1995 Jimmy

1995 GMC Jimmy

4.5

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have you driven the 1995 GMC Jimmy?

95 GMC JIMMY TRUCK WITH 120000

by MD3CITY from chicago on Thu Oct 28 2010

I purchased this truck totally uncared for by an urban woman.Many others who might have been ahead of me never made it there as it was a ruff area.I picked this car up at night so their were some things i failed to see. Ive seen reviews with these trucks having big transmission issues.But for 1200.00 cash i was just looking for a winter beater. After my total face lift of the car, changing ALL the fluids, and filters, etc, the vehicle became a pretty good running truck. The transmission does act a bit weird in shifting from start up, but never a grind or bump or slip. These trucks like the S10 have an issue with the driver doors off alignment, starter which by the way you must remove the flywheel cover to get to it and is too tight to take off by hand. Also the o2 sensor will be an issue.It has recently had lower joints done and is read for uppers.Not unusual for the mileage. My main issue i have is this thing drinks gas.I drive with light foot and still it seems to burn gas like a V8. Haven't yet found a way to reduce it as ive tried plugs, wires, air filter,etc. Maybe adding octane as it helps a bit. I purchased at 120.000 which isnt bad for the year. Also i might add this truck doesn't have the best acceleration. Your normal take off is great.But in mid speed of you want to play catch up and floor it you might be disappointed.But as i have a certain brand of plugs in it, maybe the problem.Something i will have to check. IT does turn heads as it roars in the first gear on residential streets.Also the red shiny paint job.Which ive noticed cracks easy as i see in the lower part of the truck.Some kind of adhesive might stop that. Bottom line is pre-maintenance and don't beat the truck down.Change fluids before due date.Especially transmission. Another trick i do with all my cars is if you feel the trans in gear and its high about to auto shift, back off the pedal. The computer will actually monitor your driving and takes stress off the trans when you do this. Also at a light, if it is long, put it in neutral to avoid stress.Specially in drive thru.

95 gmc jimmy SLT (165,327 miles)

by GM trucks are better from pennsylvania,PA on Mon Jul 10 2006

high maintenance, but definately worth it in the end. I needed a car for school and to pick up my kids, and i saw a gmc jimmy and it was what i needed, a 4-door cheap and in average condition. i thought i was just settling for what i needed at the time. I love it!! I still have it at 165,327 miles! it need some maintenance but this truck was put together well. I would definately recomend it! good strong acceleration, good mileage for a truck, and plenty of cargo and passenger space. definately a good vehicle to buy used

Best SUV ever !!

by Jazz from calexico, CA on Mon Dec 26 2011

I bought my Jimmy from a girl from Utah, so I'm second owner. Best Car we've had, really, this February it'll be 11 years with us !! Now it has 167,487 miles and still runs great; i'm thinking it buying a newer SUV but don't wanna get rid of my Jimmy. The only problem I had it was the fuel pump, but that's it, of course i take good care of it; because it really earns it, i work 7 days i always count with my Jimmy to take wherever I have to go.

Retro family car

by Car Searchers from Richmond, BC on Sun Sep 16 2018

My dad bought this car in 2010. I loved it. The car could do anything, off-roading? No problem. Camping? Easy. Landscaping? Surprisingly Easy. But after a year of my mom driving a Denali, my dad sold it for business, so my mom drove the Jimmy. She drove me to pre-school and drove herself to work, about 45 KM everyday. In 2014, About a month before my mom bough her terrain, We gave it to my dads friend, and I'm assuming the car is scrapped, because of his driving skills. The only issue with the car was, whenever we opened the trunk, we had to hold it open or else it would slam down, otherwise, best car ever.

Our Take on the 1995 GMC Jimmy

Everything that's been said of the Chevrolet Blazer applies to the GMC Jimmy.

Has to-it's the same vehicle except that the grille sports big G-M-C letters where Chevy put its bow-tie logo.

Jimmy offers the same expanded interior dimensions for increased roominess, the same occupant-friendly suspension to cushion you from road harshness, the same car-like ride and handling that makes you feel as if you're behind the wheel of a sedan rather than a sport-utility vehicle, the same powerful 4.3-liter, V-6 that allows you to merge with ease or tackle the hills and inclines without a running start.

There's also the same availability of push-button four-wheel-drive activation, which we... Read More