Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2018 Terrain

2018 GMC Terrain

2018 GMC Terrain

Have You Driven the 2018 GMC Terrain?

Great new car

by Kay from South Dakota on Tue Nov 14 2017

My husband and I had been considering a new 2017 Acadia. Then we were introduced to the 2018 Terrain. After driving this vehicle, we made our purchase at a good price..

I love my car

by Jeannette from Brooklyn, OH on Mon Dec 04 2017

I love the look and updated design of the all new 2018 GMC Terrain. The interior is classy and the exterior is sporty. The features, including the electronic shifter, give it a very modern and techy feel which this car has a lot of great technology. It drives smoothly and has comfortable seating. And I LOVE my heated seats.

Very generous interior

by Casinocristina from Davie, Fl on Tue Aug 21 2018

We recently purchased a 2018 GMC Terrain with the upgraded engine, but before purchasing this vehicle we must have looked at 90 percent of all small and regular SUVs out there. This purchase took two months because we are at a point in our lives where we can afford any vehicle pretty much. We paid of our mortgage last year and our other car is also paid off. The first car we looked at was the Terrain, but we had not seen what was out there. We looked at everything from Lexus RX350 and Porsche Macan to Fiat 500s. The GMC Terrain offers the most bang for your money, and believe me, the attention to detail GMC has put into their interior, you can only find in vehicles that are 45k or more, and even then not all. The Alfa Romeo SUV at around 50k, paled in comparison to the Terrain and Toyota's are also behind, as they had nothing that offered as much as the Terrain does. If you are considering buying this vehicle, get the upgraded engine, it feels like your are driving a sports car with the handling and stability of an SUV, it's so much fun to drive! I cannot say enough about this car. The only after market change we made to our Terrain is that we added black rims to produce a blacked out effect that makes our vehicle the toast of the town. Everywhere we go, people tell us how cool our car is, we could not be happier with this purchase!

Sporty. Fun to drive. Excellent on gas... chick ma

by Dannyboy from Michigan on Sun Jan 21 2018

Plenty of leg room... spacious for golf clubs And other large sports equipment...quick smooth ride and handles the snowy roads well

BIG improvement w/new design

by FLDave from Tampa Bay, FL on Sat Jan 20 2018

Just traded the 2015 for the 2018, a world of difference. Was worried that the smaller turbo charged engine would be worse than the bigger non turbo was for performance. The transmission change (from 6 to 9) probably helped things along. The 2015 always seemed under powered and constantly shifting (very noticeably) to keep up. I have used the cruise control in hilly area and could not feel or hear any straining to keep up. Speed was maintained. The interior space looks a little smaller in the rear cargo area, but I haven't had the need to try loading it up just yet. The seats seem to provide better support and everything is easy to reach and control. So MANY little storage areas. A place for your change, phone, drinks, glasses and even a small umbrella. It's nice to not have to dig through the center console to find what you need. As this is my first vehicle with push button start, my only complaint is that we can't leave my wife's purse in the car without removing her fob. The horn will beep to let you know that you've left a fob in the car.

LOVE IT??

by Rscho19 from Cumberland, r.i. on Thu Dec 21 2017

Love everything about my car!! So many great features...so much room, so comfortable!! Love the heated seats & the air-conditioned seats?

Good, solid car.

by J&J Galena from Galena IL on Sat Jan 27 2018

I feel very safe in this vehicle. It feels so solid and stable in bad weather. I’m not afraid to take it anywhere!

The Terrain is one of the best cars I ever had!

by Carol K. from Englewood ,Fl. on Tue Dec 19 2017

I only had this car for a week--rides so smooth and quiet--feel very safe in the car--it's not a piece of plastic--so many safety features--and a beautiful looking car-

I own 2011 GMC TERRAIN

by Willie's Ride from Stone Mountain,Ga on Thu Jan 11 2018

It's very good on gas,has a very comfortable ride the car needs phone connection,cargo spa e could be a little larger

We love the vehicle we purchased.

by Melanie from Macon,il on Sat Jul 21 2018

This vehicle meets all our needs and is more than we could ask for in comfort and options that came standard. Would recommend the dealer and the overall buying experience.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19

Our Take on the 2018 GMC Terrain

The verdict:

The redesigned 2018 GMC Terrain is a refined and comfortable compact SUV, and it gives shoppers plenty of choices, including an optional diesel engine and an upscale Denali trim.

Versus the competition:

The compact SUV class is crowded, but the Terrain's available tech features, modern drivetrains and impressive roominess help it stand out.

Most vehicles get larger when redesigned, but the 2018 GMC Terrain is one of the rare ones that's smaller than the SUV it replaces — at least externally. The Terrain and its sibling SUV, the Chevrolet Equinox, had long been two of the larger compact SUVs available, but the 2018 models are now closer in size to competitors like the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4. (See these four SUVs' specs compared here.)

The new Terrain starts at $25,970, including a $975 destination charge, for a base, front-wheel-drive SL trim with the standard turbocharged gas 1.5-liter four-cylinder. I tested three versions of the SUV to experience its three available engines: an all-wheel-drive SLE with the... Read More