2003 Envoy

2003 GMC Envoy

$372 - $9,452  MSRP Range
2003 GMC Envoy

4.1

Have You Driven the 2003 GMC Envoy?

2003 GMC Envoy xlt

by joemac5280 from nashville, TN on Tue Mar 18 2014

Bought this new and now has over 180,000 miles. Has been used by my 3 children's as their first car after I passed in on....amazingly only things I had to fix was to have the transmission rebuilt after 150,000 and alternator at 165,000. Horribly gas mileage ( 12 to 14) but perfect if you don't want them going to far ;) Has been on numerous cross country trips and with the big v8 it has towed everything from, jet skis, boats, and uhaul trailers...it has been a tank. All 3 kids now have their own cars but still keep this because it is so dependable

Beautiful car inside and out!

by Anthony S from Paoli, IN on Mon Nov 28 2016

I bought a used Blue 2003 Gmc Envoy SLT off an individual. I fell in love with the exterior/interior and everything about the vehicle. It also has leather seats and wood paneling and thats what i was looking for in a vehicle. Its a GREAT running vehicle too. Im very happy with it!

Versatile SUV for Business or Sporting

by GMC Enthusiast from Iowa City, IA on Mon Mar 02 2009

I have really enjoyed my 2003 GMC Envoy. This is the third Envoy (formerly Jimmy series) that I have owned. It has been an excellent vehicle for kayaking (rooftopped an 18' tandem with no problems), towing my fishing boat, backwoods camping, and getting to the best fishing spots. I am also a professional/educator and the vehicle cleans up very nicely for business travel and the daily drive. I have driven clients and colleagues in the vehicle and it is comfortable and very nice-looking. It actually gets very good gas mileage (about 20 mpg for highway driving) and is quite reliable. It handles very well in Iowa's icy/snowy weather and I always felt in control. The 4WD/AWD selector is great for picking the proper level of traction. I have listed my GMC for sale because I now have a very short commute (1 mile) and we are going down to one vehicle total. However, I have enjoyed it quite a bit and I hope its next owner does too.

WOW

by Nerby from Tulsa, OK on Mon Aug 21 2006

Unbelievable Comfort and Luxury! The inside is Incredible! The outside is Georgeous! The owner has obviously taken excellent care of the entire vehical. I had my mechanic friend take a look under the hood, and he also said, "WOW"! When we drove it, we felt like we were floating. You can not hear anything outside, and can not feel the road. I wish I could buy this, but I already have 4 other SUV's...and my husband says I'm "not allowed". Ugh!

2003 Envoy SLE (modified)

by Merlot's owner from Anthony, FL on Wed Aug 18 2010

I am the proud owner since new of a 2003 Envoy SLE in Monterey Maroon w/ camel interior. I call him Merlot. I LOVE THIS SUV. I have been a GM fan all my life and have been in just about every car from BMW to Mercedes. My late hubby was a Master Parts Mgr for a GM dealership so I got lots of different cars to drive. I drove the Saturn Vue, and a couple other SUV's before my purchase of Merlot & let me tell you - this is by far the best SUV on the market. Solidly built with a frame that can withstand a heck of a hit, the horsepower to get you out of a jam or just let your lead foot enjoy the speed. I put a K&N filter on him & changed out the pipe to a 3 inch all the way up & gained 10-15 more horsepower as well as better fuel economy. On average 18-19 city. Its like a horse people if they can breath freely they perform better. I have never had any mechanical difficulties from him and he is still riding like NEW. I of course do the mobil 1 synthetic oil and he has had a 100K change of the fuel filter and plugs. I was looking at a Subaru Baja the other week and while it was a "nice car/mini truck" it just doesn't have the stuff to make me give up my trusted steed. In short I think I'll be driving my Merlot until he no longer can fire up and go. And so far we've had over 116K miles of happy driving together. If you have a chance to purchase one of these SUV's my opinion is to DO IT. You will not regret doing so. HAPPY TRAILS!!!

2003 Envoy

by SUV Daddy from Olympia, Washington on Mon Apr 23 2012

I got a 2003 Envoy about two weeks ago and so far it's been doing great. The down side for me is the mileage that it gets in town (about 14mpg). It seems very solid with alot of neat little doodads.

I still like driving it

by JOSails from Cottage Grove, MN on Thu Sep 07 2017

I have owned this SUV for 14+ years and 255,000 miles, and still like to drive it. It has been reliable on the highway, commuting, and towing trailers to/from college for my kids.

Comfortable and reliable!

by Financeman17 on Sun Aug 13 2017

We bought our 2003 GMC Envoy used from a family member, and knew that we were buying well maintained and reliable vehicle. I am 6'3" and the leg room in the driver's seat was very nice. Most smaller SUVs don't have much head space or cargo space, but the 2003 Envoy has both! My car experience has been that Honda's and Toyotas are the most reliable, but this Envoy ranks right up there. We drove it up until 236,000 miles and when we sold it the engine was still running strong!

very clean for being an 03 and Ohio car

by Charlotte on Thu Oct 19 2017

We were looking for a winter car to take to Florida and leave and we had a piece range and size we were looking for. After talking with John he pointed us to car that fit our needs. Big enough and up off the ground to slide in and out of it has just the right features we wanted and and easy for my elderly mom to get in and out of. Plenty of leg room and 2 heater/air controls for both front seat occupant to be comfortable. Fold down seats so we can haul larger and longer items and even individual controls for heated seats. This car is great for what we needed.

A tough SUV

by JOSails from Cottage Grove, MN on Sun Sep 17 2017

Owned mine for over 15 years. Reliable, good towing capability, just keeps running. Racked up over 255K miles and still going!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2003 GMC Envoy

Options? Who needs more options when it comes to buying a sport utility vehicle?

Glut wouldn't begin to characterize the market these days. Gobs of competition might fit.

Turn a corner and you run into SUVs. Turn around and you back into them. So what did General Motors do when it unveiled its latest round of enhancements on its Envoy?

Why, it provided more options. And it's exactly what we've been waiting for. GMC didn't revamp its Envoy when it rolled it out for a new year, it gave you a few more choices. In that way, the automaker's best mid-size ride just got a whole lot better. Tons of family coming to town? Midway through last year GM introduced the possibility of seven-passenger seating... Read More