving, it is very 'spunky' so it may be a ticket getter. Interior has had some thought. Everything is handy. I am not small and there is plenty of room for me to drive, as a passenger it is very comfortable. I would recommend this unit to everyone, workers to owners, husbands to housewives.

Decent truck for the money

by JorgMcKie from Metro Detroit on November 15, 2015

Overall it's great. It is enough wider, longer, and higher off the ground than my old Chevy S-10 that it's not as convenient to use for small stuff. As an older guy with back problems I find it a bit high for ease of entry. I got a kind of basic contractor model --V-6, trailering pkg and not much else. The ride is comfortable even on long drives. Pretty quiet interior. Good gas mileage. The design for the radio is a bit off. Maybe because it's the base radio. The std power seat isn't as useful as it sounds. That detracts some from the comfort. The extended cab seats are pretty useless except for small children on short rides and don't really allow for storing useful items like a small tool set, a tow cable, jumper cables, or a first aid kit. And they don't come out. All things considered though, if you want a 'small' truck for light hauling duty but mostly for short driving it's ggod value for the money.

Truck with compact car capabilities!

by Gear-Grinder retired!!! from Clearlake,Ca. on May 8, 2017

2016 Base 2.5L 4 cylinder, auto 6- speed trans. no frills extended cab, base truck( dont need leather heated seats) and liked the price of $26.5 out the door and its what I`ve been looking for, its bigger than small size pickup and a little smaller than the full size for a big man like my self 260 ibs. who drove big rigs trucks for many of years, fits just right and also in my garage, i really liked that you can have a mid size truck that looks like a full size truck and with a 4 cylinder motor which lags sometimes when the transmission cant find the right gear for the road, just keep your foot on the gas pedal and bank your $$$ in the bank! that you saved, It towed my 18.5 ft. 3500 ibs. boat locally, I recommend V6 ($1700 more?) for any kind of serious towing, overall i purchase a truck with a small car gas saving capabilities.

A Mark of Excellence-2016 GMC Canyon

by Midsize Truck Fan from Illinois on September 17, 2016

I love this vehicle. It's everything I wanted in a truck (full or midsize). Very satisfied with my purchase and definitely would recommend this vehicle to others.

Great buy

by Mrchen from Atlanta on March 9, 2017

I bought a leftover 2016 base model extendedcab for 20G Good looking good riding truck Very happy with this truck 20-27 mpg

Great little truck

by Truck guy from Denver, CO on February 19, 2016

Most new pickups are way too large. The GMC Canyon is just right - the way pickups used to be before they became behemoths. I love the truck and get lots of compliments on it. The only thing I don't care for is that the drivers seat does not have an adjustment that will tilt the seat forward like my Acadia does. This makes it less comfortable that the Acadia on longer drives.

Liked it so much upgraded from 2015 to 2016 Canyon

by Rich D fishing fool from shorewood, ill on February 18, 2017

I currently have a 2016 canyon SLE had a 2015 Canyon with 17K on it Wanted a few more options. I have a v6 crew cab getting great gas mileage on my trip to Florida. When i go fishing it tows my 19 foot Bass Boat very easily. I would recommend one to any one. Only problem I have is i selected a 5 ft bed so it will fit in the garage with my boat, the problem being my fishing poles don't fit, Darn.

by RodG from Yellow Springs, OH on May 26, 2016

Y'all should not require a reliability rating on a brand new - how do I know? GMC needs to go a bit further. I wanted a pickup that is not a behemoth but would let me haul 4x8 sheets and 4 people. In order to get the Canyon with full cab AND the larger bed I had to custom order it. And, while they claim that they want to "own" the luxury PU market, they do not offer the luxury of one of my previous pickups - no garage door opener, no cool seats, and I have to use my key in the ignition. That said, of all that is available today, this is the closest to what I want and I like it very much.

Cute looking truck

by Sports grandma from Fallon, NV on September 4, 2017

The problem with this truck is it doesn't accelerate fast enough when you try to get up speed, it has a hesitation around 25-30 miles per hour when trying to pass other cars or trying to get onto freeway. Could have used a slightly bigger engine for the weight.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great vehicle

by Truck lover from Leavenworth, Kansas on January 23, 2016

I have owned all kinds of pick ups and work Vans. Ford, Toyota, Chevrolet, and GMC. This truck is awesome. It is exactly what I have been looking for in a truck. Great gas mileage, comfortable, and good looking. Drawbacks, entry to drivers side is not smooth, the steering wheel does not tilt high enough for me to slip in easily. I have a knee replaced. Once in, ok. Too many safety options missing with some models, the sensors for parking, backup etc. were an option, thought it was standard, did not think to look or ask. Some options should be standard, sensors for backup, heated mirrors, and blind spot assist. Otherwise a great vehicle, my fault for not asking about the items I did not get.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

1 2 3 4 5