2001 Gmc Yukon

One helluva truck- tough yet refined

by from Michigan on December 29, 2007

I've owned this truck for several years after purchasing it from a family member. After 6 years and over 150,000 miles, I can honestly say this is a very well made vehicle. It rides like a Cadillac, has a commanding presence, has hauled anything I ever threw at it, got me through countless rain and snow storms, yet still seems so refined when driving it around downtown. Its big, but if you don't dog on it (drive like a 16 year old), it actually gets respectable gas mileage- as good as my Trailblazer, believe it or not!

Very reliable, good for 300,000 miles

by from Michigan on December 19, 2007

owned this vehicle for 7 years, just bought another new 2008, great for towing, general transportation, very few problems even after 200,000 miles

best suv in the business

by from BALTIMORE on March 27, 2009

I absolutely love this vehicle. this is my second one and just like the first i have had no issues with this truck,JUST regular mainenance.

Very good big SUV

by from Bowling Green, KY on January 17, 2011

I bought this used with 36000 miles and now has 186000 miles. Tough SUV. Pretty good reliability, comfort on long hauls, will carry a big load, and trailer big loads. Just a very good American work horse.

Excellent vehicle... sorry to trade in.

by from Southwest Colorado on August 5, 2006

I bought my 2001 used in 2003 and have driven it hard in the snow and rain and mud ever since. Maintenance has been low, and gas mileage is as advertised or even better. In the snow, this vehicle is stable and safe and makes other drivers seem inferior. The other review is right on, saying it being an ideal road trip vehicle. We've taken the Yukon from California to Florida and it's a true joy to travel with. We had the third row seats but rarely used them on road trips, favoring to use the storage room for bags rather than people. The legroom is adequate and will be hard to replace in today's vehicles. The only downside, is this a large wagon, heavy and that makes it harder to get good gas mileage. Insurance costs are also in line and even favorable if you have a good record. ;)

It Keeps on Running!

by from South Mississippi on June 16, 2011

I purchased my Yukon new in 2001 and I have always run synthetic oil in it. It now has 174,000 miles on it, burns no oil, and it will outrun any econo-car at the red light. I get 17 miles to the gallon driving to and from work with the 285 hp 5.3 motor (and I keep my foot into it...jack-rabbit starts and racing every other car on the long bridges!). I love the way this car drives. Yes it drives like a car and NOT like a truck. It is now 10 years old and the only repairs I have had are the passenger window motor and a transmission rebuild at about 110k miles (too much racing I suppose!)--Great vehicle and I plan to keep it for many years to come.

Best out of the 3 cars i have had

by from Minnesota on August 12, 2006

I love this suv more than any other vehicle i have driven. I also put my system in there and you cant even hear the vibration on the outside of the truck. It is very comfy when i am cruisin down the highway. Now i just cant wait til it snows!

Love my Yukon

by from Fresno, CA on May 15, 2011

I have owed this vehicle since new, 140K miles later my Yukon still feels like new. The drive is smooth, the room and comfort is incomparable. My kids love our car and even after buying a smaller SUV as a second vehicle they prefer to ride on the Yukon. I have had no major issues with this vehicle, and get many compliments on how nice it still looks and rides.

Tough Truck

by from on January 9, 2012

Good for the long hall. I have 200000 miles on it and still going. Seats are not good, interior space is good. Minor mainteance. Good towing.

this car is perfect for a family

by from dallas tx on September 12, 2007

this car is very reliable when you need somthing that will last along time it is perfect it will replace the modern minivan it is also super fun to drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Expert Review: 2001 Gmc Yukon