2003 Gmc Envoy

2003 GMC Envoy xlt

by from nashville, TN on March 18, 2014

Bought this new and now has over 180,000 miles. Has been used by my 3 children's as their first car after I passed in on....amazingly only things I had to fix was to have the transmission rebuilt after 150,000 and alternator at 165,000. Horribly gas mileage ( 12 to 14) but perfect if you don't want them going to far ;) Has been on numerous cross country trips and with the big v8 it has towed everything from, jet skis, boats, and uhaul trailers...it has been a tank. All 3 kids now have their own cars but still keep this because it is so dependable

Versatile SUV for Business or Sporting

by from Iowa City, IA on March 2, 2009

I have really enjoyed my 2003 GMC Envoy. This is the third Envoy (formerly Jimmy series) that I have owned. It has been an excellent vehicle for kayaking (rooftopped an 18' tandem with no problems), towing my fishing boat, backwoods camping, and getting to the best fishing spots. I am also a professional/educator and the vehicle cleans up very nicely for business travel and the daily drive. I have driven clients and colleagues in the vehicle and it is comfortable and very nice-looking. It actually gets very good gas mileage (about 20 mpg for highway driving) and is quite reliable. It handles very well in Iowa's icy/snowy weather and I always felt in control. The 4WD/AWD selector is great for picking the proper level of traction. I have listed my GMC for sale because I now have a very short commute (1 mile) and we are going down to one vehicle total. However, I have enjoyed it quite a bit and I hope its next owner does too.

2003 Envoy SLE (modified)

by from Anthony, FL on August 18, 2010

I am the proud owner since new of a 2003 Envoy SLE in Monterey Maroon w/ camel interior. I call him Merlot. I LOVE THIS SUV. I have been a GM fan all my life and have been in just about every car from BMW to Mercedes. My late hubby was a Master Parts Mgr for a GM dealership so I got lots of different cars to drive. I drove the Saturn Vue, and a couple other SUV's before my purchase of Merlot & let me tell you - this is by far the best SUV on the market. Solidly built with a frame that can withstand a heck of a hit, the horsepower to get you out of a jam or just let your lead foot enjoy the speed. I put a K&N filter on him & changed out the pipe to a 3 inch all the way up & gained 10-15 more horsepower as well as better fuel economy. On average 18-19 city. Its like a horse people if they can breath freely they perform better. I have never had any mechanical difficulties from him and he is still riding like NEW. I of course do the mobil 1 synthetic oil and he has had a 100K change of the fuel filter and plugs. I was looking at a Subaru Baja the other week and while it was a "nice car/mini truck" it just doesn't have the stuff to make me give up my trusted steed. In short I think I'll be driving my Merlot until he no longer can fire up and go. And so far we've had over 116K miles of happy driving together. If you have a chance to purchase one of these SUV's my opinion is to DO IT. You will not regret doing so. HAPPY TRAILS!!!

WOW

by from Tulsa, OK on August 21, 2006

Unbelievable Comfort and Luxury! The inside is Incredible! The outside is Georgeous! The owner has obviously taken excellent care of the entire vehical. I had my mechanic friend take a look under the hood, and he also said, "WOW"! When we drove it, we felt like we were floating. You can not hear anything outside, and can not feel the road. I wish I could buy this, but I already have 4 other SUV's...and my husband says I'm "not allowed". Ugh!

2003 Envoy

by from Olympia, Washington on April 23, 2012

I got a 2003 Envoy about two weeks ago and so far it's been doing great. The down side for me is the mileage that it gets in town (about 14mpg). It seems very solid with alot of neat little doodads.

Beautiful car inside and out!

by from Paoli, IN on November 28, 2016

I bought a used Blue 2003 Gmc Envoy SLT off an individual. I fell in love with the exterior/interior and everything about the vehicle. It also has leather seats and wood paneling and thats what i was looking for in a vehicle. Its a GREAT running vehicle too. Im very happy with it!

I still like driving it

by from Cottage Grove, MN on September 7, 2017

I have owned this SUV for 14+ years and 255,000 miles, and still like to drive it. It has been reliable on the highway, commuting, and towing trailers to/from college for my kids.

A tough SUV

by from Cottage Grove, MN on September 17, 2017

Owned mine for over 15 years. Reliable, good towing capability, just keeps running. Racked up over 255K miles and still going!

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Comfortable and reliable!

by on August 13, 2017

We bought our 2003 GMC Envoy used from a family member, and knew that we were buying well maintained and reliable vehicle. I am 6'3" and the leg room in the driver's seat was very nice. Most smaller SUVs don't have much head space or cargo space, but the 2003 Envoy has both! My car experience has been that Honda's and Toyotas are the most reliable, but this Envoy ranks right up there. We drove it up until 236,000 miles and when we sold it the engine was still running strong!

Great car to own

by from Connecticut on July 13, 2017

I received my 2003 gmc from my grandfather just over a year ago. Since then it has reached 206,500 miles. I have only had to replace small things such as upper and lower ball joints and tie rod ends. The water pump and fan cluch have been replaced as well. I have towed many times with it and it tows pretty good. It has lasted 14 years so far, with minimal repairs. It is still on its original transmission, and the thermostat is stuck open, but she keeps going. The only problem I have with it is a starting problem that the engine turns over but won't start every once in a while, and no one can seem to figure out what it is, but she has been a tank and keeps picking through. Would recommend this car to anyone.

Our Expert Review: 2003 Gmc Envoy