2021 GMC Yukon consumer reviews

$51,000–$54,000 MSRP range
side view of 2021 Yukon GMC
Explore the 2021 Yukon GMC
Shop the 2021 Yukon GMC

Yukon SLT diesel is amazing!

Got the Diesel SLT yukon and it's a great car. Truck chassis, 4x4, high off the ground, diesel with great mileage and plenty of space for stuff or people. Was looking for a 'real' suv and not a renamed station wagon or hatchback car with all wheel drive and I definitely found it.

3.1

Yukon '21 - Quality Issues

Model Yukon SLT 2021. Current miles: 7000. Owned for 7months. Great looking. Comfortable interior & ride. Significantly improved over my 2015 Yukon. HOWEVER - 1) Navigation SD Card and Card Reader in armrest both replaced. Did not work upon purchase & took 2 months to resolve and receive new parts. 2) Drain tubing. When you drive in the rain, water is not draining around the sunroof and or other areas causing a "sloshing" sound throughout the car. My dealer stated this is a known issue and is yet another recall item. Now I am concerned about water damage. The dealer has given me a loaner which I appreciate. That was 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for parts on this recall and other recall items. 3) Paint cracking around tail light. While under warranty, the dealer stated their body shop will need to remove the rear tail light and paint.

Just acquired..ratings are first impressions

Gorgeous SUV. Completely in love with the styling and the "Ultimate Denali" package. This is my 4th Yukon Denali. They keep getting better. All aspects of the safety and security package are impressive. It will take awhile to appreciate all the new features.

Great truck but a few flaws

Why did they get rid of the adjustable pedals and why would they make the gas tank 2 gallons smaller on such a powerful truck. Just started to hear knocking on the engine at midrange acceleration guess i will head to service department

2.9

I should have kept my 2015.

Very uncomfortable without the adjustable peddles. No storage. The movable center console gives little storage space and is a waste. HUD is nice but why not put instant MPG instead of ° of vehicle tilt. Ride is a little better. After 12 GMC vehicles, this is the last. Wish I had my old one back.

2.3

Worst car ever

Has 4,000 miles and is now sitting at the dealership with a complete engine failure. It’s been a week, still no parts. We were told this is a common problem on the 2021 Yukon. When I say engine failure it broke and then died as we were taking it to the dealer.

3.3

Ot worth the 80+k

A little over 3k miles on my 2021 Yukon xl denali and it started smoking horribly barely moving. Check engine light turned on a long with a emission alert. Towed it to the dealer and 2 weeks later still have no answer as to what the problem is. One of the theories is a fuel inyector was bad. Not good for a brand new 80k+ Suv

2.9

too many problems

1900 miles GMC had to replace all of the valve springs since then it has been in the shop twice for a water leak on passenger side floorboard, like shooting fish in a barrel, they cant find the problem and GMC customer service is useless

Exceptional Handling and Ride

We have owned our Yukon Denali for 1 week. So far, I'm impressed with all aspects of the vehicle. The ride is incredible and it handles like a dream.

2.6

Disappointed in my 2021 Yukon Denali

Hard to find vehicle and was excited to get until my 3rd day when it would not start. Towed to dealership and then no loaner vehicle available. Now stranded without a vehicle after spending 83K. Not a good start to owning a new vehicle!