2007 Sierra 1500

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Best Truck...BY FAR!!!

by Truck Enthusiast from Lake Havasu City, AZ on December 7, 2009

I have had my 2007 Sierra for just a few months, but it is a great one. I just did a move from North Carolina to Arizona, and my Sierra got GREAT gas mileage. The styling and comfort are EXCELLENT. The ride was extremely smooth. The only thing I have done to my truck thus far is one can of fuel injector cleaner and I also replaced the factory air filter with a K&N Air Filter. The transition from V8 to V4 mode is smooth, and is the great thing that I love about conserving gas. I purchased this vehicle to commute to and from work, but also LOVE taking it for a long drive. By far THE BEST TRUCK I HAVE EVER OWNED!!!

Great Truck

by Nick N from Drummond Island, MI on June 19, 2014

I bought this car used with 100,000 miles in 2014. I test drove it once and i wanted it right away. It drives smooth and gets great mileage. I got 18 miles per gallon on the way home and am getting 17 mpg driving around my small town. it has plenty of power and has the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. I'm 6' 4" and i have to keep the seat slightly forward to reach the radio. easy to drive in boots and very easy to clean. would recommend buying one to anyone.

The best truck period.

by Fisherman and Hunter from TN on September 1, 2007

I purchased the crew cab w/ 5.3 liter. I went w/ the SLE1 w/ 20 inch rims, auto-locking rear, tow package w/ trans cooler, remote start, dual climate control, ebony cloth int, stealth gray ext. Absolutely love the combination of dual climate control and remote start. I start my truck from inside the house or office a couple minutes before I leave and the truck automatically heats or cools cab before I get in. The truck also looks awesome w/ the optional 20 inch rims plus I added the oval GMC running boards. Plenty of power from the 5.3 liter for towing my boat and passing. I recommend getting the tow package w/ transmission cooler and auto-locking rear. I have not had any problems w/ truck, no squeaks, no rattles. I'm curious to see what type of mileage I will end up with after break-in. I was a little concerned at first because I was averaging 14.6 mpg on the first 200 miles but now at 800 miles i'm averaging 15.8 mpg and still rising each week. This is with 70% city driving and 30% highway. Overall, I'm extremely pleased w/ the truck and I believe I will have this one a long, long time. Great Job GM.

I highly recommend checking this truck out...

by James from Charlotte, NC on July 20, 2015

I bought my 07 Sierra SLT 4x4 used; have had it for a little over a year, and I must say...I love this truck. I test drove trucks from other manufacturers; some even newer than this GMC I ended up buying, and they did not compare. The Ford had a nice interior, but felt like it was laboring to accelerate and I did not particularly like the exterior styling. The Dodge was plagued by a transmission that left a lot to be desired. Toyota, was a rare find for my price range, so I admit I did not test drive one. I preferred the styling of the GMC to the Chevy, so I decided to test one out and I was blown away. The power of GM's trusty 5.3 is just right. The cabin is quiet, comfortable, and functional (the only negatives are the stiff dash which can creak when cold and cheaply made cigarette lighter covers that break). The exterior collects compliments all the time. My truck is approaching 150,000 miles and no one can believe the quality of this vehicle considering its use. I am extremely satisfied with my purchase, and I bet you would be as well. Cheers.

Best overall truck - Denali

by Jeff from San Diego, CA on August 23, 2009

I've owned 3 trucks and this truck is in a class of its own. Denali's are an amazing truck. The more I drive it the more impressed I become. Everyone that stepped inside can't believe how luxurious it is. This truck has so many features and the seat are so comfortable. Though I did hope the Nav was more advanced. Mine didn't have the sliding rear window, and found at time it would have been useful. I do quite a bit of long driving (CA to TX) and the ride is smooth and would get pretty good gas mileage (for a truck) at 19mpg (sometimes a little more); and going 80+mph. The Denali has a 6.2L, the exhaust sounds awesome and the power is solid. I also like the manual shift option (from 1-6). Took it to Mammoth, and with AWD, it was no problem through the snow. So if you're considering a truck and could afford a Denali, go for it. If you can't afford a new one, then a used one is just as good.

The best truck on the road

by FireGuy26 from Worland, Wyoming on December 18, 2007

Previously had a 02 Chevy, Then a 05 GMC SLE I now own a 07 NBS GMC sierra crew SLT Deep blue metallic (leather, bose, sunroof,) this truck does everything and then some. The 5.3 has plenty of power under the hood and is quiet on the road and gets great MPG. My parents have a 07 ford f-150 with about the same trim level as mine and I have driven and it feels like a cinder block with wheels and what?s up with that shifter in the center console area. Just didn?t like the overall features and drive of the ford. And don?t get my started on Toyota Anyways just to make a point some things that previously fit in a GMC/Chevys such as campers may not fit the same in the NBS trucks. Thanks GM for a great truck

Good truck

by Pickup man from Fort Wayne, IN. on February 2, 2011

Good Truck with low miles, 15,650 not bad for a 3 year old truck. Drives great and with the 4.3 liter v6 engine good on gas too. Comfortable with controls in convient locations. I really like this truck! Great condition too. The antilock brakes really help when driving in snow.

love my truck

by sothern man from mississippi on December 19, 2013

This is by far the best looking and over all best truck iv ever owned it handles great easy to custom and looks sleek and sexy

awesome truck

by docs from pa on May 26, 2012

have owned this now for 6 months and it is a great truck roomy does what is needed and comfortable, i drive it back and forth from pa to tn and its a great ride lots of room.

Best Truck Value

by JOY TO RIDE from Virginia on February 22, 2013

Found this one owner ,low miles with all service records ,garage kept. Perfect inside and out. Good ride, good gas milage. Call Brad at Charlie Obaugh Chevolet in Waynesboro Va. to find you one.

1 2 3 4 5