2002 GMC Envoy consumer reviews

$29,375–$31,600 MSRP range
side view of 2002 Envoy GMC
Explore the 2002 GMC Envoy

My wife and i both have envoys

Love this size vehicle. I traded a gmc yukon for this one. No regrets. Worth giving up any truck for.

My wife and i both have envoys

Love My Envoy

Had it for 15 years and love it! Am selling my vehicle now only because we were able to purchase a newer vehicle from a family member.

4.3

The best SUV i have ever owned

very comfortable nice ride best looks compared to any other SUV very powerful straight 6 engine not so great on gas mileage.

4.0

Great All around SUV

Great ride comfort, powerful 4.2 engine with good towing and acceleration. easy to use electronic controls. great sound system. feel of driving experience is good. good traction and turning capabilities. Comes with computer center for Gas miledge and any Engine hazard warnings along with oil status and battery charge levels. Only Negative about the Vehicle was Gas mileage.

2.3

WORSE CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED

Would not recommend this car for anyone had many problems most reoccurring I have had to put 3 air conditioner compressors in ( which just broke again ) pulley' s always going out, put a new engine in cause the chain inside the engine broke and bent 4 of my pistons, radiator went out 3 times already, wiring under the floor board broke melted all my wires together ( took them 3 weeks to figure that problem out ) WORSE CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED DON'T BUY THIS CAR

Solid Ride

Bought an 02 Envoy from a used car dealership. Was in great condition aside from the 6 CD changer being jammed. It's definitely a car i see myself driving for years to come.

2002 Envoy. Reliable purchase.

Attractive features: This 2002 GMC envoy (blue) with just less than 150,000 miles and 270-horse power has several features which drivers of all ages would find appealing. This vehicle includes 5 available seats, 2 front heated seats, an automatic transmission, and a 6-cylinder engine that offers a quiet and comfortable ride. The dash interior comes with a stock CD changer; two power outlets, no sunroof included in the specific model, but does come included with power-adjustable seats. Review: I have no problem giving this vehicle five stars out of five stars. This early 2000?s model gives back seat riders a great amount of legroom, and is a wonderful vehicle to take the whole family in on long car rides. In between the two front seats there?s two cup holders. The back seat also includes two pull down cup holders that will hold any size cup or drink. I purchased this SUV with just over 100,000 miles on it and I?ve never purchased a more reliable vehicle. This vehicle has never been in an accident and does have two dents in the rear trunk door; otherwise there is no cosmetic damage. The SUV comes with a ball and hitch and is very good for towing. When not towing, this vehicle will get around 22 miles to the gallon. When towing, depending on the size of your load, the vehicle can get anywhere from 13 to 18 miles per gallon. The four-wheel drive comes in very handy if you live in an area where it snows in the winter and even without the four-wheel drive on, it does pretty well in snow. The size of this vehicle is smaller than your standard pickup truck, yet big enough to haul a trailer or small family with room to spare. The back seats fold down to allow the entire trunk to become open which you can use to transport numerous items that wouldn?t fit otherwise. Many consumers worry that the SUV is a 6 cylinder and not a V-8. In my opinion, the 6 cylinder has enough power and as a result, produces an extremely smooth ride. The main console is a bit undersized but the vehicle has no other major inconveniences. Although this model was discontinued in 2009, I wouldn?t hesitate to purchase another one with less mileage on it.

Well rounded vehicle

I've had my 2002 GMC Envoy SLT for about 2 months now, and it has been great. With about 93,000 miles on it, the straight 6 cylinder engine still provides a healthy amount of power, so you can feel all 270 horses, and hear a throaty growl as you give it gas. The handling gives the driver a superior feeling of control and stability. The four speed automatic transmission is smooth shifting and reliable.The two-tone leather interior supplies a luxurious and sophisticated feel for an American SUV, and the suspension delivers a smooth ride. The SLT trim is equipped with a 6 speaker Bose audio system, which includes an FM/AM radio and a 6-disc CD player, and provides a sonorous effect with deep base and precise treble. The additional features of quickly heating seats and a fast A/C also add to the vehicle's list of good qualities. The 4 wheel drive is another great feature in this vehicle, especially in the extremes of Michigan weather. The versatility of the vehicle is another thing to boast about. The back row of seats easily folds down to allow a huge amount of space that could accommodate for a variety of products, from plants to tools to furniture. The exterior styling gives off a very masculine vibe, especially with the addition of 17 inch chrome wheels, and the lowering effect of the running boards. Although the front has a somewhat "friendly" face to it as opposed to its cousin the Trailblazer, it is still very appealing to the eye. Mechanically, the vehicle has presented no problems for me at all. The only thing replaced thus far has been the windshield, tire hoist, and all four tires, which are all common used car teething problems. The only possible negative feature of this vehicle that I can muster up is that the middle console is a bit on the smaller side, but this is just a small inconvenience that is overcome by the car's positive attributes. This vehicle is a great value for the money that it is worth; so much that is nearly a steal. Not a bad first car, in my opinion.

ENVOY 2002

I owned a 2003 ENVOY. I purchased a 2002 ENVOY, because of how great of a vehicle this SUV is. The place I purchased this vehicle from was fantastic. This SUV runs like a brand new SUV. I LOVE IT. The HIX MOTOR COMPANY in JACKSONVILLE, NC. sold me the ENVOY. The price was low, and the staff treated me as if I was a VIP. Nice clean car dealership, nice friendly staff willing to work with me to get this vehicle. I will buy all my future vehicles from HIX MOTORS COMPANY in JACKSONVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA