2016 Gmc Canyon

016 Canyon

by from NW Iowa on October 4, 2015

I had 3 midsized pickups before they stopped making 'Made in America' midsized trucks. My big truck just Didn't fit. Took too much room in the garage, hard to find a parking place, hard to get back out of parking place, took way too much gas! I waited one model year to decide it was GMC and am very happy with it. I really like the ride, it doesn't have the bump on concrete highways due to the longer wheelbase. Mileage is a lot better, being able to see around while driving, it is very 'spunky' so it may be a ticket getter. Interior has had some thought. Everything is handy. I am not small and there is plenty of room for me to drive, as a passenger it is very comfortable. I would recommend this unit to everyone, workers to owners, husbands to housewives.

Great little truck

by from Denver, CO on February 19, 2016

Most new pickups are way too large. The GMC Canyon is just right - the way pickups used to be before they became behemoths. I love the truck and get lots of compliments on it. The only thing I don't care for is that the drivers seat does not have an adjustment that will tilt the seat forward like my Acadia does. This makes it less comfortable that the Acadia on longer drives.

Decent truck for the money

by from Metro Detroit on November 15, 2015

Overall it's great. It is enough wider, longer, and higher off the ground than my old Chevy S-10 that it's not as convenient to use for small stuff. As an older guy with back problems I find it a bit high for ease of entry. I got a kind of basic contractor model --V-6, trailering pkg and not much else. The ride is comfortable even on long drives. Pretty quiet interior. Good gas mileage. The design for the radio is a bit off. Maybe because it's the base radio. The std power seat isn't as useful as it sounds. That detracts some from the comfort. The extended cab seats are pretty useless except for small children on short rides and don't really allow for storing useful items like a small tool set, a tow cable, jumper cables, or a first aid kit. And they don't come out. All things considered though, if you want a 'small' truck for light hauling duty but mostly for short driving it's ggod value for the money.

Liked it so much upgraded from 2015 to 2016 Canyon

by from shorewood, ill on February 18, 2017

I currently have a 2016 canyon SLE had a 2015 Canyon with 17K on it Wanted a few more options. I have a v6 crew cab getting great gas mileage on my trip to Florida. When i go fishing it tows my 19 foot Bass Boat very easily. I would recommend one to any one. Only problem I have is i selected a 5 ft bed so it will fit in the garage with my boat, the problem being my fishing poles don't fit, Darn.

A Mark of Excellence-2016 GMC Canyon

by from Illinois on September 17, 2016

I love this vehicle. It's everything I wanted in a truck (full or midsize). Very satisfied with my purchase and definitely would recommend this vehicle to others.

Great buy

by from Atlanta on March 9, 2017

I bought a leftover 2016 base model extendedcab for 20G Good looking good riding truck Very happy with this truck 20-27 mpg

2016 GMC Canyon

by from Yellow Springs, OH on May 26, 2016

Y'all should not require a reliability rating on a brand new - how do I know? GMC needs to go a bit further. I wanted a pickup that is not a behemoth but would let me haul 4x8 sheets and 4 people. In order to get the Canyon with full cab AND the larger bed I had to custom order it. And, while they claim that they want to "own" the luxury PU market, they do not offer the luxury of one of my previous pickups - no garage door opener, no cool seats, and I have to use my key in the ignition. That said, of all that is available today, this is the closest to what I want and I like it very much.

Great vehicle

by from Leavenworth, Kansas on January 23, 2016

I have owned all kinds of pick ups and work Vans. Ford, Toyota, Chevrolet, and GMC. This truck is awesome. It is exactly what I have been looking for in a truck. Great gas mileage, comfortable, and good looking. Drawbacks, entry to drivers side is not smooth, the steering wheel does not tilt high enough for me to slip in easily. I have a knee replaced. Once in, ok. Too many safety options missing with some models, the sensors for parking, backup etc. were an option, thought it was standard, did not think to look or ask. Some options should be standard, sensors for backup, heated mirrors, and blind spot assist. Otherwise a great vehicle, my fault for not asking about the items I did not get.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Very nice truck

by from Rockledge, Florida on October 28, 2015

Nice truck which will be used to tow behind our motorhome. Hope is provides the mileage and durability we are looking for.

Uses car for Towing

Not a family hauler

by from NC on August 31, 2016

I purchased a 2016 GMC Canyon Base (Crew-4Cyl) in April 2016. After taking a trip and driving back and for to work I came to a decent conclusion...Gas mileage is not great for the 4-cyl (I traded in August for Eco-Boost F150 that is getting about the same mileage) and there is NO backseat space. A 2 year old in a traditional car seat has her feet in the seatback in front of her. It did get good gas mileage on HWY 12 at OBX NC, but we were driving exactly 55 for about 45 minutes.

Our Expert Review: 2016 Gmc Canyon