Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 Sierra 1500

2008 GMC Sierra 1500

2008 GMC Sierra 1500

Have You Driven the 2008 GMC Sierra 1500?

The ABSOLUTE TOP END of ALL TRUCKS, the DENALI!

by Denali Lover FOREVER! from Carolina Beach, NC on Sat Apr 03 2010

By FAR the best truck I've ever had the pleasure of owning. The Sierra Denali AWD line to me rates far above any other truck out there ESPECIALLY when it comes to BOTH LUXURY AND PERFORMANCE! Who want's an Escalade Version -- it's just a tricked-out Avalanche, and I don't see what makes them at all useable trucks like this. INCREDIBLE PERFORMANCE, and good gosh, with using a 4" SINGLE exhaust it has an incredible sound that I would NEVER change; it sounds as good if not better than a dual any day! There's just no getting around the fact that a fully loaded Sierra Denali ALL WHEEL DRIVE (the ONLY way to fly!) is the coolest, 'stock' performance truck on the market today. I have a Caddy DTS I absolutely love as a cruiser - yet by far I choose the Denali. IF Cadillac had something comparable, I'd have bought that, but they don't, so this is as good as good gets (in my humble opinion). Buy one for yourself, you'll never regret it (unless you have to part with it!).

GMC Sierra Denali

by Buy American from East Peoria, IL on Sun Feb 27 2011

I bought this truck with 1500 miles on the clock and love it. It had every available option from the factory. The truck did have a leak in the sunroof, but was repaired under warranty, thus the "4" for reliability. With the 6.2L engine, it has plenty of power to do anything and the AWD gives the truck go anywhere anytime capability. Normally, I would trade every two years, but I am keeping this vehicle for at least another year, I like it that much. If you are looking for a full size truck, the GMC is worth a look.

Best Truck EVER

by ATLCowboy from Baltimore, MD on Thu Aug 16 2012

Just purchased a 2008 Sierra Denali in early July. This was my dream vehicle, so I might be a little bias. It's everything one would want in truck. Power, looks, comfort, luxury, and oh yeah, more power. 6.2 liter engine, 403 HP, 417 ft/lbs of torque. My family of 4 loves it. And my girls love being the only Sierra Denali on the road in our city. Lots of room and options. GMC drilled this truck. What else can I say. Go get one.

Denali Rules

by Outdoor Enthusiast from St. Pau, MN on Fri Nov 06 2009

I had a '97 Sierra and when it came time to upgrade I went all out for the Sierra Denali. This thing has it all. AWD all the time and the towing is awesome. Taking my boat out to the lake is easy and the breaks are all disc. Can't go wrong with this. GM is getting better. Always had my eye on this one. Was looking at a new Tundra limited but for the price, only got a 5.7 liter engine. This Sierra got 6.2 liter 403 HP. Don't get me wrong it's a lot of Money but it's well worth it and will look to keep for a long time.

Uses car for Towing

first truck

by rodney from Phoenxi AZ on Mon Nov 04 2013

I bought this awesome truck with my own hard earnings. The truck is 2008 Gmc SIerra LT extended cab 4x4 with the 5.3 liter V8. I can't really say anything bad about the truck. The gas mileage is what i expect from a big truck. I travel to school and work every day and on the weekend, I head out to the trail with my Mountain bike. The truck gets almost 17 to the gallen becasue I'm in a city driving most of my time but the gas mileage goes up to almost 23 to the gallen because of the tonnaue cover i have on and very easy on the gas pedal. Not bad for someone who loves going out doors and enjoying what the nature offered.

Best choice I’ve ever made

by Jbowdre on Mon Jun 04 2018

I bought my pickup 4 years ago with 65,000 miles on it, my pickup now has around 220,000 miles. I have never had any major problems with this pickup. Best decision I have ever made, will have my 2008 GMC Sierra till it dies

Super Super Super

by MissBee0245 from Stafford, Texas on Wed Feb 29 2012

Best experience ever...............In all catagories Thank You Ernie and Ron Keep On Keeping On God Bless

very reliable

by sierra 1500 from cordele, ga on Mon Oct 03 2011

I looked for a truck for about 8 months. I found this truck made an offer for it they agreed and i had the truck delivered to me. I like the performance of the truck I have not pulled a heavy load yet but i can tell there wont be a problem for the truck it has the 6.0 motor. My family and I have taken short trips in it we are all able to get in and out easy and we have enough room. My daughter really likes it that is the only vehicle she wants to ride in now. I have thoroughly enjoyed my truck and would recommend it (it does no get the best gas mileage but im not worried about that).

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Very Dependable

by skerNolathe from Olathe, KS on Thu Nov 30 2017

Fits family of four (and two dogs) with car seats very comfortably. Dependable, no mechanical issue with over 130,000 miles driven.

Very reliable!!

by Chris eggs from Silver creek ny on Sat Nov 04 2017

Everything I was looking for in a pick up truck! No issues. Very comfortable and very roomy! Love the unique color. The headlights are nice! A family vehicle! For all our needs!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2008 GMC Sierra 1500

Here in truck country, loads of folks drive big pickup trucks just because they want to. Wide-open spaces and all that.

Sure, the gas mileage is grim and they're hard to maneuver in Phoenix's increasingly urban environment, but this Western tradition won't go away until the drivers are forced, by economics, fuel scarcity or social pressure, to trade in Ole' Bessie for a car.

Meanwhile, truck people know that driving a pickup no longer means you have to rough it. Pickups can be gussied up with all the comfort and amenities of a high-end SUV or luxury car. Leather interiors, high-end audio systems, DVD players, power everything, the whole deal.

The pickup I drove, a GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Crew Cab, came with... Read More