2005 Gmc Envoy

A FAIR MARKET VALUE ON A GOOD SUV.

by from Tallahassee on September 13, 2017

Since this suv is extremely comfortable and quite spacious, it is great for road trips, commutes, and business travels. Relatively speaking, the asking price is "below" fair market value, given its low milage and running condition. The only reason it is being sold is due to financial necessity.

LOVE this car.

by from Leola, PA on July 14, 2017

This vehicle is stylish, comfortable, smooth, easy on gas. It was purchased to tow our travel trailer RV. Great engine, powerful. Very happy I purchased it.

Uses car for Towing

Good SUV for the money

by from Louisville, KY on May 28, 2017

Not the best looking thing but drives smoothly and seems to just keep going. Interior not the best but easy to clean and lower the rear seats.

I love this car!!

by from MN on December 7, 2016

I don't know why they stopped making them! I am ready to purchase another SUV and I can't find anything that has this much room and 4WD!! It sure is a life saver in the winter! This is the next best thing to a truck!!

Don"t buy an Envoy

by from regina sk on October 21, 2014

Have had this car 5 years and put over $8500.00 into it. And the engine light still won't stay off! Wouldn't recommend buying one!

2005 Envoy the best

by from Florida on September 29, 2009

I love my Envoy however I think it is overpriced new so if you can wait and get a 1 or 2 yr old with low miles you would get a better value. NOTHING but a Lincoln/Mercedes has the same or better ride.

Great SUV for WINTER handling...

by from Pompton Plains on November 18, 2008

So many features and options included in the Denali edition. 4WD or 2WD options are nice to conserve gas when 4WD is not needed. Seat heaters work excellent and the touch screen radio / nav are very user friendly. Acceleration and handling is great. Great pickup and MPG of 15 - 17 is excellent compared to the 12-14 category for most Explorers, Trailblazers, Range Rovers, etc.

GOOD SUV, POOR MILEAGE

by from LOUISIANA on April 9, 2008

Ii HAVE HAD MY ENVOY FOR ABOUT TWO YEARS AND WE REALLY LIKE OUR SUV. MY WIFE AND I CAN'T STAND THE HORRIBLE GAS MILEAGE. WE HAVE EXPERIENCED ABOUT 12-14 MILES PER GALLON. i WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE BECAUSE FOR THE SAME PRICE YOU COULD GET INTO AN ACADIA.

The Biggest Rip Off

by from Vanceboro, NC on July 6, 2007

I purchased a new Envoy in 2005. Within two years I have had ignition trouble, wires burning in the dash, a blower that did not work, and I had to replace the alternator. The alternator went out just after my warranty expired. On the interior, the paint on the stereo chipped within the first few months. When I started having trouble with my car I did a search on line for 2005 GMC Envoy recalls. I was surprised to find that there were three recalls that pertained to my particular car that I had no idea about. I was really happy with the car until I started having problems. For the size of the vehicle it has rather good gas mileage and is very attractive. However, these few positive aspects of the car do not outweigh all of the other problems that I have had. For this to be a brand new car I am rather disappointed in the quality.

My Denali

by from United Arab Emirates, Al Ain on May 11, 2006

I have the Denali 4x4 for more than five months now. It's a great car in general in my place in UAE. You can't see it everywhere, so people will keep look at you. It's a nice car in it shape. But the problem is that our dealer does not provide all the accessories that a customer might add to the car. Because the car needs a lot of improvement in order to make it better. First, I have tried the car on the sands in my country. It's not easy to drive a 4x4 car in our land. You need a high car, while the Denali is almost like salons. The car has a very good engine. It's very powerful car. But it didn't give the right performance, not because the engine, but because the shape of the car and its high. Second, in order to give my self the chance to improve my car capabilities, I was looking for bigger wheel size. 17 inch is not enough at all. At least 18 inch, or if I could have 20 inch wheels it will look fantastic. But the problem is that I don't know how that will affect the car in general. So I need more information about the disadvantages that might appear later. Third, the suspension needs to be changed also to a longer one. Not touch, but in a way that makes the car in off road situations. Again I don't have enough information about that. Forth, I wish that our dealer can provide some upgrade stuff for the Denali. It's a very powerful car as I said, but it can more powerful. I am very happy with my car. The Japanese car can't race me. The 300 hps are giving the car a very strong performance in all situations. But there are some things that I didn't like in American cars in general. The quality of the car is not that much good. The Denali for example, front bumper is very weak. You can see the lights shaking while driving on bad roads. The rubbers on the doors and windows are weak also under the sun heat. In my country the sun is the first challenge for the car. The gear makes a strong sound when it shifts from 2 to 3. And there are some other things as will. On the other hand, the A/C in my Denali is very good and works well so far. The car is fast and it pulls you back when u hit the acceleration. It's enough for me that people call me now as Mr. Denali.

Our Expert Review: 2005 Gmc Envoy