2018 GMC Terrain consumer reviews

side view of 2018 Terrain GMC
Explore the 2018 GMC Terrain
Shop the 2018 GMC Terrain
4.3

My GMC Terrain saved my life.

Great savings on gas and mileage, very reliable and comfortable. Saved my life when I was in a big rig truck accident as driver side and front side bags deployed. I've become a GMC customer for life as I will be looking forward to buying another GMC SUV.

3.1

Brakes

Issues with the brakes main internal vacuum pump. 2nd time this has happened to me. Don't have no brakes, have to press very hard to even stop. Undrivable!Unrivaled!! Dangerous

We love this automobile.

This is a higher trim model with the bigger 4 cylinder engine (2.0 vs. 1.5) most of the options including Bose sound system. We love our pick and the only reason I gave 4 stars to comfort is the ride. Granted it rides nice, but you only get 5 stars from heavier sedans. Trucks and SUV's just aren't designed for that really smooth ride. Definitely would recommend the 2.0L engine if you tend to pass on a 2 lane road or need to pull out quick in traffic.

3.6

What I don't like it has a stiff ride and my start

Has a bad odor between hot and cold on the heater air leak front passenger and driver side window stiff ride start-stop does not work

2.4

reduced engine power 3 winters in row

I bought a 2018 terrain 1.5 Turbo, experiencing reduced engine power issues at cold temperature 3 winters in a row. Lots of parts have been changed under warranty each time it was diagnosed. The vehicle has clocked only 30 k, already 5 times to dealer for repair(estimating $5000 total parts/labor- got this total from the dealer). my warranty is almost done. scared to drive the next winter with no warranty. GM is saying they are working on the issue. I know I would get zero support after my warranty as no one will care about it(dealer/gm). the dealer is suggesting me to buy extended warranty for $3300 with $100 deductible for 3 more years or they are encouraging for trade in to get away from that car where I would have paid $12000 more at the end of new mortgage for similar vehicle. By both means I am the one who is going to loose . This has been very stressful and no piece of mind even after owning a new car.

Best choice

I love my car thus far. It included every feature plus a couple extras that I was looking for. Of all the cars I’d driven my Terrain Denali was the best choice for me.

Nicest, newest vehicle I've ever purchased

So far my family loves this car. It has enough space for our family and all of our things. Smooth and quiet ride. We are very happy with our choice in vehicle.

Great car.

The GMC Terrain as equipped meets our needs. It’s overall size makes driving a breeze! The 2.0 L , turbo is fun to drive! We’re glad the salesman recommended this car.

Very very nice SUV!!!!

GMC very roomy and classy, nice black on black look with plenty of great features!!!Very large sunroof for summer time sun!!I love everything about it!!!

Great ride and smooth shifting transmission.

Great car for the price runs great, rides smoothly and is a perfect fit for my wife and mother in law they both love the car.