2005 Envoy

2005 GMC Envoy

2005 GMC Envoy

4.2

Have You Driven the 2005 GMC Envoy?

Most comfortable car I've owned

by Sands61 from Stockton, CA on Thu Oct 10 2019

I love Charlie that's what I call my 2005 Envoy. It rides wonderfully and is very reliable for the most part. Although, I wouldn't purchase the 2005 or 2006 Envoy again. The 2006 has at least been recalled for faulty headlight problem and not the recall for the 2005 light problem. The 2005 Envoy is experiencing the same problem the 2006 was recalled for the headlights go out by itself while driving. Some have lost complete power. I was driving at night on the freeway just after I bought Charlie when the lights just went out. Tried flashers they didn't work either. I was making my way to the get to the exit and the lights just came back on. I was terrified and got off at the next exit. Luckily it was late and there was hardly any traffic. It happened two more times. I've reported it to NTHSA. The 2006 has a recall for the same problem yet the 2005 has yet to be recalled. It hasn't happened in a while, thank goodness. My most recent problem and scare happened again on the freeway this time just as 5 o'clock traffic hit. As I was driving my car went from 65 mph to 10 mph. I hit my flashers and got to the shoulder where I waited as the cars speed by shaking my car as they passed. I waited about 10 mins and tried my car again. I made it off the freeway and made it home. I'm waiting on the part now. Had I not experienced these problems I'd have no problem buying another GMC vehicle. Hopefully there will be no more surprises.

Does not recommend this car!!

Awesome vehicle without maintenance costs!!

by Dudeextrem from Bellaire, OH on Wed Dec 12 2018

This has been an awesome vehicle that has been great to own and has never left us stranded!! Amazing car and great in the snow too!!

Great Vehicle!

by brybon from Waterville, Maine on Thu Jun 21 2018

Very comfortable and reliable vehicle. Have had it for 4 years and aside from brakes, oil changes, and tires, have had to do no other repairs.

Carol (my SUV)

by Lookin4majik from Soquel, CALIFORNIA on Thu Apr 02 2020

This is the best Car I have ever owned. She has never let me down and the in-line 6 cylinder engine has been very reliable.

Amazing

by GRM from Indianapolis on Sun Nov 26 2017

This had 235,000 miles on it when I gave it to my son, still going strong, it is a very solid car. No problems of any king, in 2013 bought another GMC and still driving it

The most reliable car ever.

by Marina from Acton california on Wed Sep 20 2017

We purchased this SUV 12 years ago, new, and enjoyed every minute of it. Very sturdy, comfortable and reliable, it never gave us any problems. Currently it has 217,000 miles and is still going strong. This great car is a true working horse!

GOOD SUV, POOR MILEAGE

by JEREMY from LOUISIANA on Wed Apr 09 2008

Ii HAVE HAD MY ENVOY FOR ABOUT TWO YEARS AND WE REALLY LIKE OUR SUV. MY WIFE AND I CAN'T STAND THE HORRIBLE GAS MILEAGE. WE HAVE EXPERIENCED ABOUT 12-14 MILES PER GALLON. i WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE BECAUSE FOR THE SAME PRICE YOU COULD GET INTO AN ACADIA.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great SUV for WINTER handling...

by 4WD for Winter! from Pompton Plains on Tue Nov 18 2008

So many features and options included in the Denali edition. 4WD or 2WD options are nice to conserve gas when 4WD is not needed. Seat heaters work excellent and the touch screen radio / nav are very user friendly. Acceleration and handling is great. Great pickup and MPG of 15 - 17 is excellent compared to the 12-14 category for most Explorers, Trailblazers, Range Rovers, etc.

2005 Envoy the best

by GMC lover from Florida on Tue Sep 29 2009

I love my Envoy however I think it is overpriced new so if you can wait and get a 1 or 2 yr old with low miles you would get a better value. NOTHING but a Lincoln/Mercedes has the same or better ride.

The Biggest Rip Off

by Great Lake from Vanceboro, NC on Fri Jul 06 2007

I purchased a new Envoy in 2005. Within two years I have had ignition trouble, wires burning in the dash, a blower that did not work, and I had to replace the alternator. The alternator went out just after my warranty expired. On the interior, the paint on the stereo chipped within the first few months. When I started having trouble with my car I did a search on line for 2005 GMC Envoy recalls. I was surprised to find that there were three recalls that pertained to my particular car that I had no idea about. I was really happy with the car until I started having problems. For the size of the vehicle it has rather good gas mileage and is very attractive. However, these few positive aspects of the car do not outweigh all of the other problems that I have had. For this to be a brand new car I am rather disappointed in the quality.

1 2

Our Take on the 2005 GMC Envoy

Hard to imagine that GMC has been using the Denali name on premium sport utes for eight model years now, but it’s true, and the Denali family keeps growing: For 2005, there’s a GMC Envoy Denali, and it’s pretty much like Denalis before it — essentially the same as non-Denali models, but nicer.

The original Denali — that’s the native name for Alaska’s Mount McKinley — was a full-size Yukon model, GMC’s twin to the Chevrolet Tahoe. While mechanically similar, the Denali versions are downright loaded, with lots of leather and wood and standard features that would otherwise be optional. That’s the case with the Envoy Denali. And like other Denali... Read More