2005 Envoy

2005 GMC Envoy

2005 GMC Envoy

4.1

Have You Driven the 2005 GMC Envoy?

Amazing

by GRM from Indianapolis on Sun Nov 26 2017

This had 235,000 miles on it when I gave it to my son, still going strong, it is a very solid car. No problems of any king, in 2013 bought another GMC and still driving it

LOVE this car.

by Frannie59 from Leola, PA on Fri Jul 14 2017

This vehicle is stylish, comfortable, smooth, easy on gas. It was purchased to tow our travel trailer RV. Great engine, powerful. Very happy I purchased it.

Uses car for Towing

The Biggest Rip Off

by Great Lake from Vanceboro, NC on Fri Jul 06 2007

I purchased a new Envoy in 2005. Within two years I have had ignition trouble, wires burning in the dash, a blower that did not work, and I had to replace the alternator. The alternator went out just after my warranty expired. On the interior, the paint on the stereo chipped within the first few months. When I started having trouble with my car I did a search on line for 2005 GMC Envoy recalls. I was surprised to find that there were three recalls that pertained to my particular car that I had no idea about. I was really happy with the car until I started having problems. For the size of the vehicle it has rather good gas mileage and is very attractive. However, these few positive aspects of the car do not outweigh all of the other problems that I have had. For this to be a brand new car I am rather disappointed in the quality.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great SUV for WINTER handling...

by 4WD for Winter! from Pompton Plains on Tue Nov 18 2008

So many features and options included in the Denali edition. 4WD or 2WD options are nice to conserve gas when 4WD is not needed. Seat heaters work excellent and the touch screen radio / nav are very user friendly. Acceleration and handling is great. Great pickup and MPG of 15 - 17 is excellent compared to the 12-14 category for most Explorers, Trailblazers, Range Rovers, etc.

GOOD SUV, POOR MILEAGE

by JEREMY from LOUISIANA on Wed Apr 09 2008

Ii HAVE HAD MY ENVOY FOR ABOUT TWO YEARS AND WE REALLY LIKE OUR SUV. MY WIFE AND I CAN'T STAND THE HORRIBLE GAS MILEAGE. WE HAVE EXPERIENCED ABOUT 12-14 MILES PER GALLON. i WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE BECAUSE FOR THE SAME PRICE YOU COULD GET INTO AN ACADIA.

Does not recommend this car!!

2005 Envoy the best

by GMC lover from Florida on Tue Sep 29 2009

I love my Envoy however I think it is overpriced new so if you can wait and get a 1 or 2 yr old with low miles you would get a better value. NOTHING but a Lincoln/Mercedes has the same or better ride.

The most reliable car ever.

by Marina from Acton california on Wed Sep 20 2017

We purchased this SUV 12 years ago, new, and enjoyed every minute of it. Very sturdy, comfortable and reliable, it never gave us any problems. Currently it has 217,000 miles and is still going strong. This great car is a true working horse!

A FAIR MARKET VALUE ON A GOOD SUV.

by TheEnvoy from Tallahassee on Wed Sep 13 2017

Since this suv is extremely comfortable and quite spacious, it is great for road trips, commutes, and business travels. Relatively speaking, the asking price is "below" fair market value, given its low milage and running condition. The only reason it is being sold is due to financial necessity.

I love this car!!

by Pint from MN on Wed Dec 07 2016

I don't know why they stopped making them! I am ready to purchase another SUV and I can't find anything that has this much room and 4WD!! It sure is a life saver in the winter! This is the next best thing to a truck!!

My Denali

by 4x4 cars from United Arab Emirates, Al Ain on Thu May 11 2006

I have the Denali 4x4 for more than five months now. It's a great car in general in my place in UAE. You can't see it everywhere, so people will keep look at you. It's a nice car in it shape. But the problem is that our dealer does not provide all the accessories that a customer might add to the car. Because the car needs a lot of improvement in order to make it better. First, I have tried the car on the sands in my country. It's not easy to drive a 4x4 car in our land. You need a high car, while the Denali is almost like salons. The car has a very good engine. It's very powerful car. But it didn't give the right performance, not because the engine, but because the shape of the car and its high. Second, in order to give my self the chance to improve my car capabilities, I was looking for bigger wheel size. 17 inch is not enough at all. At least 18 inch, or if I could have 20 inch wheels it will look fantastic. But the problem is that I don't know how that will affect the car in general. So I need more information about the disadvantages that might appear later. Third, the suspension needs to be changed also to a longer one. Not touch, but in a way that makes the car in off road situations. Again I don't have enough information about that. Forth, I wish that our dealer can provide some upgrade stuff for the Denali. It's a very powerful car as I said, but it can more powerful. I am very happy with my car. The Japanese car can't race me. The 300 hps are giving the car a very strong performance in all situations. But there are some things that I didn't like in American cars in general. The quality of the car is not that much good. The Denali for example, front bumper is very weak. You can see the lights shaking while driving on bad roads. The rubbers on the doors and windows are weak also under the sun heat. In my country the sun is the first challenge for the car. The gear makes a strong sound when it shifts from 2 to 3. And there are some other things as will. On the other hand, the A/C in my Denali is very good and works well so far. The car is fast and it pulls you back when u hit the acceleration. It's enough for me that people call me now as Mr. Denali.

1 2

Our Take on the 2005 GMC Envoy

Hard to imagine that GMC has been using the Denali name on premium sport utes for eight model years now, but it's true, and the Denali family keeps growing: For 2005, there's a GMC Envoy Denali, and it's pretty much like Denalis before it -- essentially the same as non-Denali models, but nicer.

The original Denali -- that's the native name for Alaska's Mount McKinley -- was a full-size Yukon model, GMC's twin to the Chevrolet Tahoe. While mechanically similar, the Denali versions are downright loaded, with lots of leather and wood and standard features that would otherwise be optional. That's the case with the Envoy Denali. And like other Denali models, it has some minor exterior updates, plus the... Read More