2002 Gmc Sierra 1500

Great Truck

by from norwcih,ny on August 2, 2009

GM really knew what they were doing when these trucks were built. The body style is attractive, extremely reliable, and very roomy even for a regular cab. The 5.3l engine is very strong. I can see myself putting 300,000 miles on the truck no problem! Thanks again GM for hanging in their and building these amazing trucks!!

good work horse with a comfortable ride

by from westland mi on March 1, 2010

has performed everything i've asked it to do. wish the milage was a little better but 17 mpg at 80 isn't bad. around town i can get 425 miles out of a tank.

NO Problem

by from on September 9, 2009

I have always owned a 2500 or bigger, but I give it up to the 1500's as well. I have not had a single problem with this truck and I tow and put it trough rough paces often. I am glad to read the mileage people are getting out of these good ol american trucks. Inside and out it has style and it continues to show me it was worth my purchase.

2002 GMC Seria

by from South Bend In on April 4, 2011

The 2002 GMC Siera used truck was a good buy for the price I paid. There uas little I had to do to it after the dealer made a few repairs. I have had somme problems with the check engine light comming on ,so that is somthing I need to look at. The Ride is good for a truck and the seats are good for the trim level SLE. Of course with a used vehical there is a look of little things that need attetion . The power windows motor will need replaces along with the power review meaors (aperantly they had been broke early and are taped in to place). The tailgate latch will need to be cleaned and relubericated due to it not fully locking when open. I had to replace the interdome light bulb. While using this past few monthes the driver side rear door open latch broke so it also needs to be repaired.

Best Truck Ive Ever Own

by from Plano, Texas on February 28, 2007

I love this truck! Its comfy, stylish and never let me down. It now has just over 130,000 miles on it and its still running awesome. I haul horses a couple times a month, and have never felt bogged down or as if I'm lacking power for the haul, unlike other trucks I've hauled with. Gas mileage isn't too great, but any vehicle this size isn't. I love this truck, looks great and runs great, def professional grade!

Great Truck

by from GA on October 19, 2007

this is a great truck that i personally love. i have had it for a while and havent had a problem with it. it performs well. it handles ok but after all this is still a truck.

From a Lady's Point of View -- Head over Heels!!

by from Lorain, OH on October 1, 2013

I am a 4'11" pregnant woman (currently in my 3rd trimester). I purchased my truck from my Aunt when my Uncle (always took very good care of his vehicles) passed away a cpl yrs ago. Not only does the fact that he owned it (he was never a person to jump into anything without researching intensely) but this has by far has been one of the best vehicles I have owned (My Dad & step-Dad were both mechanics....us girls got to own a LOT of cars growing up - ford, chevy, bmw, cadi, gmc - ....one of the perks)! Though in my condition right now, it's not very easy to get in or out of, I have no concern of driving this winter with my newborn buckled in it!! I look forward to purchasing another when it comes time to retire this beaut......which will probably be MANY years down the road considering the durability of its frame & engine. First truck.....first love!!

not worth it

by from on December 17, 2010

the trcuk is nice overall but as it sits book value on this truck is 13,000 so this is over priced by 1600 dollars but overall nice truck

loved the truck BUT

by from McConnells, SC on February 24, 2007

Transmission went out at 49,000 ordinary miles. Probably will buy Toyota next. There is no excuse for that kind of warranty issue for those miles. no wonder gmc is biting the dust.

6 months search worth the wait.

by from Morrill, Maine on May 22, 2017

Downsizing to one vehicle meant a truck. A long search out of state. Perfect choice but hard to find. Most trucks of this age are long rusted to pieces due to the brine the state sprays on ice in winter. This truck, a loaded example, is virtually rust free as it has never been exposed to our environment. It was well treated by the previous owner. The 5.3L V8 is excellent for moving this truck at really good fuel mileage in our normal use. I expect five or six years of service from this GMC and believe I may well get many more than that. Highly recommended.

Our Expert Review: 2002 Gmc Sierra 1500